sois

Robenson Therezie, Star LB, Auburn - This dude was all over the place.  This could be a prototype for how the Bengals can use Taylor Mays.  Therezie is a safety technically, but he played a lot of underneath zone against the slot WR, thus why he is listed at Star LB instead of SLB or Safety.  He got two picks against Wazzu and seven tackles.  

Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn - Seems pretty unblockable.  He's only a freshman though, search the forum again in 2015 and you will find his name mentioned here.  He manhandled the Wazzu LG while playing the 2 Technique.

Khalil Mack - Buffalo

This kid is a stud, he will be a star in the NFL. Mack almost single-handly beat the Buckeyes in week 1. Urban Meyer said this kid could start for any team in the nation, he's that good. 

All I heard on the radio the week leading up to the game was how awesome this kid was, and he was the only person the Bucks had to worry about. Well.. he didn't disappoint. He was a one man show, kid did everything. I would imagine he will be picked pretty high next year.

All I heard on the radio the week leading up to the game was how awesome this kid was, and he was the only person the Bucks had to worry about. Well.. he didn't disappoint. He was a one man show, kid did everything. I would imagine he will be picked pretty high next year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237038/article/buffalo-lb-khalil-mack-has-a-headturning-day-against-buckeyes

Buffalo LB Khalil Mack has a head-turning day against Buckeyes
  • 0ap1000000217563.jpg
  • By Mike Huguenin
  • NFL Draft 365 writer
  • Published: Aug. 31, 2013 at 05:36 p.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 1, 2013 at 06:43 p.m.

If there were any college football fans that didn't know about Buffalo senior linebacker Khalil Mack before Saturday's game against Ohio State, they sure know about him now.

While the Buckeyes blasted Mack's Bulls 40-20, Mack might have been the best player on the field in Columbus, Ohio. It was not that much of a surprise -- heading into the season, there was talk of NFL teams eyeing him as a potential 2014 first-round pick. He led Buffalo on Saturday with 9.5 tackles and made 2.5 sacks and an interception, which he returned 45 yards for a touchdown midway through the second quarter. Buffalo finished with four sacks and nine tackles for loss against a Buckeyes team that was returning four starting offensive linemen.

NFL.com draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah Tweeted during the game about the reaction he was seeing from NFL evaluators.

a fair bit, yes.  To "almost single-handedly" beat a team, the game actually has to be close.  

You could say he's the main reason the game was within 20 pts (which would be true because of the pick-6), but the game was a blowout even with his stellar play.

He almost had the game within 3 points when he had a sack, forced fumble, recovery and return to the 1 yard line that was called back because of a bogus hands to the face penalty. 

Even with that play negated he finished the game with 9.5 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a INT returned for a TD. He was a one man wrecking crew. He could have easily scored 14 pts. by himself 

Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech - After Gresham is allowed to leave after a disappointing season, the Bengals could get Amaro.  He's 6'6", he can run, has great hands and has a little bit of a crazy streak.  Amaro + Eifert would be cool.

Kalafitoni Pole, DT, Washington State - He's a NT.  Non-stop motor.  Good attitude.  He is not super huge so he could maybe play regular DT in the NFL.  Made an awesome kick block against USC and has made some clutch plays in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Bengals type of DE (Tall) alert:

Kentucky_logo.gif Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky
Every year there are players who were unknowns before having breakout seasons to become NFL prospects. Smith is making himself just such a candidate in the early going of 2013. He put on a big-time performance against Miami of Ohio in Week 2 with three sacks and six tackles.

Smith followed that up with an excellent performance in Week 3 versus Louisvill to put heat on Teddy Bridgewater. Officially, Smith was credited with only three tackles and .5 sacks, but he really had two sacks against the Cardinals. On one play, Smith cleaned up Bridgewater after he was pressured by Alvin Dupree. Smith also stopped a third-and-1 by flying into the backfield unblocked to stop the back for no gain. In the second quarter, Smith came on a stunt and got leverage on the guard. He charged into the backfield and brought down Bridgewater for another sack. Smith has 14 tackles with 4.5 sacks through three games this year.

The 6-foot-6, 254-pounder could thrive under the new coaching staff of Mark Stoops. The Wildcats staff raves about his athletic ability. Smith is a raw talent who didn't start playing football until his senior year of high school. He played in the junior college ranks and became the No. 2 ranked defensive end junior college recruit by ESPN. Smith is a player who looks like he could be a candidate to be this year's Ezekiel Ansah.

