Chargers Week

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I expect that that will happen. 

Watching this unfold will speak a lot about whether we are back to the hamster on a wheel or not. In my mind, you sign Reiff or try to for another two years. Cartman is going nowhere for 3 more years so he can develop and if he ever got better than Reiff that would be the best of worlds. 

34 minutes ago, membengal said:

Let's start with the way the team's quarterback carries himself. Nothing against Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton, but there hasn't been a Bengals quarterback who carries himself with the amount of swagger that Joe Burrow does since Boomer Esiason was winning the MVP award back in 1988.

This. I'm not on that hate Carson Palmer train, I get why he left, but Kitna and Dalton we're not talented enough, and Carson with all the talent he had just did not have that kind of moxie it takes to change the culture. Joe is doing that. It's why I believe there is just something different about this team, and why I believe they can win in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Let's start with the way the team's quarterback carries himself. Nothing against Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton, but there hasn't been a Bengals quarterback who carries himself with the amount of swagger that Joe Burrow does since Boomer Esiason was winning the MVP award back in 1988.

I wonder how he would compare to Greg Cook?

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

And this is what my hubby doesn't get on why I like this guy so much over Herbert. He keeps asking me if I would rather have  Herbert and I keep telling him no. There's more to being a great QB than just physical talent. Burrow has IT. 

You should be asking him if he would rather have Herbert. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

If its me I re-sign Reiff for two more years, and then, depending on how they feel about D'Ante Smith, draft someone to develop or just stick with Smith. I would leave Carman at G backing up and pushing to play behind a hopefully re-signed Spain and Adeniji.

Good scenario..

Reiff and Adenijji work well as a Tandem. ..

Dont mess with either sides of the line.

Big Q and Williams are a terrific duo as well..

Now lets upgrade ay center..

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This. I'm not on that hate Carson Palmer train, I get why he left, but Kitna and Dalton we're not talented enough, and Carson with all the talent he had just did not have that kind of moxie it takes to change the culture. Joe is doing that. It's why I believe there is just something different about this team, and why I believe they can win in the playoffs.

I would say from a leadership and competitiveness aspect, JB reminds me of Esiason. 

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would say from a leadership and competitiveness aspect, JB reminds me of Esiason. 

They're both leaders but their style is completely different. Esiason was brazen and loud. He even sat in front of a bus during the strike. He was New York. Burrow is midwest

From Chargers Wire

The Bengals are hungry, riding a two-game win streak and only one game out from first place in the AFC North, while the Chargers are simply looking to find consistency with their game. Los Angeles found themselves struggling against the run again, and Joe Mixon poses a threat. On the other hand, Justin Herbert has not had his way against disguised coverages and Cincinnati is yet another a team that has had plenty of success with it.

Prediction: Loss (6-6)

Hope they're right.

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

They're both leaders but their style is completely different. Esiason was brazen and loud. He even sat in front of a bus during the strike. He was New York. Burrow is midwest

This.  Esiason didn't have the best rep among players not on the Bengals.  Ran his mouth plenty in college and pros.  Hard to find anyone that doesn't respect Burrow.

38 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  Esiason didn't have the best rep among players not on the Bengals.  Ran his mouth plenty in college and pros.  Hard to find anyone that doesn't respect Burrow.

Yep...

My thought is that he carries himself 

like a poised confident man that influences his teammates to play all-out on every play.....Every Play...

They admire respect and would bust their asses off to help him and the team succeed...

Reminds me of a young QB New England had for many years..

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I did not know that about the Boomer, appreciate the insight. 

JB certainly is the down to earth type (with a lot of fire in the belly)

41 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I did not know that about the Boomer, appreciate the insight. 

JB certainly is the down to earth type (with a lot of fire in the belly)

Just to be clear he wasn’t hated or anything. Just was pretty brash and rubbed some the wrong way.  

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Just to be clear he wasn’t hated or anything. Just was pretty brash and rubbed some the wrong way.  

And Sam was the perfect counterweight to him. I was at a TC practice in Wilmington in ‘86. Norman was mouthing it up with the other QB’s…saying something about being like (old Giants QB) Y.A. Tittle. 

Sam comes jostling over, glares at Norman, and screams “You don’t know shit about Y.A. Tittle” and drops to his knees like that classic photo 

image.thumb.jpeg.6bbbdce5a0ae8c67acf20cae254fae0a.jpeg

Everybody collapses in laughter. Norman looked sheepish as hell, but also couldn’t help but chuckle. 

6 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

You should be asking him if he would rather have Herbert. 

I don’t have to ask him. He would rather have Herbert. He calls Burrow the “backup QB”. Of course, he’s stuck with that guy from the Progressive commercials in Cleveland.

Archived