Let's Talk About Jeremy Hill

I barely post on these forums anymore but man I have been in a depressed state after that game and I have to vent today. Jeremy Hill is a player I have been supporting since he became a Bengal but what he did Saturday night will never be forgiven and should not be. All fucking year this guy has been mediocre and all it seems to me that he's worried about is just dancing and playing around when he gets in the end zone. He isn't even running over players like he is supposed to this year and 90% of his touchdowns this year are all from the 1yard line. He has been a non factor and our offense didn't click this year like I had hoped. Burfict makes an INCREDIBLE interception against the Stealers and we all celebrated assumming we will run out the clock and we will have our first playoff win. This fucking guy Hill gets the ball and fumbles that shit in that situation, I've never seen anything like it. People blaming burfict and pacman all they want but if hill holds on to that ball we would never have a conversation about the flags on defense and burfict would be the hero. I'm convinced this city is cursed and no other team loses like that man, there was too much on the fucking line man. I can't ever forgive and forget this loss and I'm not even looking forward to next year. The forums been fun but I can't invest any time watching this shit anymore. Thanks for reading lol I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, I never been so pissed in my life and this is the longest post I ever wrote 

Hill lost us the game, no doubt.

That said, the way he dealt with the disappointment speaks volumes about what we can hope from for him.  He took the responsiblity completely on his shoulders.  He didn't turn to social media and vent about this or that. 

We don't have a lot of fire on the offensive side of the ball, and the truth is Jeremy is that guy.  My hope is that this experience will help turn him into one of the NEW leaders we so desperately need on this team.

The old guard is bankrupt, and if they aren't cut they should just learn to step back and STFU. Their words are as empty as their play is ineffective when it counts.

I doubt you know the name Earnest Byner.

Oh yeh, fumbled on the Denver 1 yard line or something, with seconds remaining.  Cost the Browns the 1987 AFC Championship game.

Btw, if Hill can't stop fumbling then there's no hope.  Someone should have told him before the play "don't drop it, secure ball with BOTH hands".

That said, the way he dealt with the disappointment speaks volumes about what we can hope from for him.  He took the responsiblity completely on his shoulders.  He didn't turn to social media and vent about this or that.

Completely agree on this part. I think we will see a version of Hill next year that looks more like his rookie year in terms of production.

Completely agree on this part. I think we will see a version of Hill next year that looks more like his rookie year in terms of production.

Could have just lined up, tried to draw them offsides or at the least make them

burn their timeouts and taken a couple of knees and kicked the FG.  As conservative

as Marvin gets, I'm surprised they didn't do that anyways.  

This will burn in Hill's gut the entire offseason.  He'll bounce back and be the beast we

know he can be.  No way I'm using a draft pick on a RB with all of our FA's.  

Using a draft pick is dumb, he is still on his rookie deal, let him play and if he keeps fumbling, cut him, but right now, he has value.

Did Byner ever have another major fumble in his career? He probly leraned from it.

Thoughts on dumping Hill and trying to go after Marshawn Lynch?  Rawls will be the starter next season in Seattle and they will be looking to move Lynch this offseason.  Lynch is getting old and injury prone, but is still feared by defenses.  Hill can rebound, but that fumble will probably haunt me for awhile now.  I guess there is upside and he learns from his mistake?  

If not Lynch, let's go after Megatron and give Dalton another target!  We can always dream....

Thoughts on dumping Hill and trying to go after Marshawn Lynch?  Rawls will be the starter next season in Seattle and they will be looking to move Lynch this offseason.  Lynch is getting old and injury prone, but is still feared by defenses.  Hill can rebound, but that fumble will probably haunt me for awhile now.  I guess there is upside and he learns from his mistake?  

If not Lynch, let's go after Megatron and give Dalton another target!  We can always dream....

this is completely nonsensical

Gio went through the same thing last year.  In my opinion, he didn't look as quick this year.  Especially when he tried to go lateral.  I think if he loses some of his bulk and works on his lateral agility, he's a top dog again.  

Ezekiel is either 1A or 1B on my favorite prospects this year.  I know it won't happen, nor do I think those 3 could co-exist at running back, but I think he will be a really good running back very fast with his ability in all three phases of the game.

