Chargers Week

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I did not know that about the Boomer, appreciate the insight. 

JB certainly is the down to earth type (with a lot of fire in the belly)

Boomer acted like a wealthy, entitled New Yorker.

Joe Burrow acts like a coach's son from Athens, Ohio.

Greg Cook acted like a gifted artist from Chillicothe O and UC who was also a very talented

quarterback whose career ended far too soon.  Artists are different sorts of people, mentally.

Rumor has it that he was boinking one of his

O linemen's wives/girlfriends and the O linemen stepped aside to give Jim Lynch a free shot.

Never boink one of your O linemen's sig others... ask Carson Palmer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chargers-defense-missing-finer-points-022816902.html

Chargers' defense is missing finer points and allowing a lot of them

**The Chargers have been the NFL’s worst run defense for most of the season and currently sit at No. 31 on defending third down. Against the Broncos, they permitted eight of 11 third downs to be converted.

** inability to stop the opposition on the ground, something that could be a significant factor Sunday, when the Chargers play at Cincinnati. 

**The other glaring problem has been on third down, where the Chargers are permitting a conversion rate of nearly 49%

Trap game???

38 minutes ago, membengal said:

I don't see how this would constitute a trap game. Everyone knows how good the Chargers are. 

It would be more about the Bengals reading their own press.  Same kind of thing that happens here.  After a few good weeks against lesser DLs some feel the OL is fixed or good.  Experience teaches you not to get too high or too low. Young guys can struggle with that. 

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

Dear Kelsey,

Please let your cameraman know that it is okay to use the “zoom” feature.

Cricket

[Assumes you have a cameraman.  If not, I encourage you to explore the features of your phone’s camera…especially “zoom”.]

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

It would be more about the Bengals reading their own press.  Same kind of thing that happens here.  After a few good weeks against lesser DLs some feel the OL is fixed or good.  Experience teaches you not to get too high or too low. Young guys can struggle with that. 

Maybe they haven't played great dlines lately but Williams and Reiff have gone against some nasty DEs in that timeframe and held their own against them.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So wait....a Pittspuke DL anchored by Cam Heyward and TJ Twat is considered to be in the "lesser DL" category now?

Yep.  See rushing stats.  Watt is a hell of a pass rusher, but not the same against the run. 

With this is mind I would like to give some more praise to Sam Hubbard.  He may not get the recognition that Hendrickson will for sacks, but Hubbard gets his share and is a stud against the run.  The Bengals best DE and well worth the money.

Archived