Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Nothing to dislike about Chase ither than his height but like so many tough receivers of his mode it only makes them play harder and better..

 

He’s the same height Chad Johnson was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the thing...Jonah Williams is going absolutely nowhere, so if they sign 2 starters in FA up front where is the need for a top 5 OL?   Now if they do absolutely nothing in the off-season to

I'll do you one better where we still get Chase.   1. OL - Thuney, Alex Leatherwood in the 2nd round to play RT. Resign Quinton Spain 2. WR - Jamar Chase with the 1st pick 3. You c

Good grief. No one rational thinks they are gonna add four offensive linemen.    But they can add two in FA and another in round 2 or 3 and still draft chase or pitts or waddle if Sewell is gon

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If we actually address the OL in FA, I can see the old tree sloth using his veto to select a WR at #5

 

Honestly that's how it should work anyhow. There are 4 game changing pass catchers in this draft and they should absolutely put themselves in a position to grab one of them. You do that buy addressing your needs in FA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am really confused about the need for a 3rd stud pass catcher? Do teams have 3 pass catchers that are this good? Boyd and Hopkins put us pretty high already. 

 Neither of those guys are a true #1 elite receiver like an AJ Green. Both would benefit from a healthy #1 receiver on board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am really confused about the need for a 3rd stud pass catcher? Do teams have 3 pass catchers that are this good? Boyd and Hopkins put us pretty high already. 

 

Why? When the last time this Offense was that good, we had 3 stud WRs in Chad, TJ, and Henry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Why? When the last time this Offense was that good, we had 3 stud WRs in Chad, TJ, and Henry.

True.

 

And it just so happens the top guys in the draft this year are QB's and WR's. If there was a stud DE or DT we would look that way as well. I am still hoping for a trade down if we dont 'need' Sewell - given our light scouting dept more picks would be better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason said:

He’s the same height Chad Johnson was. 

 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

He’s the same height Chad Johnson was. 

Theres word that Chase may 6'0 at 208 lbs...

Im not knocking him..hes fantastic..

I think of DeAndre Hopkins in him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am really confused about the need for a 3rd stud pass catcher? Do teams have 3 pass catchers that are this good? Boyd and Hopkins put us pretty high already. 

 

Boyd and Higgins are good but they're not game changers like AJ Green was. That dynamic is going to need to be replaced in order for Boyd and Higgins to really thrive, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, membengal said:

More fuel to the "at least two QBs going in top 4 fire...":

 

 

I don't think 2 QBs has ever been in doubt, except which 2 go first.  I still think 3 go in the top 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think 2 QBs has ever been in doubt, except which 2 go first.  I still think 3 go in the top 5.

it's always in doubt until it isn't. Kiper has been out there calling this the weakest QB class in half a decade and that Daniel Jones would be easily #2 QB in this class. To the extent multiple teams have Wilson that high, that is good and I am glad for the confirmation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

This isnt how NFL offenses are shaped. And that's not the last time the offense was good. 

 

I really don't think there is any "shape" to any specific team that carries throughout the league, each team wins based of different strengths. I'll let you look up the stats, but were any of the Dalton led teams ranked above any of the Palmer led teams in total offense or passing offense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

This isnt how NFL offenses are shaped. And that's not the last time the offense was good. 

Of course you want your QB to have 3 options or more..

It seems an option in vogue now is TE...

1. Speedy wideout (thats good!).

2. Slot

3. TE

4..2nd Wideout

Thats alot if options without counting the RB...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think Higgins very well could be. 

 

He's just not on the same level as Chase/Waddle/Pitts/Smith.

I know everyone wants to fix the OL but I don't understand why we can't have both?  

Fix the OL before the draft and then get Burrow a huge weapon in the passing game....why does it have to be one or the other?

Likely any OL you pick at 5 is going to be lower rated than whatever WR is available when you get on the clock, and there's not a pass rusher even in the conversation with those WR's/Pitts...so why would you pick a lesser player? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spicoli said:

 

He's just not on the same level as Chase/Waddle/Pitts/Smith.

I know everyone wants to fix the OL but I don't understand why we can't have both?  

Fix the OL before the draft and then get Burrow a huge weapon in the passing game....why does it have to be one or the other?

Likely any OL you pick at 5 is going to be lower rated than whatever WR is available when you get on the clock, and there's not a pass rusher even in the conversation with those WR's/Pitts...so why would you pick a lesser player? 

 

This. We can do both. Easily. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, membengal said:

This. We can do both. Easily. 

We can't add 4 lineman and a stud pass catcher. 

 

The difference in impact a first round OL vs a first round pass catcher makes for this team is monumental. It would be like buying a spoiler for your car when you don't have tires. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We can't add 4 lineman and a stud pass catcher. 

 

The difference in impact a first round OL vs a first round pass catcher makes for this team is monumental. It would be like buying a spoiler for your car when you don't have tires. 

Offensive line allways comes first..

Pass rushing Dlinemen are next..

Isnt hard to understand..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We can't add 4 lineman and a stud pass catcher. 

 

The difference in impact a first round OL vs a first round pass catcher makes for this team is monumental. It would be like buying a spoiler for your car when you don't have tires. 

Good grief. No one rational thinks they are gonna add four offensive linemen. 
 

But they can add two in FA and another in round 2 or 3 and still draft chase or pitts or waddle if Sewell is gone.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, membengal said:

Good grief. No one rational thinks they are gonna add four offensive linemen. 
 

But they can add two in FA and another in round 2 or 3 and still draft chase or pitts or waddle if Sewell is gone.

 

100% this ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...