Other Saturday Games Thread

• Le Tigre changed the title to Other Saturday Games Thread

IND (7-6) v PIT (7-6) - winner joins us at (8-6)

Some are arguing that a PIT win is better for us because we play them and IND has a soft schedule.  I say that an IND win is better because we hold the tiebreak over IND and will likely lose any tiebreak to any AFC-N team.  Best case is a tie, but failing that I'm rooting for IND..... they're soft and perfectly capable of losing games they should win.  We need to put PIT behind us in the standings to win a tiebreak against them, and that journey starts with them getting a 7th loss today.

We're alone in the #6 spot.  IND wins, we remain #6.  PIT wins and they bump us to #7.   I'm not rooting for either team, but I'm rooting against PIT more than IND.

DEN (7-6) v DET

Go Lions - of course.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see the league finally crack down on the wreckless head-hunting style that the Stealers coach into their players.  Zero tolerance.... when shit like this happens, the offending player is automatically ejected.

Furthermore - any time a player does something so egregious that they get automatically disqualified even without a first warning - like we just saw - then a warning is issued against the offending team.  If something even remotely like that happens again for the rest of the game the head coach or the defensive coordinator is disqualified.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I would like to see the league finally crack down on the wreckless head-hunting style that the Stealers coach into their players.  Zero tolerance.... when shit like this happens, the offending player is automatically ejected.

Furthermore - any time a player does something so egregious that they get automatically disqualified even without a first warning - like we just saw - then a warning is issued against the offending team.  If something even remotely like that happens again for the rest of the game the head coach or the defensive coordinator is disqualified.

Yep, sounds like another good ol' stiller footbaw' rule needs to be implemented. 

• Upvote 1