Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Congratulations President Trump

Looks like it's over, everyone has called PA now.

And the House and Senate look to be in Republican control as well.

Donald, keep the promises.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Donald, keep the promises.

What promises are those, other than extending a failed border wall?  Just wondering what that means to you & what you expect.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

What promises are those, other than extending a failed border wall?  Just wondering what that means to you & what you expect.

Governing as a conservative and appointing judges from the list he said he would.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Build the wall, throw Clinton in jail, take care of the "Muslim Problem," get rid of Obamacare, and gut NAFTA and TPP. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Time to change the title of this forum to JESUS & THE DONALD.

The title would still remain J&D forum.   The same conversation with different names... 

Does this mean we can get rid of the third bathroom and stop vilifying North Carolina for standing up to Washington over an absurd law?

I'd like to believe this election was / is a message from the American people that we're tired of politics as usual. Van Jones was pretty quick to play the race card on CNN last night, calling the result a 'white-lash.' He's probably not entirely wrong. It might be some of both.

Oh heavens, not a 3rd bathroom! The horror!

As far as the "Muslim problem" should we start building the camps yet or will making them all wear little crescent moon badges calm the rabid xenophobia for now?

39 minutes ago, Enon Bengal said:

Does this mean we can get rid of the third bathroom and stop vilifying North Carolina for standing up to Washington over an absurd law?

I'd like to believe this election was / is a message from the American people that we're tired of politics as usual. Van Jones was pretty quick to play the race card on CNN last night, calling the result a 'white-lash.' He's probably not entirely wrong. It might be some of both.

Trump doesnt care where people use the bathroom. He is ok with that. 

1 hour ago, Enon Bengal said:

considering Hilary won the popular vote by 238,156 , does that mean the American people actually want a 3rd bathroom?  I really just want the stalls to have smaller gaps.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Fire Marvin Lewis.  And if he didn't make that promise, he should have.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Dow 700 points down ....the largest drop since 9/11

I hope you folks are happy

And has recovered quite nicely...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

And has recovered quite nicely...

It's up 256 after being down 750, that's still down.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/11/09/stocks-battle-back-dow-flirts-with-closing-high-after-stunning-trump-victory.html

The Dow Jones Industrial Average came within 49 points of a new record closing level on Wednesday, hours after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States and hours after financial markets had a brief panic attack which sent stocks spiraling. 

:popcorn:

• Upvote 2

I would expect markets to continue to wildly fluctuate.  You don't know what's going to come out of his mouth depending on how much cocaine he's done at the moment.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

considering Hilary won the popular vote by 238,156 , does that mean the American people actually want a 3rd bathroom?  I really just want the stalls to have smaller gaps.

NM

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

It's up 256 after being down 750, that's still down.

Wait...750 below zero then 256 above zero is still up, right?

30 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

NM

Checking the number again, it looks like its 302,340 votes.   My bad

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

No, I meant "never mind". Another example of the popular vote not really mattering in the end.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Wait...750 below zero then 256 above zero is still up, right?

It wasnt 750 below zero, there was a 750 point drop and only recovered 256 points.

9 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

No, I meant "never mind". Another example of the popular vote not really mattering in the end.

We are a representative republic not a democracy.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben said:

So if Trump had won the popular vote by 302,340 votes (counting multiple votes, dead people, etc.) but had 51 fewer electoral votes than the other candidate, would you be raising the same argument for him?  Or even bring it up?

• Upvote 3