Even before this incident I wondered if the Bengals viewed Sweat the way they did Dawand Jones before the 2023 draft. As an overweight but talented guy with some real off the field baggage. Sweat may not even be on their big board anymore.

33 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol@ “baggage”. A dumb college kid screw-up. 

If he beat up girlfriends…waved firearms around…dealt narcotics—there is “baggage”

Laramy Tunsil dropped from what was likely the number one overall pick to pick 13 when minutes before the draft video surfaced of him smoking  bong.

I view weed as NBD, but obviously the league has issues with it, (at least on paper). What he did would be considered worse, and it clearly affected his draft status, but not to the point that he dropped significantly, so who knows. I imagine this will at least be a red flag for some teams and may take him off the board for some, or at least make them reconsider where they take him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol@ “baggage”. A dumb college kid screw-up. 

If he beat up girlfriends…waved firearms around…dealt narcotics—there is “baggage”

Makes no difference. It’s 100% gonna drop him down a round or two. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Makes no difference. It’s 100% gonna drop him down a round or two. 

Sweat seems to have other issues too. A lot of teams wonder how dedicated Sweat might be to reach his full potential in terms of conditioning and effort. What makes this arrest even more stupid is that every draft prospect should know to be extremely careful this close to the draft where their future gets determined. The fact that Sweat was this careless at this time calls into question his decision-making in general. It's about more than just one DUI.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, dex said:

Sweat seems to have other issues too. A lot of teams wonder how dedicated Sweat might be to reach his full potential in terms of conditioning and effort. What makes this arrest even more stupid is that every draft prospect should know to be extremely careful this close to the draft where their future gets determined. The fact that Sweat was this careless at this time calls into question his decision-making in general. It's about more than just one DUI.

Exactly this 👆

7 minutes ago, dex said:

Sweat seems to have other issues too.

What other issues are those? Just weight? 

Seen the clips of him on the field. He doesn’t look like he takes plays off. Motor looks sound. 

Like I said, he may not be everything and a bag of chips. Might be what is so desperately needed as an interior run stopper. Might not. 

But to give some 22-year old college dumbass a “baggage” moniker after this, is a tad harsh. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Seen the clips of him on the field. He doesn’t look like he takes plays off. Motor looks sound. 

Like I said, he may not be everything and a bag of chips. Might be what is so desperately needed as an interior run stopper. Might not. 

But to give some 22-year old college dumbass a “baggage” moniker after this, is a tad harsh. 

Many sights have noted he had some questions about his dedication. The DUI situation is even worse given it happened at 2 in the afternoon. His character flags are well known in the draft pages, whether they are all true or not. 

• Upvote 1

2am maybe? Whatever, not important. 

Again, maybe the guy is going to be shit anyway, maybe not. If not…and gets passed over by the Bengals soley due to this incident…watch him get swiped up by the Stealers or the Rats. Then everyone can complain as to why the Bengal offensive line can’t move him out of the way and run the football. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If he's there in the 2nd (Probably)

the team should draft him.

How many good NTs are in the draft?

He's the best of them.

Pull the trigger on the big guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Mock Draft Monday...... Sweat was there but McConkey is too good to pass up 

image.png

6 linemen you choose

I'm all n on that but

are they worthy in those draft spots?

I think it would be a mistake to pass on Sweat in Rd2 even if 

McConkey  is there.

Draft is saturated with wide outs.

Very few NTs..

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

6 linemen you choose

I'm all n on that but

are they worthy in those draft spots?

I

Just the way the value at that round went. Everything else when I got to that pick was largely WR, LB, or S. Didn't think I needed those.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Laramy Tunsil dropped from what was likely the number one overall pick to pick 13 when minutes before the draft video surfaced of him smoking  bong.

I view weed as NBD, but obviously the league has issues with it, (at least on paper). What he did would be considered worse, and it clearly affected his draft status, but not to the point that he dropped significantly, so who knows. I imagine this will at least be a red flag for some teams and may take him off the board for some, or at least make them reconsider where they take him.

Paul Brown passed on Dan Marino when there reports that Marino smoked rope.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"Off the field, team sources say Sweat is a good kid overall, but has some issues with a poor work ethic and likes to party. Sweat is going to have to work much harder in the NFL and definitely will have to keep his weight in check."

He’ll end up in RatLand and be all-pro. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"Off the field, team sources say Sweat is a good kid overall, but has some issues with a poor work ethic and likes to party. Sweat is going to have to work much harder in the NFL and definitely will have to keep his weight in check."

Sounds like Flounder Carman.

btw... what are we going to do with that pant load this season?

Keep him eating a roster spot because he's too much of a cap hit to cut?