Keeping our enemies close: 2023

I wish Nick Bosa would sign today. Pittsburgh would be so lucky if Bosa doesn't play at all in Pittsburgh this Sunday. If the Stealers win against San Fran on Sunday, they become very formidable in the AFC North. San Fran is easily the toughest opponent that all of the AFC North teams have to face this year.

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

“KC Wolf was 'born' in 1989, back when the NFL didn't have a lot of popular mascots. He was named after the team's 'Wolfpack', a group of loud fans who sat in the Municipal Stadium. Dan Meers has been the man behind the wolf mask for 33 years and keeps his wolf bodies in his garage.”

I'm sorry, his what?

dance-furry.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think it's the chant that goes with it that really takes it from regular trashy to Red Lobster dumpster in July

The lack of awareness of the overall cringyness of it is astounding...they legit think they are cool doing that bs. The war cry or whatever that is, is just shameful. For anyone wondering how some Native Americans feel about this, https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/02/02/native-american-group-plans-super-bowl-protest-of-kansas-city-chiefs/

The team said in a statement at the time that although they had discouraged fans from wearing headdresses for several years, the organization decided after discussions with Native American leaders to ban them altogether.

The statement said face painting would still be allowed for all fans but any face paint that is “styled in a way that references or appropriates American Indian cultures and traditions” is prohibited. The team also said it was working on a “thorough review process” of the Arrowhead Chop.😂

I'm sure that review was very thorough, the white guilt wasn't that strong...lol

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm sorry, his what?

dance-furry.gif

It gets a little boring in KC, you have to spice it up somehow

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230906_181819.jpg

IMG_20230906_181810.jpg

He's talking about organizations like the Cardinals that are a complete dumpster fire, which makes complete sense. Now that players like Caleb can get paid millions from NIL deals they are getting less pressure from family members, like Caleb's dad, to go pro. In past years guys might have been heavily pressured by "loved ones" to go make some money when they could have benefited from another year or two of college sports.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He's talking about organizations like the Cardinals that are a complete dumpster fire, which makes complete sense. Now that players like Caleb can get paid millions from NIL deals they are getting less pressure from family members, like Caleb's dad, to go pro. In past years guys might have been heavily pressured by "loved ones" to go make some money when they could have benefited from another year or two of college sports.  

Today’s “dumpster fire” may be tomorrow’s “rising franchise”. Just never know. 

Unless some good team has acquired the top pick…any Bottom-5 team is there for a reason—and not always QB caused. Would any of these suit his fancy? 

I have always been in favor of a kid going the whole way through the college football experience before venturing into the morass of the NFL. Maybe it is one year closer to the career death age 30 (sarc), but real maturity comes with age for the most part. 

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Today’s “dumpster fire” may be tomorrow’s “rising franchise”. Just never know. 

Unless some good team has acquired the top pick…any Bottom-5 team is there for a reason—and not always QB caused. Would any of these suit his fancy? 

I have always been in favor of a kid going the whole way through the college football experience before venturing into the morass of the NFL. Maybe it is one year closer to the career death age 30 (sarc), but real maturity comes with age for the most part. 

Until they have a change in ownership there is no hope to be a rising franchise. The Bengals were stuck in that vicious cycle before MB got too old and the Blackburns got more control of the day-to-day operations and they were lucky enough to get a generational talent in Joe Burrow. If not for that the Bengals would still be middling around and being a less than desirable location for elite talent. 

You are correct in stating that most bottom 5 teams are there for a reason, but some situations have more hope than others.  The Rams had one of the worst records last year with only 5 wins and 12 losses, however I'm sure any young QB would rather play for the Rams than the Cards for numerous reasons. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230906_002653.jpg

Dude could also be causing the holdup thinking if Burrow takes an under market deal it could affect those other negotiations. I'm sure those teams could make the argument that they also want to set aside money for their other top players.

It's the scummy part of the business but it's definitely interesting to see what happens when all the rah-rah team "my family loves it here in (insert rust belt city)" stuff runs into a multimillion dollar payday.  Shit gets real in a hurry.

• Upvote 1