Jump to content

Ring of Honor Legends Storytelling Event


Recommended Posts

Just got this via email:

 

Hi Amish,

 

As a valued Season Ticket Member we couldn’t be more excited to bring back our Ring of Honor Legends Storytelling event! Dan Hoard will host as Willie Anderson and Isaac Curtis are joined by some of their former teammates to reminisce on their amazing careers. Each ticket includes dinner by the bite and two (2) drink tickets. Tickets are LIMITED and only available while supplies last.


What:   Legends Storytelling Event with Willie Anderson and Isaac Curtis

 

When:  Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 from 6:30pm – 9:00pm

 

Where:  Paycor Stadium - East Club Lounge, Enter Club East by Gate D

 

Cost: Tickets are $60 each. Tickets include dinner by the bite and two drink tickets

 

Parking: $5 in surrounding lots

 

 

Sounds cool.... but wtf does "dinner by the bite" mean?  I'm picturing a cafeteria-style setup where each entree, side, roll, desert, plate, bowl, cup is individually priced.... or worse, someone counting the # of actual physical bites of food I consume and charges me for every one of them.  Lol 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 8:37 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

Just got this via email:

 

Hi Amish,

 

As a valued Season Ticket Member we couldn’t be more excited to bring back our Ring of Honor Legends Storytelling event! Dan Hoard will host as Willie Anderson and Isaac Curtis are joined by some of their former teammates to reminisce on their amazing careers. Each ticket includes dinner by the bite and two (2) drink tickets. Tickets are LIMITED and only available while supplies last.


What:   Legends Storytelling Event with Willie Anderson and Isaac Curtis

 

When:  Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 from 6:30pm – 9:00pm

 

Where:  Paycor Stadium - East Club Lounge, Enter Club East by Gate D

 

Cost: Tickets are $60 each. Tickets include dinner by the bite and two drink tickets

 

Parking: $5 in surrounding lots

 

 

Sounds cool.... but wtf does "dinner by the bite" mean?  I'm picturing a cafeteria-style setup where each entree, side, roll, desert, plate, bowl, cup is individually priced.... or worse, someone counting the $ of actual physical bites of food I consume and charges me for every one of them.  Lol 

 

i had to look it up, its a formerly trendy dinner menu of fancy apps basically, here is a sample menu from an old event in cincy, a catering place called the Delish Dish did this event menu. so like maybe a taco bar thing and apps, so make your own meal but we arent serving you. 

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol.  Thanks for doing the research.  Basically, they'll put a bunch of finger foods out on steam trays and you just grab a plate and get what you want.  I wonder why they felt the need to invent a phrase when there are already much more clearly-defined phrases to describe the food service.   Glad to know it's not actually "by the bite" with every paying guest being shadowed by a bean counter, tallying how many bites of food they consumed and billing them proportionally, although the preponderance of their menu dedicated to vegemetarian items give me pause - not too many healthy Amish who don't eat lots of meat. 

 

Chicken Girl.jpg

 

And chicken.

 

Anyway - more interested in the Willy/Isaac portion of the evening than the food service scheme.  That's Wednesday night before Thursday's Fins game - if I'm driving to Cincy for TNF anyway, I may go a day early and do this...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Lol.  Thanks for doing the research.  Basically, they'll put a bunch of finger foods out on steam trays and you just grab a plate and get what you want.  I wonder why they felt the need to invent a phrase when there are already much more clearly-defined phrases to describe the food service.   Glad to know it's not actually "by the bite" with every paying guest being shadowed by a bean counter, tallying how many bites of food they consumed and billing them proportionally, although the preponderance of their menu dedicated to vegemetarian items give me pause - not too many healthy Amish who don't eat lots of meat. 

 

Chicken Girl.jpg

 

And chicken.

 

Anyway - more interested in the Willy/Isaac portion of the evening than the food service scheme.  That's Wednesday night before Thursday's Fins game - if I'm driving to Cincy for TNF anyway, I may go a day early and do this...

 

 

 

yea i wanted to go last year, my kid disagreed, so we didnt go, it seems like the same series of events will take place this year.

 

i forget who but someone i knew went last year and said it was fun listening to them tell stories and stuff.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol..... I just talked myself into going - it'll be a LOT easier to get to the game on time Thursday if I'm already in town that morning than to try to time my cross-country drive, plan for time at the West Cincy Supercharger, check in to the hotel, then deal with I-75 rush hour PLUS game traffic downtown... all on Thursday evening.

 

Of course, just as I convinced myself and defensively booked my hotel for Wednesday night, my +1 bailed.  Haven't bought tickets yet, I can still cancel out....

 

You local this week, Go?  Wanna go with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

Lol..... I just talked myself into going - it'll be a LOT easier to get to the game on time Thursday if I'm already in town that morning than to try to time my cross-country drive, plan for time at the West Cincy Supercharger, check in to the hotel, then deal with I-75 rush hour PLUS game traffic downtown... all on Thursday evening.

 

Of course, just as I convinced myself and defensively booked my hotel for Wednesday night, my +1 bailed.  Haven't bought tickets yet, I can still cancel out....

 

You local this week, Go?  Wanna go with?

 

as soon as i book flights i can let you know, deciding if my kid needs to go to school wednesday or not ( i always vote no, but then he will miss 3 days of school for the game) if we need to fly out after school we wont land wednesday until 9pm or so.

 

so i should know in the next day or so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better hurry.  I've got a blonde lined up.

