Bengals have lost a whopping 4 games all year

True, but wouldn't you feel a lot more confident if they had started off 3 - 4 and were now on an 8 game winning streak?  Normally the teams that do well in the playoffs are the teams that get hot at the end of the year.  Looks like we're gonna be a .500 team the second half going into the playoffs.  If that doesn't have you concerned, it should.  

What is bothersome is the losses against playoff teams in prime time. When will this team become mentally tough and the coaches make the adjustments? Same results different year......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully soon. Boton shook it in hockey and Phillies in baseball. Our turn.

What is bothersome is the losses against playoff teams in prime time. When will this team become mentally tough and the coaches make the adjustments? Same results different year......

Except the Cardinals game, which had one of the most bullshit calls in the history of sports.

Oh sorry, I'm bringing logic to a rending of garments party... carry on.

Except the Cardinals game, which had one of the most bullshit calls in the history of sports.

What are you referring too? Good coaching allows the team to be resilient enough to overcome bad calls and win the damn game. Instead this team has an expert on the Heimlich procedure on their staff because the choke all the time in prime time and during play off games.

What are you referring too? Good coaching allows the team to be resilient enough to overcome bad calls and win the damn game. Instead this team has an expert on the Heimlich procedure on their staff because the choke all the time in prime time and during play off games.

You should probably just give up

It's odd that we lose a couple and now I am seeing all these guys on here with less than 20 posts going on about the team like it was the 90's, pushing y'alls buttons.. 

What is sad is the contingent on this site that seems to want to offer them a good ball washing.. Most of these same people having been suspiciously absent during all the winning.. It's quite illuminating.

And sad.

True, but wouldn't you feel a lot more confident if they had started off 3 - 4 and were now on an 8 game winning streak?  Normally the teams that do well in the playoffs are the teams that get hot at the end of the year.  Looks like we're gonna be a .500 team the second half going into the playoffs.  If that doesn't have you concerned, it should.  

To be honest, no, it would make me more anxious,  and I'm pretty sure the team knows it too.  If any team is going on a long winning streak, there is always waiting for the other shoe to drop.   I don't care how dominant any team is,  every team is gonna have a day or two where they aren't at their best.  Of course, we want our team to go through the season 19-0 with that silver football on a pedestal in our trophy case.   But the reality is Any Given Sunday is valid.   Any team can beat any other team, on any given day.   Look at Philly @ NE,  HOU @ CIN,  hell even PIT @ BAL and CAR @ ATL from last week.  And to be honest,  I could really care less if the team win or lose in the season finale (obviously I want to win though),  because the only winning streak that counts starts next week.  A 3 game streak means we won the SuperBowl,  and in the end, that's all that really matters.

WHO DEY.

We took the early super bowl favorites and current 2 seed to OT and lost by a field goal on a bad handling of a shotgun snap by our redshirt rookie QB in the second NFL start of his career.. We gave them all they could handle and ona neutral field we win that game.. Yet you have people on here acting like the Bengals are some sort of sham fraud and crying like this is the nineties and someone pissed in their wheaties.

Some people are just looking for any reason to feel bad about something and wring their hands. Others are almost undoubtedly trolls from other team sites who are enjoying the schadenfreude. What I don't get is the success they are having. Oh that's right, the first people I was talking about. We have too many of those, and that honestly is one of the things that needs to be fixed about this franchise.. And shockingly, it's something we as fans ACTUALLY can have an affect on.

Come on Bengals fans, where's your swagger? In the end it doesn't matter if you are wrong and they don't win the superbowl, that's on their shoulders.

no

id rather any imperfections or concerns be pointed out with time to fix them, but not so far in advance that teams find more, i like the grudge and focus after a loss, the anger and bitterness.. 

IMO 

the date of a regular season loss is meaningless

To be honest we really should only have one loss, or, there's only one loss were we were truly beaten and didn't beat ourselves and that was against the Steelers. We should have and could have beaten the Broncos, Texans and especially the Cardinals.

McCarron does look to be progressing, let's hope Hue does a better job putting the offense in position to make big plays. Oh yeah, and the oline needs to get their run blocking shit together. It's time to start running fools over.

I'm concerned 3 of our losses were on prime time.   Monday night.  Sunday night and Monday night again. When will we win the big game.   Make all the excuses you want.   For some reason we just can't pull it all together when it really counts. 

I didn't know that games in prime time count extra.  I did know, however, that most of our prime time games are on the road against pretty good teams.

Someone explain to me why a bunch of self-described Bengals fans are writing off their playoff chances 2-3 weeks before they even play the game?  Pathetic.  Maybe after that someone can explain why so much effort must be dedicated to defending the team on what is in theory a Bengals fan forum.  Extra pathetic.  Or how someone is a fan of something if they think it ultimately sucks because I feel like I have a decent command of the English language and I'm pretty sure that is the exact opposite of what that word means.

If we're talking about firing anyone I would start with about 1/3rd or more of the team's "fans", give the team a couple of years out from under the expectations of failure from the very people who halfheartedly support them & see where things stand.

It's odd that we lose a couple and now I am seeing all these guys on here with less than 20 posts going on about the team like it was the 90's, pushing y'alls buttons.. 

What is sad is the contingent on this site that seems to want to offer them a good ball washing.. Most of these same people having been suspiciously absent during all the winning.. It's quite illuminating.

And sad.

I been coming to these boards and posting for over twenty years. You want to lecture me. Long before anyone knew what a chat room and forums were I was rooting for this team and you want to lecture me?

I was there listening to people call into 700 complaining about Kenny Anderson similar to how everyone rips on Dalton. In the meantime, I witness this one of the many times this team throws away draft pick on Jack Thompson and you want to lecture me?

I was there in eager anticipation on the "great" Kajana Caters debut after a long contract dispute only to see him bIow out his knee in his first game witch was a preseason game. I was there watching Corey Dillon break the single game rushing record and you want to lecture me?

I was there during the Akili Smith, David Klingler, Gus Ferrote fiasco and saw them turn the corner when they signed Jon Kitna. Everyone of these guys played behind horrible lines coached by the same idiot who coaches the line today.

Was there watching Carl Pickens throw his shoulder pads in the stands after his last game in stripes.

I have paid my fucking dues punk and I want to see this team make it back to the Super Bowl! I missed the last trip due to personal reasons and I have been waiting almost twenty years to be immersed in the experience because I missed it last time and you want to lecture me? Blow me!

I been coming to these boards and posting for over twenty years. You want to lecture me. Long before anyone knew what a chat room and forums were I was rooting for this team and you want to lecture me? (much arguments of entitlement & rending of garments follows)

:huh:

:1violin:

It's an NFL football franchise, you weren't drafted to fight the fuckin' Huns there guy.  Nobody owes you anything.

(If you are in fact being held at gunpoint in a basement & are forced Clockwork Orange-style to watch the Bengals I apologize.  Otherwise sack up or change the damned channel.  It's a spectator sport.)

Archived