WEEK 13: @ JAGS (GameDey thread)

2 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

If Zac want to make it three straight playoff appearances, he better realize that he doesn't have 9, he has 6 for the rest of the season, and to gameplan accordingly.  Browning's performance was exceptional because we ran the ball effectively.  We do that and stay with the run, the passing to all the ball catchers will bloom and we have a very good shot at running down a play-off spot.  You have two solid RBs, honestly three if Williams gets some carries too, plus Browning can scramble pretty good.  Stick with the run--that is the best course.

The defense is going to have to step it up if we are to make the playoffs. These soft zones are for the birds. Even bad QBs like Pickett and Beatherd can move it at ease vs us between the 20s

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

When the holes are there......

He will run to first contact :ninja:

Somewhat exaggerating but there were several times I saw a wide open running lane and he was either too slow to take advantage or didn't see it and opted to run into the backs of the OL for a minimal gain.

Mixon is adequate & played a solid game but give me someone with some burst that might actually outrun a defender please. I'd like to have a RB on the field thats still a TD threat outside of 1st & goal situations.

Chase Brown had 9 carries for 61 yards. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He will run to first contact :ninja:

Somewhat exaggerating but there were several times I saw a wide open running lane and he was either too slow to take advantage or didn't see it and opted to run into the backs of the OL for a minimal gain.

Mixon is adequate & played a solid game but give me someone with some burst that might actually outrun a defender please. I'd like to have a RB on the field thats still a TD threat outside of 1st & goal situations.

Chase Brown had 9 carries for 61 yards. 

You saw holes that I didn't if you have a clip I'd love to watch to see what you saw that I didnt.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You saw holes that I didn't if you have a clip I'd love to watch to see what you saw that I didnt.

It wasn't frequent at all but yeah, he seems to be on rails most of the time. He's going to run where the play says regardless.  Swear he used to show better vision.

Keyshawn at about the 5 min mark doesn't know what he's talking about. He mentions Jake making money as if he can be a free agent. I got news for Keyshawn, he's not eligible for unrestricted free agency. He's what the NFL calls an Essential Restricted FA. He doesn't have the service time on an active NFL roster to be an Unrestricted FA. All the Bengals have to do to retain his rights is offer him a contract at the minimum for a guy with his service time. In other words, Mike Brown owns him for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSq4C6HjIs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Keyshawn at about the 5 min mark doesn't know what he's talking about. He mentions Jake making money as if he can be a free agent. I got news for Keyshawn, he's not eligible for unrestricted free agency. He's what the NFL calls an Essential Restricted FA. He doesn't have the service time on an active NFL roster to be an Unrestricted FA. All the Bengals have to do to retain his rights is offer him a contract at the minimum for a guy with his service time. In other words, Mike Brown owns him for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSq4C6HjIs

I thought ERFA meant Exclusive Rights Free Agent?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I thought ERFA meant Exclusive Rights Free Agent?

You're absolutely right. I got my E's screwed up. That'll teach me not to post while I'm preoccupied at work. My comments on how it works is still accurate. He can't leave unless Mike Brown lets him

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

So how long is under contract with Bengals?

Just this year. If he wants to play in the NFL he'll have to play for the Bengals next year

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/jake-browning-29336/#:~:text=Current Contract,a cap hit of %24750%2C000.&text=NFL contract specifics generally collected from verified reports.

• Like 1

Anyone think that Mike Brown may be thinking if Jake continues to shine throughout the season and a good playoff run he'd  entertain the idea of saving 55mil a year and receive a Kings ransom in a trade for JB?

Maybe get 3 or 4 1st rounders and a  couple 2nds from bad team for higher draft picks..

Yeah that's crazy but if Mike doesn't think so?

Savy business man he is.

Blackburn women wouldn't have it though and he'll succumb to their wishes..