Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

21 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Im thinking

Zeus.Volson-Karras-Cappa-Williams

Carman.Scharping-Hill-Smith-

Ford could fill in until Collins back..

Cappa has been out for a few days now and Hill has played at RG with the starters.  Might be a test run or maybe Scharping isn’t going to get another shot.  Smith has apparently been impressive.  Mixed reviews on Carman.  Ford has been bad.  All the talk of cutting Collins is crazy considering our backup situation. Only question is whether he stays on PUP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Cappa has been out for a few days now and Hill has played at RG with the starters.  Might be a test run or maybe Scharping isn’t going to get another shot.  Smith has apparently been impressive.  Mixed reviews on Carman.  Ford has been bad.  All the talk of cutting Collins is crazy considering our backup situation. Only question is whether he stays on PUP.

Are Hill and Smith capable backups?

13 hours ago, dex said:

One huge difference between the Bates/Higgins contract situations is there were many public grumblings in the media about the Bengals offers to Bates. Everyone knew there was a problem with the Bates talks that would likely lead to free agency. In contrast everything is very quiet about the Higgins contract talks, which says to me that both sides are still fully engaged and looking to reach an agreement. Silence is golden in this case.

My prediction is that both Higgins and Burrow will reach an extension agreement before the season opener. The only mystery to me is which one signs first. I'm hoping it is Higgins myself. I absolutely know that a Burrow extension will be reached, no question.

Certainly hope so in regards to your second paragraph. Although I think his agent is asking for way too much and Bengals simply can’t afford to pay that figure.  Wilson and Pratt signed for way below market value and Higgins needs to do the same if he’s going to remain a Bengal after next year lMO. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:53 AM, sparky151 said:

If the Patriots actually made the offer this guy proposes for Jonah, would you take it? He suggests the Pats trade their 3rd and 5th next year plus the 3rd the year after for Jonah and the Bengals 6th. I'd have done that in a heartbeat before this year's draft. Would still do it if Collins is close to returning. Two thirds plus 12 mil of cap space is nice. But having a hole at RT isn't. Too bad Carman hasn't impressed thus far. 

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/09/should-patriots-trade-former-first-round-pick-fix-ot-struggles/

On 8/10/2023 at 12:13 PM, Jamie_B said:

I'd only consider it if Carman was showing up. Otherwise no, Collins may be a good RT but at this point with his back stuff I only am ok with him being a starter if needed, not an every game starter. 

Late to the party and all speculation but I would do it.

Collins... maybe

Smith seems to be showing up

Cody Ford?  We went out and got him.

And I am intrigued by 6'8" 328 lb rookie free agent Jaxson Kirkland

Also, losing Jonah would save us cap bucks?

And Tee and the other guy are still unsigned.

I'm also wondering if Adeniji might go and Carman be a surprise cut,.

26 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

What's the word on Dax Hill?

Haven't seen any news on him lately.

For him to be penciled in as one of the starting safeties, he's been awfully quiet.

He was all over the place in the joint practice with the Packers. Nick Scott too.

• Like 1