Bengals type of DE (Tall) alert:

Kentucky_logo.gif Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky
Every year there are players who were unknowns before having breakout seasons to become NFL prospects. Smith is making himself just such a candidate in the early going of 2013. He put on a big-time performance against Miami of Ohio in Week 2 with three sacks and six tackles.

Smith followed that up with an excellent performance in Week 3 versus Louisvill to put heat on Teddy Bridgewater. Officially, Smith was credited with only three tackles and .5 sacks, but he really had two sacks against the Cardinals. On one play, Smith cleaned up Bridgewater after he was pressured by Alvin Dupree. Smith also stopped a third-and-1 by flying into the backfield unblocked to stop the back for no gain. In the second quarter, Smith came on a stunt and got leverage on the guard. He charged into the backfield and brought down Bridgewater for another sack. Smith has 14 tackles with 4.5 sacks through three games this year.

The 6-foot-6, 254-pounder could thrive under the new coaching staff of Mark Stoops. The Wildcats staff raves about his athletic ability. Smith is a raw talent who didn't start playing football until his senior year of high school. He played in the junior college ranks and became the No. 2 ranked defensive end junior college recruit by ESPN. Smith is a player who looks like he could be a candidate to be this year's Ezekiel Ansah.

I really like his potential. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up against SEC talent. 

I also like Avery Willlamson (LB) from UK. He is a talking machine. I can see his stock rising as the season goes but he would be a nice 4th or 5th round pick. 

Christian Jones, LB, FSU

Seems to be a size speed guy (6-3.5, 235) and is getting buzz as the best pass coverage LB in the draft.  He also just got suspended a game so he may fall (has been talked about as a first-rounder:

One of the top overall athletes on the team and FSU's returning top tackler who started all 14 games at weakside linebacker in 2012 after serving as the team's strongside linebacker in 2011. An impressive physical specimen who has above average speed and quickness, which makes him one of the leading candidates for the Butkus Award, given to the nation's top linebacker.

Christian Jones, LB, FSU

Seems to be a size speed guy (6-3.5, 235) and is getting buzz as the best pass coverage LB in the draft.  He also just got suspended a game so he may fall (has been talked about as a first-rounder:

One of the top overall athletes on the team and FSU's returning top tackler who started all 14 games at weakside linebacker in 2012 after serving as the team's strongside linebacker in 2011. An impressive physical specimen who has above average speed and quickness, which makes him one of the leading candidates for the Butkus Award, given to the nation's top linebacker.

Yeah, I mentioned him earlier in a thread after Lamur went down. I think DraftScout has him listed as a 2nd or 3rd round guy but I like his skill set and I think he had nearly a dozen passes defensed last season.  

What was the reason for the suspension?

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Borland.  

Also, their receiver, Jared Abbrederis would be a perfect fit in the Bengals' offense.  He's basically Andrew Hawkins but 5 inches taller.

Yes, Borland is a nice player. Makes a lot of big plays. He's short - that will hurt his chances some but he's really productive. 

Have you guys seen Lache Seastrunk (RB, Baylor) play? He's a transfer from Oregon, had to lose a year of eligibility. He's really something. 

Baylor's got a nice team again. Art Briles (head coach) will get a big-time offer from somewhere, if Baylor doesn't break the bank to keep him. That offense there is insane - really fun to watch. 

Have you guys seen Lache Seastrunk (RB, Baylor) play? He's a transfer from Oregon, had to lose a year of eligibility. He's really something. 

Baylor's got a nice team again. Art Briles (head coach) will get a big-time offer from somewhere, if Baylor doesn't break the bank to keep him. That offense there is insane - really fun to watch. 

Yes, he is glorious.

Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson.

This guy is a beast. He's hugely undersized for a DE, though, at a listed 6-2, 235.  However, if he can play in space at all I think he could be a real Von Miller type that I've been looking for on this team - a SLB who can rush the passer.

In fact, with Anthony Barr and Kyle Van Noy, this year looks to have a bumper crop of this type of player.

EDIT: Khalil Mack and Jeremiah Attaochu are two others.

Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson.

This guy is a beast. He's hugely undersized for a DE, though, at a listed 6-2, 235.  However, if he can play in space at all I think he could be a real Von Miller type that I've been looking for on this team - a SLB who can rush the passer.

In fact, with Anthony Barr and Kyle Van Noy, this year looks to have a bumper crop of this type of player.

EDIT: Khalil Mack and Jeremiah Attaochu are two others.

Agree on Van Noy, he is a very good LB.  

• 1 month later...

Archived