Hard Knocks #3 Predictions

The last Hard Knocks prediction thread took off, so let's try it again. The show left off last week on Thursday night after the Falcons game. So what's next?:

Obviously, the Titans game

Injuries: Hawkinson, Porter, Hawkins, AJ back to practice

In "In Next week's episode", I think they mentioned talking about the linebackers. The week before, they projected a RB discussion and they did.

I'm drawing a blank on any major story lines from camp in that time frame, it's been pretty quiet. 

Terrence Newman is pretty boring also with his women talk, chicks dig soccer players and QBs. He and Mays seem to have a discussion about women every episode. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but what they've been saying isn't interesting. And their super hero discussion was annoying also.  This show is interesting on its own. It doesn't need a lame attempt at comedy. 

For sure, the artistry of popcorn making will be featured (SF2 debut).

Also I'm sure the key position battles at QB, RB, LB and S will get some play... and since Shaun Williams got a lot of productive snaps vs. TN and we hadn't seen anything on him up to now, we may get a little bit tonight.

And I'm sure that injury updates will come up, Espeically re AJ and Whit and the DL.

Last thought... Since Maybin was cut, they might chronicle his departure, from a high pick in Buffalo not long ago to two subsequent other (unsuccessful),stops, and what that might mean for his NFL career.

For sure, the artistry of popcorn making will be featured (SF2 debut).

Also I'm sure the key position battles at QB, RB, LB and S will get some play... and since Shaun Williams got a lot of productive snaps vs. TN and we hadn't seen anything on him up to now, we may get a little bit tonight.

And I'm sure that injury updates will come up, Espeically re AJ and Whit and the DL.

Last thought... Since Maybin was cut, they might chronicle his departure, from a high pick in Buffalo not long ago to two subsequent other (unsuccessful),stops, and what that might mean for his NFL career.

unfortunately, that won't be on til next week.  Cut-off date for material is Sundays for Hard Knocks.

and yea, AJ's return should get a lot of play, especially given the performance he apparently put on.

Maybin will definitely get some time when he gets cut, probably the other guys that got cut too.

I think the narrative for this episode will probably focus a lot on how good we looked against Tennessee, I noticed in the last episode the praise was a little over the top for how well we played against ATL. Obviously, the backups kicked ass but the starting offense wasn't all that great and the narrator said something about them beng ready to start the regular season. I think the overall theme they are going for is that this was a team ready to take the next step, so far that appears to be playing out.

With all due respects to my incredible skills as a "Zea Mays Everta thermal expansion engineer" (popcorn popper), I really have to think they have better things to put on the show then my fat ass popping corn in the Springboro Stadium concession stand.

I have to admit, when the 4 of them walked up to me with the camera rolling in their Hard Knocks crew shirts on and asked me to show them how I popped the popcorn, I simply looked at them and said, "You are joking, right?"  Even after they were done and left my wife said, "Well, that was weird."

The strangest part was as the popcorn started to finally pop in the big commercial popper, the camera dude was about a foot away filming the popcorn popping, with the boom mike practically in the popper for a good 30 seconds.   We are not talking 5 or 10 seconds, easily half a minute. That is when I asked the cute girl, "Is this guy serious?"

As far as nudity is concerned, for the right amount of beer, it can be arranged.

With all due respects to my incredible skills as a "Zea Mays Everta thermal expansion engineer" (popcorn popper), I really have to think they have better things to put on the show then my fat ass popping corn in the Springboro Stadium concession stand.

I have to admit, when the 4 of them walked up to me with the camera rolling in their Hard Knocks crew shirts on and asked me to show them how I popped the popcorn, I simply looked at them and said, "You are joking, right?"  Even after they were done and left my wife said, "Well, that was weird."

The strangest part was as the popcorn started to finally pop in the big commercial popper, the camera dude was about a foot away filming the popcorn popping, with the boom mike practically in the popper for a good 30 seconds.   We are not talking 5 or 10 seconds, easily half a minute. That is when I asked the cute girl, "Is this guy serious?"

As far as nudity is concerned, for the right amount of beer, it can be arranged.

No amount of beer could make me want to watch.  :lol:

Probably bound for a tiny clip or an arty transition scene.  It reminds me of Mike Rowe making fun of one of his camera guys spending time climbing towers or getting into holes all for getting "B Reel" film that Mike would say had no chance of ever being seen by anyone.

unfortunately, that won't be on til next week.  Cut-off date for material is Sundays for Hard Knocks.

Are you 100% on that?  I thought I had read in 2009 about how HBO was using footage from that day and they chronicled just how tight they run downloading/shipping new footage in, editing, then clearing with the team hours before air time?

Are you 100% on that?  I thought I had read in 2009 about how HBO was using footage from that day and they chronicled just how tight they run downloading/shipping new footage in, editing, then clearing with the team hours before air time?

yep.  can't find the article at the moment, but they send all the film to headquarters Sunday night, and then headquarters spends monday and tuesday morning cutting and editing.  Typically they've got the episode finalized by 10am Tuesday.

Well... As someone who has worked lightly in video production, it's hard to tell. He'll probably only use a few seconds of that clip but maybe there was some background noise he was waiting out or maybe his editor just mandates that he gets at least 30 seconds of ambient sound. Editing can be a bitch and it is always better to have more to work with than not enough.

Archived