Keeping our enemies close: 2023

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Shame ..

Maybe his last game..

How driven will he be..

How driven would you be with $75M guaranteed and an injury that's a tough rehab even for someone half your age?  Also you play for the (checks notes)

:Yaoarghh-min:

I guess he'll at least have to go through the motions so the team doesn't try to hold on to that money?  If he does play again I'd expect halfhearted competition with ZW or some other young guy in training camp but I'd be surprised to see him as a legit QB1 again.  Then again maybe Joe Rogan can source him some kind of black market organ harvested tendon potion off the dark web, who knows these days...

also have to add that this was perhaps the least shocking outcome, much less than, say, a SB MVP

• Upvote 1

By Josh Alper

Published September 11, 2023 04:15 PM

It looks like the Stealers’ attempt to bounce back from Sunday’s crushing loss to the 49ers will be taking place without the help of defensive end Cam Heyward.

NFL Media reports that Heyward suffered a groin injury in the 30-7 loss and that it will keep him out of action for multiple weeks. Evaluations of his condition are ongoing and Heyward may require surgery to repair the problem.

If Heyward is placed on injured reserve, he will have to miss at least four games before he will be eligible to return to action.

Heyward was injured in the second quarter on Sunday. He had one quarterback hit and played 14 defensive snaps in the loss.

Larry Ogunjobi, Montravius Adams, Isiahh Loudermilk, Keeanu Benton, and DeMarvin Leal were the other defensive linemen active on Sunday.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cleveland-browns

• Like 1