Lapham Draft Prediction

It's possible you can get a clue from his radio broadcast interview on March 12, 2014 with Lance McAlister.

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/1209/2014/03/mp3/default/lance_mcalister_0_1394655773.mp3

Dave Lapham on Free Agency 3/12/14 HR2
‎Wednesday, ‎March ‎12, ‎2014, ‏‎7:13:01 PMGo to full article
Lance McAlister 3/12/14 HR2 - Lance talks with Dave Lapham about the Bengals moves or lack thereof in free agency.

Thanks very much . I will listen to it later when I am home. Everyone seems to be ragging on the Bengals for losing Johnson and collins but they offered MJ just about what Tampa did just a little less. It was his choice to leave as it was J Joe's a few years back . He will regret leaving . And as for Collins he was not worth what Tampa paid him.  Anyway, thanks again

Thanks very much . I will listen to it later when I am home. Everyone seems to be ragging on the Bengals for losing Johnson and collins but they offered MJ just about what Tampa did just a little less. It was his choice to leave as it was J Joe's a few years back . He will regret leaving . And as for Collins he was not worth what Tampa paid him.  Anyway, thanks again

No problem.

The tough thing is, there are so few spots left on the roster to actually make the 53man roster. We're basically red shirting our 2nd thru 5th round picks and trying to hide our late round picks on the PS, which worked w/Hamilton but not with a couple others. It's a good problem to have though

Lap selected Taylor Lewan OT on NFL Networks mock draft. He mentioned that they need a corner several times though...

It would be interesting to see if he was still there. If he was, I definitely would make the pick and stick him at LG this year. Lap always has an idea of who the Bengals have their eye on. Not saying this would be the pick, but I doubt he select Lewan if he didn't already think the Bengals were high on him. 

Taylor Lewan will be long gone by the time we draft unless we move up (which we rarely do).  He supposedly is a top 10 pick.

Not with all the negative pub out there!  (:ninja: required)

Do your part and shout from the rooftops how he's a thug and punches opposing fans!

(I agree he'll be long gone, but I'm just trying to do my part here)

Not with all the negative pub out there!  ( :ninja: required)

Do your part and shout from the rooftops how he's a thug and punches opposing fans!

(I agree he'll be long gone, but I'm just trying to do my part here)

I was going to point out that he's white, but I see he has a lot of tattoos so that might work.

:ninja:

Lap selected Taylor Lewan OT on NFL Networks mock draft. He mentioned that they need a corner several times though...

I would not be unhappy with this pick.  However, like Arkansas Bengal said, "He supposedly is a top 10 pick."  It is possible that the 2nd rated OT in the draft to slide depending upon needs of teams ahead.

lloyd-300x300.jpg

Taylor Lewan will be long gone by the time we draft unless we move up (which we rarely do).  He supposedly is a top 10 pick.

let's think back to a year ago. interchange the name tyler eifert for taylor lewan in your above statement and you'd get an agreement with most of our members last year. just sayin, you never know. 

taking a modest consideration of how long whitworth will be able to operate effectively at LT, along with the loss of anthony collins (who i feel they should have made a stronger pitch for), i'd jump for joy over taylor lewan being available.

your right, it's probably an unlikely situation he'll be there, but it seems like every year someone you least expect drops in the 1st round.

Yup.

That's correct and I agree with the general point he was trying to make, but Lewan plays OT which is a highly sought after, premium position whereas Eifert plays TE.   Just look at how many OTs typically go in the top ten and in the first round in general vs the TE position that's lucky to get more than 1 player drafted in the 1st Rd and NEVER in the top 5 or 10 unless they run a 4.3 at 250 lbs like Vernon Davis. 

That's correct and I agree with the general point he was trying to make, but Lewan plays OT which is a highly sought after, premium position whereas Eifert plays TE.   Just look at how many OTs typically go in the top ten and in the first round in general vs the TE position that's lucky to get more than 1 player drafted in the 1st Rd and NEVER in the top 5 or 10 unless they run a 4.3 at 250 lbs like Vernon Davis. 

While you are also correct and I'll agree with you there is this caveat: Lewan is not considered the top Tackle but is in the 3-5 range, which is further complicated by his "attitude" label.  After Miami this year, I can see some teams being cautious.

While you are also correct and I'll agree with you there is this caveat: Lewan is not considered the top Tackle but is in the 3-5 range, which is further complicated by his "attitude" label.  After Miami this year, I can see some teams being cautious.

Touche.

If I was making the pick, and he was there at 24, I'd have an easy decision.  

Archived