Praise the Lord!

13 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Bingo.  The late/great Phil Hartman as Jim Bakker, and Jan Hooks as Tammy Faye.  Good stuff.

The skit was actually Dana Carvey's Church Lady (aka Church Chat) bit where the Bakker's joined him as special guests.  Watch below:

Church Chat Skit

I miss Phil Hartman.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Well, the two best teams from the NFC last season couldn't save that game.  I gave up on it before halftime.  I still hate TNF.

A 45 min delay and 30 minutes of utter garbage put me to sleep as well.  Did they break the record for penalties in a game?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

A 45 min delay and 30 minutes of utter garbage put me to sleep as well.  Did they break the record for penalties in a game?

Just curious, what's your earliest recollection of a delayed NFL or even college football game? I am in my mid-50s and a fan almost all of those years and I don't recall any games being delayed until recently. They even played through the fog bowl. 

Or maybe it never stormed on Sundays for 40 years.

8 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Just curious, what's your earliest recollection of a delayed NFL or even college football game? I am in my mid-50s and a fan almost all of those years and I don't recall any games being delayed until recently. They even played through the fog bowl. 

Power outage at a dome game.   Not sure when/where but was probably an Oilers game given where I grew up.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Nah this was well before then, though I do remember that as well.  Pretty sure that happened at a televised Rams home game once also.

Ahh. I think the superdome one was where some thought it was deliberate. Happened just after Beyonce performed at halftime I think.

6 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Ahh. I think the superdome one was where some thought it was deliberate. Happened just after Beyonce performed at halftime I think.

Yeah kind of funny considering the Superdome had a rep for being janky & falling apart even before it got smacked by a cat 5 hurricane

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

I remember as a kid watching a Monday Night game and it rained so hard the field flooded with a foot of water.  It looked like a waterfall flowing out of the stands.   They eventually postponed the game.   Or maybe I was just high.   

The penalties and pace of the game were for shit.

However, I think we are looking at a necessary evil. The league does seem utterly committed to changing the way the game is played, fundamentally, to protect players and their concussion-addled existence. It’s just going to take time for the players, coaches, and refs to get good at playing, teaching, and calling the game efficiently. 

On 9/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Hooky said:

Liability, baby!  'Murica.

23 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

The penalties and pace of the game were for shit.

However, I think we are looking at a necessary evil. The league does seem utterly committed to changing the way the game is played, fundamentally, to protect players and their concussion-addled existence. It’s just going to take time for the players, coaches, and refs to get good at playing, teaching, and calling the game efficiently. 

The Roughing The Passer penalties called during the game were so soft. I get they are trying to protect the players, specifically the QBs but those calls were ridiculous.

God damn I can't wait for tomorrow. I think the Bengals are going to rout the Colts. Just watching the locker room videos I've never seen this team as confident as they seem right now. Beers, wings, dips and Bengal football tomorrow. Finally!! WHO-DEY?!?!?

37 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

God damn I can't wait for tomorrow. I think the Bengals are going to rout the Colts. Just watching the locker room videos I've never seen this team as confident as they seem right now. Beers, wings, dips and Bengal football tomorrow. Finally!! WHO-DEY?!?!?

Skyline dip's ready to go.

Archived