** The 2015 Draft BlackJesus Wish List **

Go Cats and fuck the haters

Bear__ or Wild__ ? :39:

The lack of a WR within the first 6 picks in that last mock posted is just borderline criminal! :lol:

I thought the same thing. Just the messenger on that garbage. Though I do love Gregory falling to the Bengals at #21 ... talk about a steal.

Ladarius Who?  Where's the LB?

Although I don't like this year's CB's at all, of the weak group, Ladarius Gunter was the one guy I felt could be a solid pro (good size too).

Speaking of LB, I have a late-round addition to my MLB field ... Jeff Luc (6'0, 263 lbs) out of Cincinnati ... (Buckeye fans groan) dude is built like a bowling ball, and I like him as a 2 down run stuffer to spell Rey if needed. Love his play, build, and stoutness. And he'd be high on my Day 3 wish list.

* UPDATE: I also threw in two late round guard prospects who are massive with potential (Brown and Fabuluje) that I found interesting today, and the lanky but quick DE Riddick -- though when it comes to rounds 5-7, it's all really a crap shoot anyway (as some of these guys will possibly be FA's).

** No more updates from me now ... put it in STONE.  :whistle: 

I like Riddick a lot as a late round guy.  He measures out as low risk on the Waldo formula. Crazy 3 cone numbers.  

Speaking of late rounds and three cone numbers, you should like this guy BJ.  Small school WR, who is anything but small - but with amazing measurables:

Western Oregon wide receiver Tyrell Williams (6-3 1/2, 204) ran the 40 in 4.42 and 4.44 seconds. He had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.11 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.55 seconds. Williams is a potential free-agent pickup for a team following the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1gvpnXtJpw

And btw, we went to his pro day...

I like Riddick a lot as a late round guy.  He measures out as low risk on the Waldo formula. Crazy 3 cone numbers.  

Speaking of late rounds and three cone numbers, you should like this guy BJ.  Small school WR, who is anything but small - but with amazing measurables:

Western Oregon wide receiver Tyrell Williams (6-3 1/2, 204) ran the 40 in 4.42 and 4.44 seconds. He had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.11 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.55 seconds. Williams is a potential free-agent pickup for a team following the draft.

You had me sold at his 3rd highlight. Blazes past the defenders, gets over the top of the defense, then has to come back for an under-thrown deep ball and still scores a TD. Perfect for our system.

My most prominent thought as I watched the video: How can we get the Ravens and stealers to draft and start the players Williams was going against?

I think Shaq Thompson is a smarter more flexible Taylor Mays, i hope he's our 2nd rd draft pick.

I agree. He just seems to make plays, even at RB (though we wouldn't need him there). My fear right now is that he goes in the 30's or early 40's before the Bengals pick again. I've even seen him mocked to the Bengals at 21, though that may be early. Then again, for a playmaker of his type, maybe it's not early. I think he'd be a great WOLB ...

Shaq Thompson Dominating

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0di4jhpjcTQ[/media]

TOP 100 Draftee Players according to CBS Sports

(updated 3/30/2015)

