Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Griever said:

 

When you consider how much airtime Kipper gets to basically get 7 picks out of 32 right it is laughable.  
 

The guy is NOT an insider and offers almost no insight to what clubs are actually thinking.  
 

Guys like Ian Rappaport must hate Kipper. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, SF2 said:

When you consider how much airtime Kipper gets to basically get 7 picks out of 32 right it is laughable.  
 

The guy is NOT an insider and offers almost no insight to what clubs are actually thinking.  
 

Guys like Ian Rappaport must hate Kipper. 

Kiper is skating on his reputation now..

He's as vanilla as it gets..

Worthless mocks by him now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

LOL Grieverbot.  Good one. 

:ninja:?

Admittedly, I don't watch much college football at all so I rely on a lot of the information posters put here. It helps me immensely because I can zero-in on guys that are mentioned and embed related tweets, videos, etc.

 

I'm really looking forward to the draft and watching with everyone on the board.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Griever said:

Admittedly, I don't watch much college football at all so I rely on a lot of the information posters put here. It helps me immensely because I can zero-in on guys that are mentioned and embed related tweets, videos, etc.

 

I'm really looking forward to the draft and watching with everyone on the board.

Me, too, exactly.  I watch and follow the Bengals and noting else.  My Bengals related info comes from here.  Right now with all the draft coverage and all the guys brought up, I feel like a little kid in the toy department before Christmas... so many shiny new toys and I can only get one.  Which one will I choose?

And I get to wake up the morning after the first round of the draft and open my (our) package here.  Unless they trade down then another day of angst. 

Keep the ball rolling.  I love it. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

To keep in mind for trades

 

276052666-2477227789079905-5306848340340080673-n

Saints will take less than "88 points" to move to #31 as there is a lot more interest in moving down to the end of the 1st than up to the middle of the 1st.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Me, too, exactly.  I watch and follow the Bengals and noting else.  My Bengals related info comes from here.  Right now with all the draft coverage and all the guys brought up, I feel like a little kid in the toy department before Christmas... so many shiny new toys and I can only get one.  Which one will I choose?

And I get to wake up the morning after the first round of the draft and open my (our) package here.  Unless they trade down then another day of angst. 

Keep the ball rolling.  I love it. 

When I was a kid (mid-60's), my Mom would give us a $20 budget for Christmas and let us look through the Alden's catalog.  We could order whatever we wanted, but shipping charges must be included (which could be looked up in the catalog), and we couldn't go over budget.  So, the dilemna was always quality vs quantity.  Do I spend the whole budget on one big Christmas present or do I get four good ones, or a lot of gifts of low cost.

 

It's the same here for the Bengals.  They have a combined budget of draft picks in the 1st through the 7th Rds.  Do they go volume and take 8 presents, or do they combine them to get fewer, but better quality, or more and less quality.  I did it differently different years.  There was one year when I used all of it on one gift (a shooting gallery, and then that gift was a month late in the mail, so that sucked, and I to this day feel ashamed for asking Mom too often, "do you have any news on when it arrives").

 

Since the Bengals pretty much have most of what they want, and really don't have pressing needs, they have the luxury to go quality and not quantity.  Their biggest concern is future costs of hefty contracts, which they don't have to address this year.  They can still obtain a middle-of-the-pack 1st Round pick that can be resigned down the road.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

When I was a kid (mid-60's), my Mom would give us a $20 budget for Christmas and let us look through the Alden's catalog.  We could order whatever we wanted, but shipping charges must be included (which could be looked up in the catalog), and we couldn't go over budget.  So, the dilemna was always quality vs quantity.  Do I spend the whole budget on one big Christmas present or do I get four good ones, or a lot of gifts of low cost.

 

It's the same here for the Bengals.  They have a combined budget of draft picks in the 1st through the 7th Rds.  Do they go volume and take 8 presents, or do they combine them to get fewer, but better quality, or more and less quality.  I did it differently different years.  There was one year when I used all of it on one gift (a shooting gallery, and then that gift was a month late in the mail, so that sucked, and I to this day feel ashamed for asking Mom too often, "do you have any news on when it arrives").

 

Since the Bengals pretty much have most of what they want, and really don't have pressing needs, they have the luxury to go quality and not quantity.  Their biggest concern is future costs of hefty contracts, which they don't have to address this year.  They can still obtain a middle-of-the-pack 1st Round pick that can be resigned down the road.

Good story my friend..

I usually got/wanted  clothes

Analogy fits well too.

 

So who's the middle 1st rounder we talking about to make a splash?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, Kingspoint said:

https://www.bengals.com/news/after-m...come-nfl-draft


"Sarkisian's individual visits with combine prospects started the night before at dinner with a scout, the coordinator and position coach. Then he would meet the prospect the next morning on the PBS plaza at 7 a.m. so he could get them into quick sit-downs with Taylor, Tobin, Potts and Bengals president Mike Brown before the 8 a.m. draft meeting.

Sarkisian would come up with a couple of bullet points for Brown to peruse and he knew the owner would do the rest. "Mr. Brown can make so many different connection points," Sarkisian says. "He's able to make those guys feel a lot more comfortable very quickly. He might have known a guy that went to his high school or nearby or some other connection. I don't know how many owners these guys meet, but he can put them at ease."

