4-10 Bucs 4-5, 0-5
4-10 Eagles 1-7, 3-3
4-10 Cardinals 1-7, 3-3
4-10 Lions 0-8, 4-2
3-11 Raiders 1-7, 2-4
3-11 Giants 3-5, 0-6
1-13 Jaguars 1-7, 0-6

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz2hnHgzh9R

If I was Zimmer, I would think about putting Leon Hall as a Reggie Bush mirror.  Completely eliminate Bush from their passing game.   Take him away, make Stafford and the WRs beat you by having to throw downfield.   Hopefully the DLine can get pressure.   And when Bush lines up wide, def have Leon on him as he will most likely be lined up in the slot. 

Bush is the only player on Detroit that really scares me....considering Calvin J may not play, and even if he does it def won't be near 100%. 

If I was Zimmer, I would think about putting Leon Hall as a Reggie Bush mirror.  Completely eliminate Bush from their passing game.   Take him away, make Stafford and the WRs beat you by having to throw downfield.   Hopefully the DLine can get pressure.   And when Bush lines up wide, def have Leon on him as he will most likely be lined up in the slot. 

Bush is the only player on Detroit that really scares me....considering Calvin J may not play, and even if he does it def won't be near 100%. 

Interesting, hadn't thought of that. Do they have any good slot receivers?

Interesting, hadn't thought of that. Do they have any good slot receivers?

Don't believe so......Kevin Ogletree maybe?  Not sure their roster but I don't think they have a slot guy that's worth noting.  Nate Burleson, Kris Durham and CJ are their main WRs as far as I know and Durham may be able to play the slot but not too sure, not too up on the Lions.   I know Burleson is hurt though and out for this game. 

Don't believe so......Kevin Ogletree maybe?  Not sure their roster but I don't think they have a slot guy that's worth noting.  Nate Burleson, Kris Durham and CJ are their main WRs as far as I know and Durham may be able to play the slot but not too sure, not too up on the Lions.   I know Burleson is hurt though and out for this game. 

Looks like last week Durham was their leading receiver followed by bush and the two tight ends. I'd put mays or hall on bush and shadow him all game. Last thing we want is Rey or Harrison or burfict on bush cause it's a miss match no matter what.

While it was a different offense in Miami last year it would be interesting look back to see how we defended bush.

Looks like last week Durham was their leading receiver followed by bush and the two tight ends. I'd put mays or hall on bush and shadow him all game. Last thing we want is Rey or Harrison or burfict on bush cause it's a miss match no matter what.

While it was a different offense in Miami last year it would be interesting look back to see how we defended bush.

Mays on Bush would be a mismatch IMO.....Mays can't turn his hips and stay with Bush in space.   Mays is better in coverage on predetermined routes but improv, I have issues with Mays in coverage.   I'd put Leon on him and neutralize him.   Make the others beat you.   He's such a huge part of their gameplan each week that it may throw a monkey wrench in their plans. 

Also, I don't think Bush is the same guy as he was with Miami.  He's fully healthy now and it shows. 

Durham was a college buddy/teammate of Stafford's. Dude is very tall 6'6" and has good hands but is fairly pedestrian. I don't believe he plays the slot. The Lions just cut Patrick Edwards even with Calvin banged up & Burleson on the mend so they must at least feel comfortable with him. From what I've read, Stafford likes looking for him over the middle of the field, especially on 3rd down so there is a trust there.

Don't forget about LB Michael Boley we just signed. He's supposed to be fast and great in coverage.

Isn't this the same guy who used to shut down Chad Johnson (pre Ocho)?  Wouldn't mind seeing out one more game....

Mathis trying to return Sunday vs. Bengals

October, 15, 2013
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions cornerback Rashean Mathis, who left Sunday’s win against Cleveland with an injured groin, said Tuesday he will be doing “everything I can do” to return Sunday against Cincinnati.

The Lions could definitely use Mathis, as they face elite wide receiver A.J. Green. Cornerback Chris Houston, who had a hamstring injury earlier this season, will likely draw the assignment of Green, but Mathis could be matched up on him as well.

“I feel good. Moving fine,” Mathis said. “Just doing everything I can do to be ready, to try and be 100 percent or close to 100 percent come game day.

“So treatment, treatment, treatment. Rehab, rehab, rehab. And we’ll see.”

If Mathis does not play Sunday, he’ll be replaced by rookie Darius Slay, who filled in for him Sunday against Cleveland and earlier this year against Chicago. Slay initially won the cornerback job out of training camp, but was replaced by Mathis before Week 3.

Receiver wise they don't have anybody you have to change your game plan for besides Megatron. Burleson is on IR, Broyles is decent but doesn't stand out, Durham is just a tall target, Ogletree has shown flashes before but he was cut from Tampa a few weeks ago.

Tight End for them is a little more unknown- this Fauria guy has come outta nowhere to be a great red-zone threat for them but between the twenties he doesn't do much, Pettigrew has been a disappointment his whole career, and Scheffler is injured

Reggie Bush, no matter who we put on him will still make a few plays on us, he's just the perfect back for their scheme but we can limit them. None of their other backs stand out.

I'm not all that worried about their O as long as we don't let a banged up Megatron get behind us and we swarm to Reggie Bush we shouldn't worry about getting in a shootout with them, at least not with the D we have

Archived