1. Leonard Williams DT  Southern California

2. Jameis Winston QB  Florida State

3. Dante Fowler Jr. OLB  Florida

4. Amari Cooper WR  Alabama

5. Vic Beasley OLB  Clemson

6. Marcus Mariota QB  Oregon

7. Kevin White WR  West Virginia

8. Brandon Scherff OT  Iowa

9. Danny Shelton DT  Washington

10. La'el Collins OT LSU

11. Shane Ray DE  Missouri

12. Trae Waynes CB  Michigan State

13. DeVante Parker WR  Louisville

14. Randy Gregory DE  Nebraska

15. Malcom Brown DT  Texas

16. Alvin Dupree DE  Kentucky

17. Landon Collins SS  Alabama

18. Todd Gurley RB  Georgia

19. Andrus Peat OT  Stanford

20. Jaelen Strong WR  Arizona State

21. Ereck Flowers OT  Miami (Fla.)

22. Melvin Gordon RB  Wisconsin

23. Dorial Green-Beckham WR  Oklahoma

24. Kevin Johnson CB  Wake Forest

25. Cameron Erving C  Florida State

26. Breshad Perriman WR  UCF

27. Arik Armstead DT  Oregon

28. Maxx Williams TE  Minnesota

29. Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE  UCLA

30. Marcus Peters CB  Washington

31. T.J. Clemmings OT  Pittsburgh

32. Eddie Goldman DT  Florida State

33. Preston Smith DE  Mississippi State

34. Shaq Thompson OLB  Washington

35. Eric Kendricks ILB  UCLA

36. Eli Harold OLB  Virginia

37. P.J. Williams CB  Florida State

38. Jake Fisher OT  Oregon

39. Sammie Coates WR  Auburn

40. Jordan Phillips DT  Oklahoma

41. Jay Ajayi RB  Boise State

42. Brett Hundley QB  UCLA

43. A.J. Cann OG  South Carolina

44. Quinten Rollins CB  Miami (Ohio)

45. Benardrick McKinney ILB  Mississippi State

46. Nelson Agholor WR  Southern California

47. Stephone Anthony ILB  Clemson

48. Ameer Abdullah RB  Nebraska

49. D.J. Humphries OT  Florida

50. Danielle Hunter DE  LSU

51. Nate Orchard DE  Utah

52. Carl Davis DT  Iowa

53. Laken Tomlinson OG  Duke

54. Jalen Collins CB  LSU

55. Byron Jones CB  Connecticut

56. Devin Smith WR  Ohio State

57. Duke Johnson RB  Miami (Fla.)

58. Xavier Cooper DT  Washington State

59. Hroniss Grasu C Oregon

60. Rashad Greene WR  Florida State

61. Clive Walford TE  Miami (Fla.)

62. Tevin Coleman RB  Indiana

63. Devin Funchess WR  Michigan

64. Cody Prewitt FS  Ole Miss Sr

65. David Johnson RB  Northern Iowa

66. Ronald Darby CB  Florida State

67. Michael Bennett DT  Ohio State

68. Tre' Jackson OG  Florida State

69. Mario Edwards Jr. DE  Florida State

70. Hau'oli Kikaha OLB  Washington

71. Ty Sambrailo OT  Colorado State

72. DJoun Smith CB  Florida Atlantic

73. Ibraheim Campbell SS  Northwestern

74. Paul Dawson ILB  TCU

75. Damarious Randall FS  Arizona State

76. Alex Carter CB  Stanford

77. Reese Dismukes C  Auburn

78. Tyler Lockett WR  Kansas State

79. Jeremy Langford RB  Michigan State

80. Ali Marpet OG  Hobart

81. Phillip Dorsett WR  Miami (Fla.)

82. Trey Flowers DE  Arkansas

83. Arie Kouandjio OG  Alabama

84. Tre McBride WR  William & Mary

85. Grady Jarrett DT  Clemson

86. T.J. Yeldon RB  Alabama

87. Josh Shaw CB  Southern California

88. Kwon Alexander OLB  LSU

89. Doran Grant CB  Ohio State

90. David Cobb RB  Minnesota

91. Jeff Heuerman TE  Ohio State

92. Jaquiski Tartt SS  Samford

93. Denzel Perryman ILB  Miami (Fla.)

94. Derron Smith FS  Fresno State

95. Marcus Hardison DT  Arizona State

96. Daryl Williams OT  Oklahoma

97. John Miller OG  Louisville

98. Justin Hardy WR  East Carolina

99. Cedric Ogbuehi OT  Texas A&M

100. Garrett Grayson QB  Colorado State

... The key for the Bengals I think is to come away with 6 guys from this list through round 4.

