Republicans

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I wont defend that at all. The corporations have been using that to buy back their stock and artificially inflate it's worth.

In turn you have these guys that only seem to care about their 401K and not about a healthy democracy (looking at you Gary) that seem to be a-ok with a fascist police state that is propped up to ensure the masses don't retaliate. 

All of this has been entirely predictable, I have argued this was the end game for some years. @Homer_Rice seems to think it's going to end in war.

War between who exactly? 

IF so I have to wonder if the banks buying up every available house will be the tipping point.  Home ownership is something most people have come to expect at some point in their lives.

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

War between who exactly? 

IF so I have to wonder if the banks buying up every available house will be the tipping point.  Home ownership is something most people have come to expect at some point in their lives.

I had always thought it was a proxy war between us and China until Jan 6. 

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Therefore I think maybe he's appealing to a bunch of racist shitheels and the "economy" stuff is just a way of justifying being a racist shitheel.  If it wasn't jobs it'd be drugs or something else.

Part of the whole Mexican prejudice does have to do with drugs, given Vance’s family history with drug addiction, which was the basis for “Hillbilly Elegy”. (Which I have not read, nor have any desire to read.)

On 5/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, Shebengal said:

Part of the whole Mexican prejudice does have to do with drugs, given Vance’s family history with drug addiction, which was the basis for “Hillbilly Elegy”. (Which I have not read, nor have any desire to read.)

Yeah it's kind of funny for someone from the so-called party of "personal responsibility."

I don't think a Mexican drug cartel forced them to start crushing up and snorting prescription pills at gunpoint but it's a hell of a lot easier to sell them as the villain instead of the pharmaceutical companies that are probably donating to his campaign.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, Jamie_B said:

Yeah that's a thing too.

Ukrainians are mostly white Europeans though so it's totally cool and strangely enough, suddenly everyone has plenty of room for refugees.