Who Are The Bengals Looking At 2013/2014

looks like Scout Greg Seamon annually helps set up the UC pro day.  There will be another on April 2nd for guys who were injured that Duke Tobin will attend.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Due-diligence/5d541a67-d079-498e-9971-fe3bce09127f

Also looks like Seamon is going to be at the Tennessee pro day that day.

looks like Vance Joseph actually ran Verrett's drills at his pro day.

Wonder when he's going to have the surgery to repair his labrum? I'd hope sooner vs. later... That takes time to heal, and you'd want him ready for training camp, if not the rookie minicamps.

What are your guys thoughts on Joyner. They were talking about him on the first draft podcast and he seemed to fit us well. Could play safety. Corner and slot corner?

Definitely could play corner and safety. He's a physical guy with a lot of big play ability. Nice player.

Wonder when he's going to have the surgery to repair his labrum? I'd hope sooner vs. later... That takes time to heal, and you'd want him ready for training camp, if not the rookie minicamps.

at the combine I thought he said right after the combine, maybe he meant his pro day.

Bengals running backs coach Kyle Caskey working with OSU’s Carlos Hyde at Buckeyes pro day: pic.twitter.com/6uC33fM70n
— Joe Danneman (@FOX19Joe) March 7, 2014

I could see Hue falling in love with Carlos Hyde, he'd be the perfect compliment to Gio and a perfect fit for this team.

people are going to say 24 is too high but he was phenomenal in workouts the other day and he's gonna run his forty in a couple of weeks, if he runs in the 4.45 range like they're saying he will, he's gonna be right in the mix for a mid-late first rd grade....Hyde at 24 would not be a shocker to me.

at the combine I thought he said right after the combine, maybe he meant his pro day.

Yeah, pro day.

Pretty sure his surgery is scheduled for March 17th with an expected recovery time of 4 months.

I love the kid but it's a concern and I would expect him to fall as a result.

Yeah, pro day.

Pretty sure his surgery is scheduled for March 17th with an expected recovery time of 4 months.

I love the kid but it's a concern and I would expect him to fall as a result.

Well, regardless of how tough they are or how much their individual history has proven the opposite, the knock on smaller guys will always be that they can't withstand the beating.  Coming out with an injury will only reaffirm those fears.

What I'm saying, in other words, is that we might get lucky enough to have that fall go to our second round pick. I doubt it, but I would be thrilled.

I could see Hue falling in love with Carlos Hyde, he'd be the perfect compliment to Gio and a perfect fit for this team.

people are going to say 24 is too high but he was phenomenal in workouts the other day and he's gonna run his forty in a couple of weeks, if he runs in the 4.45 range like they're saying he will, he's gonna be right in the mix for a mid-late first rd grade....Hyde at 24 would not be a shocker to me.

I'm shocked! Spicoli is back banging the Carlos Hyde in 1 drum, lol.

I DO think Hue could fall in love with him, but I'd have a hard time seeing that love consummated before the 3rd round on this team.  And that's not a slight on Carlos, simply a recognition of the realities of the team needs and the depth at the RB position, which is pretty darn good this year.

I'm shocked! Spicoli is back banging the Carlos Hyde in 1 drum, lol.

Well he's not too far off from being a 1st round pick as it is and that's without running an official forty...he's a top 40 pick as it stands right now IMO.....if he shows scouts that he can run in the mid 4.4's he's gonna be right there in the mix to go mid-late first round...Hue is going to have influence in this draft though, one way or another he's gonna get HIS guys...no reason he can't start with Hyde.

Well he's not too far off from being a 1st round pick as it is and that's without running an official forty...he's a top 40 pick as it stands right now IMO.....if he shows scouts that he can run in the mid 4.4's he's gonna be right there in the mix to go mid-late first round...Hue is going to have influence in this draft though, one way or another he's gonna get HIS guys...no reason he can't start with Hyde.

I like Hyde a lot but if he is a top-40 guy, he's probably not in the Bengals plans. Hill, West and Williams can give them what they need in the third or fourth round.

I like Hyde a lot, but if he is a top-40 guy, he's probably not in the Bengals plans.

if Gruden were still here I'd agree with ya, with Hue running the offense now though, I'm not so sure....if he thinks he's got a shot at getting the best back in the draft and he's on their board as an option at 24, I could see him pounding the table to get him.....now obviously this is all just conjecture on my part, I just think it'll be interesting to see how it plays out since they don't really have a true "need" that they have to fill with that pick...anything will be on the table IMO.

There are players I like and want at 24.  But in all honesty, we have no pressing needs.  I would not be at all upset if our first 2 picks were straight BPA regardless of position, then start addressing remaining "needs" the rest of the way.

There are players I like and want at 24.  But in all honesty, we have no pressing needs.  I would not be at all upset if our first 2 picks were straight BPA regardless of position, then start addressing remaining "needs" the rest of the way.

exactly. and this draft is deep enough to be able to fill "needs" with legit talent all the way into the 4th rd.

if Gruden were still here I'd agree with ya, with Hue running the offense now though, I'm not so sure....if he thinks he's got a shot at getting the best back in the draft and he's on their board as an option at 24, I could see him pounding the table to get him.....now obviously this is all just conjecture on my part, I just think it'll be interesting to see how it plays out since they don't really have a true "need" that they have to fill with that pick...anything will be on the table IMO.

The Bengals are in a great position roster-wise. I'm all for BPA and Hyde may fit the bill. I guess I just feel like the drop-off between Hyde and a 3rd round RB isn't as severe as the difference between a 1st round DE, CB or OT and a third rounder at one of those positions. This draft should be very interesting for the Bengals.

All that said, Gio and Hyde would be a tremendous tandem.

It sound to me like you are starting to hedge.

South Florida DE Aaron Lynch.

#Bengals D-Line coach Jay Hayes had 1-on-1 w/ Lynch, who said he enjoyed tips from Hayes more than anything. #proday #nfldraft

This is pretty good to hear.  People are really down on the kid, but I've been taking him on all of those silly little mock games that were posted on here.  He's always available in the 7th in those, and he was pretty underwhelming at the combine from what I've heard. Still, he'd be one of those low-risk high reward types to take late.

Archived