:26: 

I agree. He just seems to make plays, even at RB (though we wouldn't need him there). My fear right now is that he goes in the 30's or early 40's before the Bengals pick again. I've even seen him mocked to the Bengals at 21, though that may be early. Then again, for a playmaker of his type, maybe it's not early. I think he'd be a great WOLB ...

Shaq Thompson Dominating

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0di4jhpjcTQ[/media]

I wouldn't mind him in round 2. I think he'd be a SLB for us though. Both of our SLB (Lamur and Flowers) are converted Safeties and Thompson is kind of a S/LB hybrid. Our WLB (Vontaze) plays a role that's nearly identical to the MLB and I think we'd want a bigger guy for that spot. 

Heh, there was a point...to show I didn't have rose colored glasses or a bias against them. I hate OSU because most of their fans are obnoxious idiots like Kentucky basketball (not a shot at you, have no idea if you are obnoxious or not). And most people from Cincinnati were OSU football and UC basketball (until Huggins left and OSU magically became good every year at basketball). Too many bandwagon buckeye fans in Cincy.

accepted, but i'll always come on strong defending the college team i love as much, and quite honestly for a much longer period of time, as my beloved pro team. so that shit just is what it is. if that puts me in that obnoxious category of yours, hell, just stick me in the front of that line.

i guess the point i could have more gentlemanly made would go something like this. there's no need mentioning what your affections, or especially your lack thereof of are (of college programs), when speaking about draftees. it serves no purpose other than to rankle the feathers of old diehards like me that you'll always find willing to jump at the drop of the hat.

there's just no need to go there, that is, unless you want to generate a response!

and i applaud the cincinnati fans who joined in rooting for the national championship team that represented this state's premier program during their championship run. even if it wasn't their hometown team, they represented our area and state in a thrilling fashion. if you weren't among them, i'm sorry your bias caused you to miss out on a exceptionally, exhilarating experience.

go bucks!

Top 10 players regardless of need or position  :liberalmedia:

By BlackJesus

1. Dorial Green-Beckham  WR

2. Randy Gregory  DE 

3. Jameis Winston  QB 

4. Leonard Williams  DT

5. Brandon Scherff   OT

6. La'el Collins  OT

7. Danny Shelton  DT 

8. Vic Beasley  OLB 

9. Dante Fowler Jr.  OLB

10. Kevin White  WR

5 Most Overrated Players   :31: 

- Amari Cooper  WR 

- Marcus Mariota  QB 

- Shane Ray  DE 

- Trae Waynes  CB 

- DeVante Parker  WR 

Sorry BJ..Trae Wayne's is not overrated. If by some celestial miracle he would fall to #21, the Bengals should break land speed records to the podium.

I would puke ... Bengals certainly do not need a CB in Rd 1. As for Wayne's, he only looks good because this is probably the weakest DB class in 5-10 years. He'd normally be a 2nd or 3rd rounder imo.

Their is absolutely nothing overrated about Amari cooper. Dude is a beast. If the raiders pass on him for white they will regret it. Also not one team in nfl that would DBG over cooper

He has padded stats because Alabama threw him the ball so much on sure catches, like short slants and outs. He's not physically impressive, and I don't think his forte will translate well in the NFL. In the same way that you can have a system QB that benefits from where he plays (see Mariota), to me Amari is a system WR. He's not garbage, but to me he's only the 3rd or 4th best WR in this class, hence overrated, that some people have him going top 5.

Amari Cooper is a stud. He has no flaws to his game.

Weaknesses: Needs to finish routes. Will stop or occasionally adjust route, putting quarterback in danger of an interception. Can improve use of body to shield defenders from the ball. Run blocking can improve. Could use a little more fire in that department. Focus drops have been an issue at times, dropping 13 passes over the last two seasons.