On Wednesday, the meets and greets were over."


Per walterfootball's insights, these connections were made between the Bengals and prospects:

Tony Adams, Cornerback, Illinois (PRI)
David Anenih^, Cornerback, Fresno State (PRI, VIR)
Joey Blount, Safety, Virginia (PRI)
Andrew Booth Jr., Cornerback, Clemson (PRI)
Treylon Burks, Wide Receiver, Arkansas (COM)
Micheal Clemons, Defensive End, Texas A&M (PRI)
Zyon Gilbert, Cornerback, Florida Atlantic (PRI)
Logan Hall, Defensive End, Houston (PRI)
Eric Johnson, Defensive Tackle, Missouri State (PRI)
Jack Jones, Cornerback, Arizona State (PRI)
George Karlaftis, Defensive End, Purdue (COM)
Isaiah Likely, Tight End, Coastal Carolina (COM)
Vederian Lowe, Offensive Tackle, Illinois (COM)
DeAngelo Malone, Defensive End, Western Kentucky (WOR)
Smoke Monday, Safety, Auburn (VIR)
Alec Pierce, Wide Receiver, Cincinnati (LOC)
Drew Plitt, Quarterback, Ball State (WOR)
Jaquari Roberson, Wide Receiver, Wake Forest (PRI)
Jamaree Salyer, Offensive Guard, Georgia (WOR)
Alontae Taylor, Cornerback, Tennessee (PRI)
Ja'Sir Taylor^, Cornerback, Wake Forest (PRI, WOR)
Cam Taylor-Britt, Cornerback, Nebraska (PRI)
Isaiah Thomas, Defensive End, Oklahoma (VIR)
Khalan Tolson, Inside Linebacker, Illinois (WOR)
Samori Toure, Wide Receiver, Nebraska (PRI)
Isaiah Weston, Wide Receiver, Northern Iowa (VIR)
Rachaad White, Running Back, Arizona State (VIR)
Malik Willis, Quarterback, Liberty (COM)
Perrion Winfrey, Defensive Tackle, Oklahoma (PRI)


The data was acquired via Charlie Campbell (@draftcampbell) and other media sources.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
VIR - Virtual Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2022 Senior Bowl or the 2022 East-West Shrine Game

On another site i saw this:

 

UT-Chattanooga OL Cole Strange had a private meeting and a workout with the Bengals. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Good story my friend..

I usually got/wanted  clothes

Analogy fits well too.

 

So who's the middle 1st rounder we talking about to make a splash?

That year where I used the whole budget on one gift and then it was a month late with me wondering when it will arrived was similar to some of our high draft picks that got injured early or never suited up at all, and we were all left asking, "anyone know when our 1st Rd pick will arrive".

49 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-chart-that-guides-nfl-draft-trades-has-a-glaring-flaw-it-isnt-very-good-134240503.html

 

This article explains deeply what those "trade charts" aren't very predictive anymore.  Well, it doesn't exactly explain why they are not predictive, but more that the Johnson chart is as flawed today as it was when it was invented.  Here's the most important part:

 

The analytics community has consistently urged teams to accept the draft’s uncertainty and sacrifice quality picks for quantity. “It's proven that no team can consistently outperform the expectations of their draft slot,” says Brad Spielberger, a PFF analyst who co-wrote a book on the draft. “You want to have as many dart throws as possible.”

Baltimore Ravens GM Eric DeCosta recently summarized the philosophy: “Teams should always trade back and acquire picks, and never trade up. You should always accumulate, because the draft is basically a luck-driven process,” he told former Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff. “If you have 10 or 12 draft picks in any given year, even if you suck at drafting, you’re probably gonna hit on five or six picks.”

 

NFL teams, however, often haven’t listened. Rich Hill, a writer at Pats Pulpit, analyzed five years of trades after the 2011 implementation of the rookie wage scale, and found they closely mirrored the original Cowboys chart. There are hints that behavior has begun to shift, slightly, slowly, but precedent still pulls GMs back to the 80s.

The Chart, Spielberger says, “remains the controller of the marketplace.”

 

 

So, when Zac Taylor says that he's not involved in trades, which is the job of Tobin and Mike Brown because of their "experience" factor, that "experience factor" is a major negative as far as producing results.  It takes new minds to make the decisions regarding the trading of draft picks, except for Bill Belichick, of course, who is in a class by himself for understanding the true value of picks that nobody else understands who hasn't worked for him.  (his trade earlier today was with a former employee).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going through TEs

 

I find it hard to believe which one of these guys is known for being an uber athlete and which one is known for not being athletic. TE is supposed to be a position where only uber athletes make it.  

 

Their RAS scores don't match my eyes

https://Stealersdepot.com/2022/04/2022-draft-tight-end-prospects-relative-athletic-scores-ras/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Good story my friend..

I usually got/wanted  clothes

Analogy fits well too.

 

So who's the middle 1st rounder we talking about to make a splash?

Booth, Jr.  Sorry I didn't respond to that in the earlier post.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...