Geno Atkins

Speaking of Atkins...Any wonder that the Bengals have no pass rush anymore?  Until this season the first thing every offense planned against was Geno Atkins when they were going to play the Bengals.  Automatic double team.  Atkins made guys like Hubbard and even Dunlap look better.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Speaking of Atkins...Any wonder that the Bengals have no pass rush anymore?  Until this season the first thing every offense planned against was Geno Atkins when they were going to play the Bengals.  Automatic double team.  Atkins made guys like Hubbard and even Dunlap look better.

A good edge rusher has the same effect, stretches the oline and opens up small gaps for interior pass rush and a blitzing LBs or CBs

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

A good edge rusher has the same effect, stretches the oline and opens up small gaps for interior pass rush and a blitzing LBs or CBs

There you go with that word "linebackers" again.

I think the Bengals have enough meat on the D line (including Margus), or will next year when Reader returns and Geno returns to form,  to move people

around  and open holes for the linebackers to fill and get after the passer.

Only we have zero linebackers on this team.

Prattfall regressed, Wilson is there once in awhile and Bynes is the new Kevin Minter.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

There you go with that word "linebackers" again.

I think the Bengals have enough meat on the D line (including Margus), or will next year when Reader returns and Geno returns to form,  to move people

around  and open holes for the linebackers to fill and get after the passer.

Only we have zero linebackers on this team.

Prattfall regressed, Wilson is there once in awhile and Bynes is the new Kevin Minter.

I mean linebacker was on my wish list Santa!

47 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not really.  The point is that now the other players on the DL do not have the luxury of an extra OL being occupied by Geno Atkins. 

Because he is no longer the Bengals’ best pass rusher? :265:

15 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Not really.  The point is that now the other players on the DL do not have the luxury of an extra OL being occupied by Geno Atkins. 

Which has killed poor Carl Lawsons stats. If they had anyone at all that could get pressure up the middle preventing the QB from moving up in the pocket, Lawson would be sitting up near the top of the league in sacks right now. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Which has killed poor Carl Lawsons stats. If they had anyone at all that could get pressure up the middle preventing the QB from moving up in the pocket, Lawson would be sitting up near the top of the league in sacks right now. 

Has Lawson been double teamed?  I've seen little of the Bengals this season.  When I watched he seemed to be 1 on 1 with the tackle. 

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Has Lawson been double teamed?  I've seen little of the Bengals this season.  When I watched he seemed to be 1 on 1 with the tackle. 

Probably not consistently, I haven’t paid that much attention. He’s top 3 in the NFL in QB hits though and top 20 in every other measurable stat for a DE. He’s having a great year, he just doesn’t have the sacks to back it up because the QB always has an easy escape route up the middle. Btw, Atkins played a whopping 7 snaps yesterday. Is there any wonder why there’s never any pressure up the middle? 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Probably not consistently, I haven’t paid that much attention. He’s top 3 in the NFL in QB hits though and top 20 in every other measurable stat for a DE. He’s having a great year, he just doesn’t have the sacks to back it up because the QB always has an easy escape route up the middle. Btw, Atkins played a whopping 7 snaps yesterday. Is there any wonder why there’s never any pressure up the middle? 

Yes Lawson has like 22 hits so fsr which is top 5 or 6..

Ill show you some stats 5hat are mind blowing..

TJ Watts 33 hits (1st) 11 sacks 1st or 2nd..

23 TFL...1st..

If hes not the the best who is?

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes Lawson has like 22 hits so fsr which is top 5 or 6..

Ill show you some stats 5hat are mind blowing..

TJ Watts 33 hits (1st) 11 sacks 1st or 2nd..

23 TFL...1st..

If hes not the the best who is?

TJ Watt probably is the best right now but that doesn’t take anything away from the season Lawson is having. Im sure he’d kill to be surrounded by as much talent up front as Watt has around him. When the QB can’t step up in the pocket because of the pressure in his face he’s going to have big problems getting away from the pass rush coming from the outside. It all goes hand-in-hand. Right now it’s literally just Carl Lawson and no one else for this DL. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

TJ Watt probably is the best right now but that doesn’t take anything away from the season Lawson is having. Im sure he’d kill to be surrounded by as much talent up front as Watt has around him. When the QB can’t step up in the pocket because of the pressure in his face he’s going to have big problems getting away from the pass rush coming from the outside. It all goes hand-in-hand. Right now it’s literally just Carl Lawson and no one else for this DL. 

Agree..

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The NFL record for the most sacks in one game by a team is 12. I truly believe the Stealers could break this record on Monday Night.

Individual record for sacks in a game was 7 by Derrick Thomas..

Hes also tied for 2nd with 6...

I believe Watt has a chance at it against this oline...

Hes that good and theyre that bad..

Perfect formula..

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Individual record for sacks in a game was 7 by Derrick Thomas..

Hes also tied for 2nd with 6...

I believe Watt has a chance at it against this oline...

Hes that good and theyre that bad..

Perfect formula..

then why didn't he do it the first time he faced them?

Archived