273831103_10158740052210423_3356043920181530854_n.jpg

 

She's my niece.   :)

But if you are arriving in time to make the event let me know - I presume as a ST holder you got the same invite I did and can get your own event ticket, but I can also forward the link and event code privately, and can ask them to seat us together.  Or I can add a ticket (or two?) to my reservation IF I know to do so.  I'm booking as soon as Kris confirms she's got a sitter squared away for that night.... probably later today (Saturday).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay.  Done.  I just bought tickets to the event.

 

I'll take/post photos.... maybe having one of us go and research it this time will help make it easier to determine next year if the cool factor is worth the price...... because no matter how generous the spread and booze, finger food and a couple of drink tickets isn't quite worth sixty bucks.  I hope to get t least a handshake and an autograph.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if I can bring a mini helmet for Willie to sign?  I've already got Isaac's autograph on a pumpkin head helmet (photo below, it's the helmet on the top) together with a Kenny Anderson (first shelf).  I'd be slowly collecting ROH autos, missing only Munoz among the living enshrinees.

 

FB_IMG_1664131904513.jpg

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm talking WAAAY too much about this.

 

I spoke with the front office yesterday - needed help transferring a ticket to someone technologically-impaired and we ended up just yanking it from my account and sending it over to Will Call as a physical ticket for them to pick up Thursday.  Turns out the person answering was Sara P, my season ticket account manager.  We chatted and I asked her about the dress code (if any) for Wednesday's event and whether I could bring item(s) for autographs.

 

She said that there isn't a dress code - some come in jackets, others come in jerseys - but she did mention that wearing Bengal-themed attire that's maybe a "little bit" classier than shorts and tees might be the right call.

Big mistake, saying "classier" there. 🙂


I was leaning toward a Bengal SS polo or a Bengal sweater vest over a button-down, but Sara said "classier". I'm thinking it's time to finally wear this jacket to PBS.....

 

Untitled.jpg

 

LS White Oxford Button-down, w/black Bengal sweater vest and Bengal bow-tie, under this beauty.  Whaddya think.... too much?  Lol.  At the very least, it would practically guarantee getting photos with Willie, Isaac, and any other surprise legends (Boomer? Ickey? Cris? Anthony?) who might be attending.

(Also, items for autographs is fine, although no guarantees that anyone will sign anything. Taking the White Tiger helmet from the bottom shelf of that previous photo for Willie, and I've got another helmet - not shown - that's got orange stripes on black that I'll take as well for any "bonus" autograph opportunity that might come up.)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I'm talking WAAAY too much about this.

 

I spoke with the front office yesterday - needed help transferring a ticket to someone technologically-impaired and we ended up just yanking it from my account and sending it over to Will Call as a physical ticket for them to pick up Thursday.  Turns out the person answering was Sara P, my season ticket account manager.  We chatted and I asked her about the dress code (if any) for Wednesday's event and whether I could bring item(s) for autographs.

 

She said that there isn't a dress code - some come in jackets, others come in jerseys - but she did mention that wearing Bengal-themed attire that's maybe a "little bit" classier than shorts and tees might be the right call.

Big mistake, saying "classier" there. 🙂


I was leaning toward a Bengal SS polo or a Bengal sweater vest over a button-down, but Sara said "classier". I'm thinking it's time to finally wear this jacket to PBS.....

 

Untitled.jpg

 

LS White Oxford Button-down, w/black Bengal sweater vest and Bengal bow-tie, under this beauty.  Whaddya think.... too much?  Lol.  At the very least, it would practically guarantee getting photos with Willie, Isaac, and any other surprise legends (Boomer? Ickey? Cris? Anthony?) who might be attending.

(Also, items for autographs is fine, although no guarantees that anyone will sign anything. Taking the White Tiger helmet from the bottom shelf of that previous photo for Willie, and I've got another helmet - not shown - that's got orange stripes on black that I'll take as well for any "bonus" autograph opportunity that might come up.)

The Amish let you wear that???😂😂

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

 

This was last year when Willie was on the short list for HOF


Probably didn’t appreciate Willie then as much as I should have.  Mind boggling when you compare Willie to the Bengals recent draft picks. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:


Probably didn’t appreciate Willie then as much as I should have.  Mind boggling when you compare Willie to the Bengals recent draft picks. 

We had the pile drivers on the right side with Willie and Bobby..

I believe Bobby's son Brandon is a NT for the Ravens .

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

We had the pile drivers on the right side with Willie and Bobby..

I believe Bobby's son Brandon is a NT for the Ravens .

 

 

 

That entire Oline from Levi all the way over to Willie was stout, we have not been able to replicate that since.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

That entire Oline from Levi all the way over to Willie was stout, we have not been able to replicate that since.

 

We haven't even managed a cheap bootleg version.

 

Still find it.. well, definitely not surprising, let's say revealing..  that Joey Porter & his pals were able to jump & then rob Levi on camera while he was on crutches and the NFL didn't do shit about it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've taken over the entire East banquet hall.  There are 400-500 guests, Ben-Gals, and about two dozen legends here tonight.

 

Lapham, Kenny A, Ickey, Louis Breeden, Jim Breech, I think I saw Tim Krumrie.  Dudes that played in Super Bowl XVI, the entire O-Line that played alongside Willie... it's glorious.

 

20220928_184307.jpg

 

20220928_193637.jpg

 

 

20220928_202637.jpg

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...