Buffalo Josh Allen Verizon My Plan Week

Bengals (-2) vs. Bills

The Buffalo Bills are my Super Bowl pick, so I'm OK being wrong here ... I just don't think I am. The Bengals are laying less than a field goal against a banged-up rival in the AFC just as Joe Burrow is getting completely healthy, Tee Higgins is coming back, the defense is really starting to mesh and everything is going right for Cincy? Buffalo added Rasul Douglas (DNP -- "just got here") but didn't beef up the offense, and even with Douglas added this defense has been ravaged by injury. Play two high, blitz aggressively, do whatever you want -- a mobile Joey Burrrrr is gonna be locked in and carve up this injury-riddled unit. He gets up big time for Buffalo and Kansas City, and he'll do it at home on Sunday night for sure. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-9-picks-best-bets-seahawks-shootout-bengals-bounce-bills-plus-what-stood-out-with-raiders-firings/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

Glad they are working on glove, burrow. Now throw water on him, and have his working on sprinkler at 9pm. They should do more to prepare for ball security and throwing in elements. Supposed to be bad winter. 

Sunday night? The weather looked okay when I checked the forecast.

• Upvote 1

Heard Dehner's Athletic podcast earlier. He had Tyler Dunn on - he follows the Bills closely. He thinks the Bengals are gonna win pretty handily. In particular, their defense hasn't been good and they are missing some key guys, too. Milano is their best defender (LB) and he's out for the year. Tre White (CB) out, as are a few others. He thinks the Bengals could make some hay running up the gut, too... that was exposed in the playoffs last year.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Griever said:

Oh damn

Buffalo is the biggest bunch of woulda, coulda, shoulda cry babies ever. They are scared to play the Bengals, that's why they left town instead of staying to finish the game last year and why we beat their ass in the playoffs. It snows in Buffalo all the time, every year, like clockwork, so using snow as an excuse for they got their ass beat is weak and lame af. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Buffalo is the biggest bunch of woulda, coulda, shoulda cry babies ever. They are scared to play the Bengals, that's why they left town instead of staying to finish the game last year and why we beat their ass in the playoffs. It snows in Buffalo all the time, every year, like clockwork, so using snow as an excuse for they got their ass beat is weak and lame af. 

Word.

Gut feeling is a brutal beating on them

On 11/1/2023 at 1:28 PM, High School Harry said:

image.thumb.png.adea08668d630c96c0bb5374d3827f53.png

On 11/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, claptonrocks said:

Who does this art is great at it.

The artist's name is Isobel Hamilton.  She and I have become friends on Twitter / X.... she's a Bengal fan living in Nova Scotia who originally hails from Scotland. To my knowledge she's never been to a game, she just picked the Bengals back in the 80's as "her team" and has stuck with us through good times and bad.  She's a professional painter who also does weekly Bengal-themed images linked to each week's matchup.  She began during our 2022 playoff run and has continued throughout the current season.

94a9fab9-6859-4c91-8241-1821f09a6384-300x300[1].jpg  1b498334-106c-4bdc-a347-3864058672ce-300x300[1].jpg  42935ad1-cd1e-4a10-9f83-af84caef8916-300x300[1].jpg

Her work is outstanding.

She sells reprints in various sizes, as well as some on 1/4"-thick aluminum

387860041_10159858420465423_2857079818721641359_n.jpg

I bought the entire 2022 series and have had them framed, and will buy the 2023 series shortly.  I recommend them highly.

She's also working on a 2024 calendar ("Cincinnatus: The Gentleman Tiger") using images she's already created, it's available for presale and 25% of the purchase price goes to an Ohio animal rescue - Perfect Imperfect Pet. Support your team, an independent artist, and a local charity, all with one purchase!

I've ordered one for myself and a handful of others for Christmas gifts.

calendar-cover[1].jpg  calendar1[1].jpg  calendar3[1].jpg

https://isobelhamilton.com/ is her primary "I'm an artist" page

https://isobelhamilton.art/ is focused on her Bengal prints.

I've invited her and her husband to attend a game next season as my guest - its the least I can do for someone doing so much amazing work propping up my favorite team.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2