Against a good Georgia D in 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLTyvacOVtI

First I've seen of him. One thing's for sure, he runs extremely low and compact - maybe even more than Gio, which I didn't think was possible.  I wonder if he can catch the ball.

First I've seen of him. One thing's for sure, he runs extremely low and compact - maybe even more than Gio, which I didn't think was possible.  I wonder if he can catch the ball.

he's also got great balance from what I've seen.

Further, its worth noting that he's basically a RB already.  He had 619 rushes in college.  As many, and maybe more than many of the RB's coming out.  

The main thing he'll need to learn are taking a handoff and running between the tackles, two pretty coachable things.

McShay has Bengals taking Fuller in his Mock 3.0...

Kyle Fuller
Cincinnati Bengals (11-5)

COLLEGE: Virginia Tech
HT: 5-11
WT: 190
POS: CB

Analysis: The Bengals need a cornerback, and Fuller is a guy who turned some heads with his combine performance. The two big question marks on him had been speed and durability, but then he ran a 4.49 40 and, from what I heard, teams didn't come away with any concerns about his durability. He has good size (6-foot) and long arms and proved to be an explosive athlete based on his test results.

I trust your judgment on this stuff but I think just the opposite. He seems to run really high and awkward. Ill watch again but I could not disagree more on this one. 

Edit: watched again. He is nearly standing straight up when he runs. Low and compact would be nowhere near what I would say and he doesnt compare to gio in the category. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYpVoF5Ql0

Gio has great balance and runs low and compact. 

I dont think he looks all that much better than Jordan Lynch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4EKDk5eEYc

And isnt near this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7f-9_1y-zk

I trust yours and 1181s judgement on players but think you are missing it on this guy. 

Further, its worth noting that he's basically a RB already.  He had 619 rushes in college.  As many, and maybe more than many of the RB's coming out.  

The main thing he'll need to learn are taking a handoff and running between the tackles, two pretty coachable things.

Do you have another video of him? He just looks average here. Kind of sloppy and not that athletic. Had he not swept the combine I think he would just be another athlete at QB in a smaller division. Winning the combine is a big deal though. 

At this point I am talking to myself....lol...but he looks much more comfortable in the two sr year runs that I saw. Might be a product of where he was starting out at but his body balance and lean and how he runs seems better.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ocxxmsP0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRXzGnckgWE

He only threw the ball 17 times as a senior. 

@RosterWatch: BREAKING : #Bama LT Cyrus Kouandjio, after a disappointing combine, is the only player at pro day not participating "by choice." #ProDayTour

@RosterWatch: We're told by #Bama staff that Kouandjio "may be" participating in a separate pro day in April TBA but no definite plans as of yet.

@RosterWatch: Dre Kirkpatrick here doing warm ups- Whoooo! Looks incredibly explosive and fast. Had to ask "who the hell is that in Bengals gear?!?"

@RosterWatch: BREAKING : #Bama LT Cyrus Kouandjio, after a disappointing combine, is the only player at pro day not participating "by choice." #ProDayTour

@RosterWatch: We're told by #Bama staff that Kouandjio "may be" participating in a separate pro day in April TBA but no definite plans as of yet.

@RosterWatch: Dre Kirkpatrick here doing warm ups- Whoooo! Looks incredibly explosive and fast. Had to ask "who the hell is that in Bengals gear?!?"

I like that...

Marvin is at the pro day. 

Lots to look at that could fit here.

Cyrus K could be this year's Andre Smith-meets-Vontaze Burfict project. Not participating for any other reason than medical is highly sketchy and detrimental.

There's

Clinton Dix

AJ McCaron

Adrian Hubbard (I think he's going to be a better pro than college player)

etc...

Marvin is at the pro day. 

Lots to look at that could fit here.

Cyrus K could be this year's Andre Smith-meets-Vontaze Burfict project. Not participating for any other reason than medical is highly sketchy and detrimental.

There's
Clinton Dix
AJ McCaron
Adrian Hubbard (I think he's going to be a better pro than college player)
etc...

I'd take Cyrus if he fell to our 2nd pick. Give him a year to heal and learn then start him in 2015.

@JasonLaCanfora: Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio meeting with teams and performing position drills at his school's Pro Day. Knee not an issue there

Conflicting reports on his participation...

Bengals involved in some major character assasination to get a player to fall :)

I hope not, we already have Andy Dalton why would we want to add basically the same guy to this team, except for this guy is coming off an ACL injury in late November. 

So our backup would be like our starter and could run the same offense.

I would prefer McCarron though.

here's an interesting draft site.  Looks like it has data for every player in the draft since 1999.  It inputs height, weight, arm length, combine numbers, etc, and tells you how they compare to all other players at that position.

The more interesting part is, it spits out the 10 players that player is most comparable to.

Of note, DE Scott Crichton:  his top 2 comparables were Frostee Rucker and Robert Geathers.

Bradley Roby:  In his top 10 were Leon Hall, Brandon Ghee and Johnathan Joseph.

May give you an idea of what the Bengals look for and who they may target most.

(fyi, Margus Hunt's top 2 were Mario Williams and....Michael Johnson.)

http://mockdraftable.com/players/2014/

Archived