Miami Hairy Blowholes Game Day Thread

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well that's the point, I think we have different ideas of what "build around" means.  From the perspective of a coach of a football team you build around leaders who do things the right way and have success because of it.  If you're a fan or the media you build hype around superstars.  I tend to think in terms of the former.

Wirth that said, Hubbard is a bad run defender who plays with poor discipline. He's good at getting his stats, not so good in doing his job. The Phins are making him look good today since they don't have much working in the run game. 

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well that's the point, I think we have different ideas of what "build around" means.  From the perspective of a coach of a football team you build around leaders who do things the right way and have success because of it.  If you're a fan or the media you build hype around superstars.  I tend to think in terms of the former.

Ok...coach

Teams build defenses around players like Mack or Miller, guys who can consistently affect the QB...Hubbard is good but he's not that guy.

Just now, Jupiter Fan said:

Can Fatboy ever, ever perform under the slightest of pressure? Bring on Siebert and see what he's got.

Next year I wish the Bengals would take a shot at a kicker in the 5th round, then not do something really stupid like declare the incumbent the winner because of a few meaningless preseason kicks.

Just now, Jupiter Fan said:

Can Fatboy ever, ever perform under the slightest of pressure? Bring on Siebert and see what he's got.

It's weird that the Bengals can't seem to understand you can't keep a kicker who might make most of kicks but can't make the ones that really matter (ever).

I had to break down, this last series, Zac like an idiot does a trick play when not needed as they were driving, then the typical run up the middle going nowhere play, then Zac the idiot calls TO on what looks like a possible first down pass, then the Refs do not call a late hit out of bounds on Boyd or what is supposed to be called a defenseless WR, then Howard punches first and Boyd slaps the helmet of another player and the refs call unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Boyd who did not hit first and then both ejected and then Fat Randy does what he does best and misses FGs and still has a job, left too much time on clock because of idiot play calling and Miami goes down and kicks FG because of BS penalty called.  Zac is a moron, The End! 

3 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I had to break down, this last series, Zac like an idiot does a trick play when not needed as they were driving, then the typical run up the middle going nowhere play, then Zac the idiot calls TO on what looks like a possible first down pass, then the Refs do not call a late hit out of bounds on Boyd or what is supposed to be called a defenseless WR, then Howard punches first and Boyd slaps the helmet of another player and the refs call unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Boyd who did not hit first and then both ejected and then Fat Randy does what he does best and misses FGs and still has a job, left too much time on clock because of idiot play calling and Miami goes down and kicks FG because of BS penalty called.  Zac is a moron, The End! 

See the source image

2 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

It's weird that the Bengals can't seem to understand you can't keep a kicker who might make most of kicks but can't make the ones that really matter (ever).

Is winning the goal or putting up a good show?

If they settle for mediocrity throughout the roster why stop at the kicker position? 

5 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

And he tried to run the very same quick slant after the TO, which the defender was all over.

7 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

That trick play was just dumb...bad design and worse execution.  With the lead and momentum why even call that...did they think Allen was going to run it up sidelines for a TD?

Bad clock management and play calling to end the half, otherwise the Bengals played good.

Archived