The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Jets

Read this in the NY Times:

That is how many combined sacks, hits and hurries Cincinnatis Geno Atkins has had on quarterbacks this season, the most among defensive tackles, according to the statistical Web site ProFootballFocus.com. (The next player on the list, Detroits Ndamukong Suh, has 58.) Atkins will put stress on Jets guards Willie Colon and Brian Winters.

Didn't realize he had that many sacks, hurries and hits.

From what my girlfriend told me, not only did "weepy Dad" get to go to his first NFL game ever, that video went viral and the Bengals FO hooked him up with sideline passes, access to the locker room and upgraded his seats into the first row of the South endzone. We were speculating as to whether or not Gresham was aware of that when he handed the ball off to what looked like a female fan after his TD.

That whole story incredibly is awesome no matter what though.

Oh yeah, the ugly: Dalton still underthrowing wide open AJ Green...

:ninja:

Good:
This game was excellent top to bottom!
Moving to 6-2 and taking a 2.5 game division lead
Marvin fucking Jones!
ANDY ANDY ANDY!

Bad:
Andy Int (mental error,likely it wont happen again) Jets's goal line stand against our Jumbo package

Ugly:
Injuries
Extra short week going on the road

It wasn't a mental error at all. He saw the DT and tried to side arm it around him. That was one of the most athletic plays a DT has ever made. It won't ever happen again.

Not only that...it was VERY lucky. The original D-lineman that batted the ball was the same guy that intercepted it. Which wouldn't have happened had the dlineman next to him not batted the ball by pure freak accident back towards him so he could grab it. 99 times out of 100 that's an incomplete pass, although it was almost worth it seeing Giovanni jump on his back for a piggy-back ride. Almost!

Ive gotta say, gruden has really stepped up his game the last few weeks. I thought he was awful against NE and Cleveland, but the last few weeks he has called pretty flawless games. Only mistake was not just doing a QB sneak when we had the ball at the 2, but besides that a perfectly called game IMO.

Ive gotta say, gruden has really stepped up his game the last few weeks. I thought he was awful against NE and Cleveland, but the last few weeks he has called pretty flawless games. Only mistake was not just doing a QB sneak when we had the ball at the 2, but besides that a perfectly called game IMO.

I loved the call to Eifert on 3rd down on that series, that should have been a catch. It looked like it just came in too hot but Eifert had his hands on it - maybe the DB got in there? I don't have video.

It wasn't a mental error at all. He saw the DT and tried to side arm it around him. That was one of the most athletic plays a DT has ever made. It won't ever happen again.

Yeah.  I'm with you.  I'm surprised this play has made this list several times.  Great play by the DT and by far not worthy of 'ugly' by Dalton.  Sometimes guys just make great plays.  

Yeah.  I'm with you.  I'm surprised this play has made this list several times.  Great play by the DT and by far not worthy of 'ugly' by Dalton.  Sometimes guys just make great plays.  

Wilkerson is an awesome player. Another big GOOD from this game is how our O-line did against a very good Jets front.

I loved the call to Eifert on 3rd down on that series, that should have been a catch. It looked like it just came in too hot but Eifert had his hands on it - maybe the DB got in there? I don't have video.

Really ? Third down and inches just sneak it and get the 1st down. Personally I hate the call

Really ? Third down and inches just sneak it and get the 1st down. Personally I hate the call

I agree with both of you. I thought the 3rd down call was fine if you know you are going to go for it on 4th which we do. But on 4th Id sneak it up the middle. He had half a yard to go, I feel like sneaks are so rarely stopped.

I agree with both of you. I thought the 3rd down call was fine if you know you are going to go for it on 4th which we do. But on 4th Id sneak it up the middle. He had half a yard to go, I feel like sneaks are so rarely stopped.

Basically this, you only make that call on 3rd down if you've already decided to go for it on 4th down. On 4th and inches it should have been a quick sneak.

From what my girlfriend told me, not only did "weepy Dad" get to go to his first NFL game ever, that video went viral and the Bengals FO hooked him up with sideline passes, access to the locker room and upgraded his seats into the first row of the South endzone. We were speculating as to whether or not Gresham was aware of that when he handed the ball off to what looked like a female fan after his TD.

That whole story incredibly is awesome no matter what though.

Oh yeah, the ugly: Dalton still underthrowing wide open AJ Green...

:ninja:

he got to meet the team last night and was also taken to Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse by the Front Office.

Unreal...I dont know if id say he was great with the deep ball, but he was definitely solid. Hit 2 53 yarders, had Sanu on a deep ball that was called PI, had AJ on two other deep balls that were dropped or just missed.

To call it an Ugly is just someone with a grudge against Dalton. 

I have no grudge against him at all. He's an awesome qb!!!

The one deep ball AJ had to stop and got tackled because of it. All I'm saying is he needs to hit him in stride, slowing down and allowing the DB to catch up is scary. AJ could get injured. He also under threw him on the 1st drive of the game where cromartie made a good play getting his hand up, but if it's 1ft further, it's a td.

I'll be picky as hell about this until he proves me wrong, i want to see him work on the deep ball.\

I did Miss AJ 53yd haul, i the bathroom was calling.

I think its an OK call if you're already decided to go for it on fourth, but yea I would have ran it and probably taken the points given the offense I was facing.

Lost in the conversation:  BJGE got a horrible spot on 2nd down and arguably had the first down.

I think its an OK call if you're already decided to go for it on fourth, but yea I would have ran it and probably taken the points given the offense I was facing.

Lost in the conversation:  BJGE got a horrible spot on 2nd down and arguably had the first down.

I thought so to re: the spot on 2nd down.

I have no grudge against him at all. He's an awesome qb!!!

The one deep ball AJ had to stop and got tackled because of it. All I'm saying is he needs to hit him in stride, slowing down and allowing the DB to catch up is scary. AJ could get injured. He also under threw him on the 1st drive of the game where cromartie made a good play getting his hand up, but if it's 1ft further, it's a td.

I'll be picky as hell about this until he proves me wrong, i want to see him work on the deep ball.\

I did Miss AJ 53yd haul, i the bathroom was calling.

the one on the first drive wasn't underthrown.  He certainly could have led Green MORE, but if not for Cromartie that hits Green in stride (the length of Cromartie's arms was the main influence). Both Green and Sanu dropped deep balls later.  

Not sure if the one with the PI would have been on target or not, and I think there were 1-2 others off target.

It's give and take.  Brees had the best deep ball percentage last year and it was only 39%.  It's a tough throw, that even the best miss more than they make.  I saw Tom Brady miss 4 deep passes against this same Jets team last week, 3 of which would have been game winning touchdowns for the patriots if Brady had made better throws.

Archived