The Official Go-Bengals 2013 NFL Draft Live Thread

Interesting. I was impressed with the one video of him I watched. Will push someone else down to us.

I will also be happy every QB that goes top 20. Maybe Vaccaro does slip to 21...that would be my dream scenario at this point.

plus Te'o going to the Giants or Bears.

Peter King too.

I thought I read something where he was complaining about people doing that and how it takes away from the draft etc etc...

So this being Peter "Nutmegish" King..  Yeah, he probably will.  WEIRD. PRECOCIOUS. Name one thing more precocious. SHUT UP YOU CAN'T.

God I hope not, if you look at every safety on the roster they are tall and Elam isn't..I don't think he fits the protype for the players they like at that position. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, just not a good fit for the scheme.

Wasn't ML recently quoted as saying something to the effect that he wasn't interested in short, muscled-up strong safeties?

Wasn't ML recently quoted as saying something to the effect that he wasn't interested in short, muscled-up strong safeties?

I don't think he said short. Lots of people on this board misunderstood and took it that way though.

It think he said "small" or "little" muscled up guys, not short, and meant something completely different. He was referring more to their frame - like guys who you look at who seem bulked up and look like they weigh about 20 lbs more than they should in order to play the safety position, but can't move well because of it.

He wasn't talking about height at all.

Reggie Nelson and Chris Crocker are both 5'11"

Archived