Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

19 hours ago, dex said:

For sure. I was excited enough to see him throwing routine balls near the sideline. Now he's throwing deep balls and sprinting sideline to sideline? WOW.

This alone made my night. Got back from an obligation and tried to watch the game at midnight but this news sent me straight to bed happy. Nothing else mattered. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Griever said:

I have to say I was a little disappointed in Robbins last night.  I'm sure part of it was my over-the-top expectations.  With the exception of the 65 yarder that was *ALMOST* downed inside the 2 yard line, it was just kinda average to me.  Hang times were probably above average, but that's not something that jumps out at you watching on TV. 

Again, my prolly unrealistic expectations were that his punts would be an "OMFG!!!" every single time.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I have to say I was a little disappointed in Robbins last night.  I'm sure part of it was my over-the-top expectations.  With the exception of the 65 yarder that was *ALMOST* downed inside the 2 yard line, it was just kinda average to me.  Hang times were probably above average, but that's not something that jumps out at you watching on TV. 

Again, my prolly unrealistic expectations were that his punts would be an "OMFG!!!" every single time.

I'm in the same boat my friend. A little underwhelming last night but hoping we'll see flashes in the games coming up. I still think he makes it over Drew

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

6 minutes ago, Griever said:

I'm in the same boat my friend. A little underwhelming last night but hoping we'll see flashes in the games coming up. I still think he makes it over Drew

Agree with both and I was there.

Was looking forward to seeing him punt and was like... "that was it?"

Overly hyped?  Spoiled by McFearsome?

A non returnable 39 yard punt is still only 39 yards.

I still think Drue Chrisman, The Pride of Lawrenceberg, will end up on the

practice squad.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:55 PM, BlackJesus said:

Media: "Burrow, do you think you will at least be able to jog by week 5?"

$hiesty: (who just got off the treadmill) ...

joe-burrow-drinking-water-7wjld8qbq38t0dgu.gif

That smirky smile..

Chris Jones said he did that alot when Chiefs were trying to get under his skin. 

Pat Mahomes said "He's a Stone Cold Killer on the field"..

He added we''re champs but he's 3-1 against us..

They know..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Anyone want to make a prediction about when Burrow returns to practice?

I will take next Sunday, the first practice after the exhibition game in Atlanta. Last year Burrow returned from the ruptured appendix surgery on August 16th in a bid to be ready for opening day. One huge advantage Burrow has this year over last is that he doesn't have to regain the weight he lost during last year's recovery. Last year he looked shockingly thin after he returned, this year he still looks strong as ever.

• Upvote 1