I barely post on these forums anymore but man I have been in a depressed state after that game and I have to vent today. Jeremy Hill is a player I have been supporting since he became a Bengal but what he did Saturday night will never be forgiven and should not be. All fucking year this guy has been mediocre and all it seems to me that he's worried about is just dancing and playing around when he gets in the end zone. He isn't even running over players like he is supposed to this year and 90% of his touchdowns this year are all from the 1yard line. He has been a non factor and our offense didn't click this year like I had hoped. Burfict makes an INCREDIBLE interception against the Stealers and we all celebrated assumming we will run out the clock and we will have our first playoff win. This fucking guy Hill gets the ball and fumbles that shit in that situation, I've never seen anything like it. People blaming burfict and pacman all they want but if hill holds on to that ball we would never have a conversation about the flags on defense and burfict would be the hero. I'm convinced this city is cursed and no other team loses like that man, there was too much on the fucking line man. I can't ever forgive and forget this loss and I'm not even looking forward to next year. The forums been fun but I can't invest any time watching this shit anymore. Thanks for reading lol I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, I never been so pissed in my life and this is the longest post I ever wrote 

Fuck Jeremy hill. That'll be his full name for me when ever he's mentioned. " fuck Jeremy hill "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeh, fumbled on the Denver 1 yard line or something, with seconds remaining.  Cost the Browns the 1987 AFC Championship game.

Btw, if Hill can't stop fumbling then there's no hope.  Someone should have told him before the play "don't drop it, secure ball with BOTH hands".

Ass wipe Lewis said at his call arrogantly. " I shouldn't have to tell him". What a douche

Ass wipe Lewis said at his call arrogantly. " I shouldn't have to tell him". What a douche

Shouldn't have to tell him! He's a young man in the most electric, contentious, fiercest battle of his life. He ran that ball like it was 4th and 6 and the Bengals needed a touchdown to win. Marvin the entirety of your job is to be the brains when these guys start losing theirs in the heat of the fight. 

Gio went through the same thing last year.  In my opinion, he didn't look as quick this year.  Especially when he tried to go lateral.  I think if he loses some of his bulk and works on his lateral agility, he's a top dog again.  

Ezekiel is either 1A or 1B on my favorite prospects this year.  I know it won't happen, nor do I think those 3 could co-exist at running back, but I think he will be a really good running back very fast with his ability in all three phases of the game.

Jeremy Hill didn't look as quick.   I don't think he was as comfortable with the change in offense.   I don't think he was as confident and I think he went through a few phases of missing the hole etc.

I think he can bounce back but he has to have a great attitude because he basically fucked everything up.

Instead of AJ Green being hailed as the hero and how Burfict can wreck an entire offense.   We are discussing personal fouls and Joey Fuckin Porter and it all leads back to not fumbling.  

Shouldn't have to tell him! He's a young man in the most electric, contentious, fiercest battle of his life. He ran that ball like it was 4th and 6 and the Bengals needed a touchdown to win. Marvin the entirety of your job is to be the brains when these guys start losing theirs in the heat of the fight. 

I don't find fault with Lewis for the Jeremy Hill fumble.   Bad play for him and Great play for the Stealers, period.    

I don't find fault with Lewis for the Jeremy Hill fumble.   Bad play for him and Great play for the Stealers, period.    

I think Jeremy was caught up in the heat of the moment. I think he wanted to run it down their throats, and get to that end zone during that possession. I don't blame him. They had basically just pulled off a miracle. They looked so bad that entire game until the Bernard hit woke them up. Everything had gone their way that 4th quarter. I literally had my finger on the send button for a text I was going to send to a friend about what an incredible victory this was, when the ball came out, and my heart imploded. I just find "I shouldn't have to tell him", an unacceptable response when a Coach is asked if he told his player to secure the ball above all else. How about a little accountability. "In hindsight I should have told him" at the least.

I feel you, I've never taken a loss this hard; I was only 7 when we lost in '88.  I've actually been trying to figure out why I take the game so seriously...it makes no rational since why I feel this bad.  I probably feel worse than a lot of the players.

Archived