WEEK 13: @ JAGS (GameDey thread)

9 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Sadly, what a great bye week for the Ravens.  The two closest teams in the AFC North lost, and two of the teams battling them for a high seed in the playoffs lost.  ☹️

Probably won't matter to us without a deep playoff run.

If the Bengals aren't in it I don't much care aside from FTS & I hope KC's season ends with getting shamelessly robbed by the refs. 

Can't quite muster the same hate for Balmer, feel like they already have enough problems.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

ESPN also showed a list of all the injured QBs with some highlighted in yellow as "out for season".

Discount Double-check wasn't one of those... Didn't he rupture an achilles?  At 40? For the now 4-8 Jets?  Even with it being a preseason injury and the possible recovery time...

Why?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah ESPN trotted that one out sometime in the 4th, gave me hope.

They also showed a list of all the injured QBs with some highlighted in yellow as "out for season".

Discount Double-check wasn't one of those... Didn't he rupture an achilles?  At 40? For the now 4-8 Jets?  Even with it being a preseason injury and the possible recovery time...

Why?

Ego

This team keeps ending those skidmark streaks.. Gotta credit ZT for that, there's no clappy bullshit when they're down either. He's always hollering at somebody or running around doing something when he's not calling the play. About halfway through the 4th, 3rd & 3 from the 10 and Chase drops the ball.  They go right back to him on 4th & 3, 6 yard gain & then Browning sneaks it in for the TD. That's ballsy.  Yeah the tricksy hobbit plays gotta go but they did score 31 with a backup QB & only punted once.

Credit Mixon too, I think Brown looks capable of pushing him at least, was 6/60 at one point.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

As fun as that was the Defense HAS to play alot better or were not going anywhere 

The talent is there but the communication, gang tackling etc isn't.  The young safeties have to be part of that, they're still learning to play their own positions, not QBing the defense. The team effort is lacking overall sometimes, though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The talent is there but the communication, gang tackling etc isn't.  The young safeties have to be part of that, they're still learning to play their own positions, not QBing the defense. The team effort is lacking overall sometimes, though.

Being able.to get to the QB would help the you 2ndary out alot.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Being able.to get to the QB would help the you 2ndary out alot.

Ossai, Hendrickson, Hubbard all had sacks.  The refs let OL's hold a lot these days. For a while they were tipping a lot of passes instead but that hasn't been the case much this year.

There were also a few potential turnovers that didn't bounce their way.

7 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Why werent we doing this on offense when Joe was starting???? Honestly I feel we would be in a better shape, both record-wise and offense wise with what we are doing woth Jake....

I think Zac is in love with Burrows accuracy/intelligence and wants to use t to the hilt. Problem is he keeps doing it against great d's and is getting Joe killed. Maybe this will be a wakeup call?

Yeah right.😶

1 hour ago, gupps said:

I think Zac is in love with Burrows accuracy/intelligence and wants to use t to the hilt. Problem is he keeps doing it against great d's and is getting Joe killed. Maybe this will be a wakeup call?

Yeah right.😶

If Zac want to make it three straight playoff appearances, he better realize that he doesn't have 9, he has 6 for the rest of the season, and to gameplan accordingly.  Browning's performance was exceptional because we ran the ball effectively.  We do that and stay with the run, the passing to all the ball catchers will bloom and we have a very good shot at running down a play-off spot.  You have two solid RBs, honestly three if Williams gets some carries too, plus Browning can scramble pretty good.  Stick with the run--that is the best course.

• Upvote 1