Bottom Line: Won't dazzle with blazing speed or outrageous size, but is good in both categories. Complete receiver with game-changing ability to win downfield. Has the skill and twitch to be a consistent, high-volume target in the short and intermediate games with the ability to produce against any coverage. Cooper won't be able to run roughshod over NFL safeties like he did in college, but he should be able to help a passing game improve quickly.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/amari-cooper?id=2552487

Scout: Amari Cooper lacks 'wow' factor of Sammy Watkins

--> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000442609/article/scout-amari-cooper-lacks-wow-factor-of-sammy-Watkins

"He's an easy route runner," the AFC area scout. "Not a lot of wasted movement, solid hands, good speed. But I wouldn't say he's elite. He does a lot of things really well. He just doesn't do anything with a 'wow' factor like (Sammy) Watkins, (Mike) Evans, or (Odell) Beckham last year. The best thing he may be able to do is run after the catch."

Indeed, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has gotten countless mileage out of screen passes to Cooper. And when defenses have loaded the box to stop the run, Kiffin often signals quarterback Blake Sims to check into a quick throw to Cooper, who routinely escapes the cornerback for solid yardage.

West Virginia WR Kevin White has 'higher ceiling' than Amari Cooper, NFL Network's Mike Mayock says

--> http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/west_virginia_wr_kevin_white_h.html

(He's a) really good route runner, had over 100 catches last year; reminds me of some of those wideouts that played on the 'Greatest Show on Turf' with Dick Vermeil in St. Louis - Torry Holt, for example. That type of wide receiver.

"Whereas the other two, Kevin White and DeVante Parker, are bigger-bodied guys where you can throw it up and they can win jump balls."

^ That's who I would compare Amari Cooper to as well ... Torry Holt with the Rams.

My First Full Bengals Mock Draft (4/3)  :icon15:

(what they should do, not what they will do)

21. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

53. Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington

85. Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State

99. Kyle Emanuel, OLB, N. Dakota St.

120. Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware

135. Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.

157. Jeff Luc, MLB, Cincinnati

196. Xavier Williams, DT, Northern Iowa

238. Jeff Obarski, K, Concordia

Result ...

sr3-06_z.jpg

635549511661436855-bengals-48-2014.12.22

99. Kyle Emanuel, OLB, N. Dakota St.

Even though some sites predict he's more of a 4th or 5th rd talent, I think he's well worth a late 3rd rder (compensatory) and would guess he is rising fast on a few teams boards.  I love his hair on fire style of play and he did 27 reps (the most for any LB). I like him and Michigan's Jake Ryan both about equally ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmPHDx8e8g[/media]

B0W6aMlCYAARx_u.jpg

Strengths: Logged 16.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in eight games against top 25 opponents. Fires out with forward lean and low pad level. Good hips with low center of gravity. Has ability to bend edge and turn corner abruptly. Plays with strength and isn't easily redirected when he gets to shoulder of tackle. Has quick feet. Frenetic, moving target who is hard to sustain against. Has a linebacker's agility and ability to avoid traffic at his feet. Pursues runners with outstanding angles and never believes he is out of a play. Can set the edge against run and accelerates into ball carriers with a thud.
Bottom Line: Small-school prospects often come with inflated statistics, but Emanuel's tape shows a combination of motor and skill that should be respected inside NFL buildings once he's studied closely. Emanuel has the leverage and hips to get under tackles and turn the corner, but his explosion off the snap will be tested. With his foot quickness and surprising lateral agility, there might be defensive coordinators willing to give him a shot as a 4-3 SAM linebacker.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/kyle-emanuel?id=2552296

Now that you're onto small school guys BJ, check out this guy, who actually lead the FCS in sacks per game last season with a whopping 1.5 (compared to Emmanuel's 1.22):

Alec May.  That guy's a football player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgMgpN176Zc

135. Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.

He won the All Star Accuracy Competition

(got compared to Tom Brady)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYuroXorYZ8[/media]

Highlights

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0W0MnAS_Kc[/media]

* Give him a year to learn behind Dalton ... and then you could have a 17 million dollar savings next off-season and get 3 inches taller with a better arm at the QB position.

Archived