Monday Yuletide Games Thread

Go Las Vegas Sois.

Go 49ers.

I'm going to the movies to see "The Iron Claw".

I was a Fritz von Erich fan back in the day

(although his schtick would not have been acceptable today)

and I can't wait to see Chavo Guerrero play The Sheik... a childhood idol

(along with Dick the Bruiser).

Looking forward to seeing quirky Aaron Dean Eisenberg play The Nature Boy... Woooo-OOO!

And fuck the stealers. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Go Las Vegas Sois.

Go 49ers.

Looking forward to seeing quirky Aaron Dean Eisenberg play The Nature Boy... Woooo-OOO!

And fuck the stealers. 

Is anyone playing my childhood favorite Bobo Brazil? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Go Las Vegas Sois.

Go 49ers.

And fuck the stealers. 

Saw the add for that movie last night , let us know how the movie is. Quite the tragic family story. 

53 minutes ago, MOC said:

Is anyone playing my childhood favorite Bobo Brazil? 

37 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Saw the add for that movie last night , let us know how the movie is. Quite the tragic family story. 

37 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

You do go back a ways! I was a Haystacks Calhoun guy back then. 

No Bobo.  No Haystack.

Moc... knew Dr Big Bill Miller's, who also wrestled in a mask as a number of guys, son pretty well

when I lived in Reynoldsburg.  Dr Big Bill was a very real Dr, veterinary and Ohio State graduate.

Worked for the state as a meat inspector.

Freebirds with Michael P.S. Hayes are in it as well as Bruiser Brody and Harley Race.

Highly recommend "Dark Side of the Ring" on Hulu which now carries all four seasons.

Two episodes on Flyin' Brian Pillman.  The 4th season is the best.

Icy... it talks a lot about the Hart family and something called The Montreal Screw Job.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

No Bobo.  No Haystack.

Moc... knew Dr Big Bill Miller's, who also wrestled in a mask as a number of guys, son pretty well

when I lived in Reynoldsburg.  Dr Big Bill was a very real Dr, veterinary and Ohio State graduate.

Worked for the state as a meat inspector.

Freebirds with Michael P.S. Hayes are in it as well as Bruiser Brody and Harley Race.

Highly recommend "Dark Side of the Ring" on Hulu which now carries all four seasons.

Icy... it talks a lot about the Hart family and something called The Montreal Screw Job.

I have seen the first 3 seasons of Dark Side, did not know there was a fourth so will check that out!

55 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Dude those are so good. Jim Cornette cracks me up.

The Gorgeous Gino Hernandez one was crazy - I was very familiar with him, as he got his start in Houston Wrestling.

Those guys also do another show called Tales from the Territories which features a lot of old wrestlers.

For those hoping for the Bengals to make the playoffs and not "tank" for a better draft pick:

KCC > LVR

... Hypothetically, the Raiders could be a competitor for a Wild Card berth, although if we're in a tie at 9-8 we're probably hosed anyway.  If they draw even with us (and any anyone else in our scrum) our head-to-head victories over JAX, IND and BUF would be set aside because we did not play LVR.  That would mean Conference Record would be involved, which hurts us significantly. That's the same reason we want MIA to win their division and for DEN to finish behind us.

NYG > PHI

... Does not affect our playoff situation, but if PHI are behind it makes it more likely that AJ Brown will get targeted and score TDs, which helps my fantasy team make the finals.

SFF > BAL

... We cannot catch BAL but if they don't secure the #1 seed they'll have to play in the Wild Card round.  Historically, the more playoff games they play the more likely they'll choke.  And who knows, maybe we'll get to play them in a 2-7 or 3-6 game and can petition the league for a coin flip?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have seen the first 3 seasons of Dark Side, did not know there was a fourth so will check that out!

It is on Hulu and I think the best season of all.

However, a common thread that is quite depressing.

I could not binge more than two or three at a time before it really getting me down.

Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch who just recently went to prison for a long time for vehicular homicide

killing someone in a drunk driving wreck.

Magnum T.A. (who I never really cared for) with commentary by an all time WCW favorite,

Nikita Koloff... "I'm really from Minnesota" and seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Doink the Clown

Junkyard Dog and the discriminated against black wrestlers... KoKo B Ware, Tony Atlas etc.

Abdullah the Butcher and the blade

Saved the best for last with Marty Jannetty and his eventual falling out with Shawn Michaels

narration by Brutus Beefcake and his wife Mrs Beefcake who was a real sight to behold.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Dude those are so good. Jim Cornette cracks me up.

The Gorgeous Gino Hernandez one was crazy - I was very familiar with him, as he got his start in Houston Wrestling.

Those guys also do another show called Tales from the Territories which features a lot of old wrestlers.

Gino Hernandez is in Iron Claw played by real life professional wrestler Ryan Nemeth (yeah, never heard of him but really buff).

And a Very Merry Christmas to You and Mrs Cat and the Kittens!

• Upvote 1