Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 8/8/2023 at 8:43 AM, BlackJesus said:

... Most of these I don't have a problem with, though I would adjust the order and swap out Hurts, Hill, and Kelce (for Chase, Williams, and Garrett) 

The BlackJesus Top 10

(though nobody asked) 

10. Josh Allen

9. Chris Jones

8. Ja'Marr Chase

7. Justin Jefferson 

6. Trent Williams

5. Myles Garrett

4. Nick Bosa 

3. Micah Parsons

2. Joe Burrow

1. Patrick Mahomes

Ja'Marr > Jefferson

15 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Ja'Marr > Jefferson

I agree tbh, and would take Ja'Marr if asked to choose.

But for the purposes of this ranking, I deferred to Justin just barely based on the discrepancy in stats. 

I actually knocked Jefferson down (on their list) from 2 to 7 and Chase up from 39 to 8, to get them side by side (as I think they're essentially almost equal). 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

This seems off to me ... last ?

FB_IMG_1691622325771.jpg

As is the case with most businesses, a sports franchise's value is derived from its future benefits, such as revenue, EBITDA and net cash flow. While the goal of profit maximization is consistent with any business, a professional sports team's sources of revenue and operating expenses are unique.

https://www.eisneramper.com/insights/sports-entertainment/sports-franchise-valuation-0122/#:~:text=As is the case with,and operating expenses are unique.

• Upvote 1

The most recent sale was this summer and the one before that last year. The Commanders and Broncos are valued at their sale prices and other teams are probably scaled off of that. So if the Cowboys have 50% more revenue or earnings, they get a 50% greater valuation than the Commanders. But the Commanders may be under or overvalued at 6 bil. Having the top team in Washington may be useful to an owner's other business interests for example. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, High School Harry said:

It does, darn it.  So no black shell and orange stripes.

Maybe Pumpkin:wub: and the Pumpkinettes:wub::wub: can twist a few arms

of the NFL muckety mucks.

It could be done, just have to be super creative and use a lot more black stickers.

• Upvote 1