Who makes the WR cut? pick your 6 (or make a case for 5 or 7)

image.png

Here is the 12 on the roster right now.

Locks:

1. Chase

2. Higgins

3. Boyd

Also probably locks:

4. Iosivas

5. Irwin OR Taylor AND?

6. Morgan or Chuck Sizzle?

Garauntee cuts/PS offers:

1. Carter

2. Hippenhammer

3. Jackson

4. Lassiter II

so really 4/5/6 spots i have are the decisions to be made.

thoughts?

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Irwin, Iosivas, Jones.

Maybe Taylor makes it if they decide to pup or IR Jones, otherwise Jones takes his spot as the punt returner as well.

Was going to list out my prediction but it is exactly the same as yours 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Maybe Taylor makes it if they decide to pup or IR Jones, otherwise Jones takes his spot as the punt returner as well.

I think they’ll keep 7. Morgan may not be a good WR (as a pass catcher… but he can really block), but he’s a hella ST player and I think Simmons has enough sway that they’ll keep him on the 53… and maybe dress 6 WRs on Sundays. We haven’t seen a lot of Charlie Jones at PR, but he’s got good hands and even if he’s not getting a lot of yards initially, he’ll secure the football. 

Just don’t think Taylor will make it… maybe on the PS, but he’s small, and doesn’t give you as much at WR as the other guys. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Could easily be, but with Taylor having nfl experience and came up in big moments as well, there is always PS for Jones of the two Taylor is claimed way faster than jones id imagine. but who knows. i always think of how much the old bengals favored veterans (and the nuggets coach does that too so its ingrained in my head that veteran gets the no everytime)

Just now, Griever said:

Was going to list out my prediction but it is exactly the same as yours 

not a TON of variance in this group really.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, texbengal said:

I think they’ll keep 7. Morgan may not be a good WR (as a pass catcher… but he can really block), but he’s a hella ST player and I think Simmons has enough sway that they’ll keep him on the 53… and maybe dress 6 WRs on Sundays. We haven’t seen a lot of Charlie Jones at PR, but he’s got good hands and even if he’s not getting a lot of yards initially, he’ll secure the football. 

Just don’t think Taylor will make it… maybe on the PS, but he’s small, and doesn’t give you as much at WR as the other guys. 

Ugh yeah...Morgan would be a tough cut

11 minutes ago, texbengal said:

this is always where it gets interesting, Stanley and Thomas are teammate favorites and special teamers for life, they ahve to go someday, but is that now or in 2-3 years?

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

this is always where it gets interesting, Stanley and Thomas are teammate favorites and special teamers for life, they ahve to go someday, but is that now or in 2-3 years?

Yep. I think Thomas’ time to go is now… at least, from the 53-man roster. Hopefully they’d want to keep him on the PS, and he’d be willing. But maybe he’d get another offer somewhere. Just playing the odds, at his age, I don’t think there’d be other takers. 

Morgan -I suspect he’d get picked up. Not that it’s a reason to keep him but I read or heard somewhere - maybe The Athletic pod/PDJ saying that Simmons was spoozing over Morgan, saying he has really been the guy to bring the juice to the ST units the last few years. So hearing that, kinda made me think they really want to keep him. And I like Mike Thomas and all but I don’t think he gives you as much on the field as Morgan does. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Yep. I think Thomas’ time to go is now… at least, from the 53-man roster. Hopefully they’d want to keep him on the PS, and he’d be willing. But maybe he’d get another offer somewhere. Just playing the odds, at his age, I don’t think there’d be other takers. 

Morgan -I suspect he’d get picked up. Not that it’s a reason to keep him but I read or heard somewhere - maybe The Athletic pod/PDJ saying that Simmons was spoozing over Morgan, saying he has really been the guy to bring the juice to the ST units the last few years. So hearing that, kinda made me think they really want to keep him. And I like Mike Thomas and all but I don’t think he gives you as much on the field as Morgan does. 

27 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Could easily be, but with Taylor having nfl experience and came up in big moments as well, there is always PS for Jones of the two Taylor is claimed way faster than jones id imagine. but who knows. i always think of how much the old bengals favored veterans (and the nuggets coach does that too so its ingrained in my head that veteran gets the no everytime)

not a TON of variance in this group really.

Jones only lasted to the 4th round because of his small size and his advanced age. I think Jones would be picked up right away if he got waived. If the Bengals aren't advising him to get surgery on his torn shoulder labrum, then he seems like a lock to make the team. If he went ahead and had surgery now, the Bengals could put him on IR and keep Taylor to return punts. But I cannot imagine any scenario where Charlie Jones just gets waived.

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Irwin, Jones, Iosivas are the 6. Jackson and Morgan to PS unless Morgan goes elsewhere. Iosivas gets the ST snaps that Morgan leaves behind. 

I also think Battle will take Mike Thomas's ST snaps.

Losing both Morgan and Thomas would be a huge hit for ST.  I don't think its as easy as plugging in a rookie.  I'm thinking Morgan stays.  Jones to the OR. 

• Upvote 1