Saw on X - Mina Kimes and Greg McElroy did one... they gave AD Mitchell (former UGA, then Texas) WR to them... McElroy said he's Tee Higgins (but he runs better). Helluva player, no doubt... but to me, you've got issues at DT and OT and there are other WRs (and some Ts) to be had later... but especially at DT, if Murphy is there, that's who I'm taking. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:16 PM, BlackJesus said:

Latest ... 

FB_IMG_1711394130280.jpg

We leave Fuaga and Murphy on the board to take Thomas?  Fuck that, we can get a solid WR Day 2.  If they deal Tee (which I truly doubt) there should be a late day one or an extra Day 2 to pick one up.

• Like 2

The Athletic taking a dump on the Bengals 2023 draft. Rates us at 26th.

https://theathletic.com/5366550/2024/03/28/nfl-draft-2023-grades-cj-stroud-bryce-young/

Cincinnati Bengals: D

The Bengals took three swings on defense to open the 2023 draft — Myles Murphy (No. 28), DJ Turner II (No. 60) and Jordan Battle (No. 95) — and Turner looks most likely to grow into a full-time starter. Battle struggled to grasp the communication and play-to-play responsibilities of Cincinnati’s defense; Murphy didn’t make much of an impact, even as his participation increased.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic taking a dump on the Bengals 2023 draft. Rates us at 26th.

https://theathletic.com/5366550/2024/03/28/nfl-draft-2023-grades-cj-stroud-bryce-young/

Cincinnati Bengals: D

The Bengals took three swings on defense to open the 2023 draft — Myles Murphy (No. 28), DJ Turner II (No. 60) and Jordan Battle (No. 95) — and Turner looks most likely to grow into a full-time starter. Battle struggled to grasp the communication and play-to-play responsibilities of Cincinnati’s defense; Murphy didn’t make much of an impact, even as his participation increased.

Sounds like the writer didn't watch anything Bengals related in 2023.  The Turner/Battle comments should be flippy flopped.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Sounds like the writer didn't watch anything Bengals related in 2023.  The Turner/Battle comments should be flippy flopped.

Exactly right. Writer is clueless…as usual. 

PFN Mock:

• 1.18: JC Latham, OT, Alabama
  • 2.49: Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
  • 3.80: Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
  • 3.97: Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State
  • 4.115: Mason McCormick, G, South Dakota State
  • 6.180: Ryan Flournoy, WR, SE Missouri State
  • 6.193: Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville
  • 6.194: Drake Nugent, C, Michigan
  • 6.214: Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame
  • 7.224: Fabien Lovett, DT, Florida State
  • 7.237: Omar Speights, LB, LSU

I wouldn't take a WR before day 3 unless Tee is traded but the rest is OK

No chance Fiske lasts until 80.  He's clearly the third 3T behind Murphy and Newton. 

I'm in a 32 GM mock at another site and so far have:

1 Amarius Mims

2 Ja'Tavion Sanders (Sweat went the pick in front of me, grr)

3a Devontez Walker

3b Kris Abrams-Draine

5 McKinnley Jackson

5 Audric Estime

We're in late 5th round at present. I offered Tee in trade to Giants and Panthers for their NTs but no takers. 

• Upvote 2

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-mock-draft-7-round-bengals-breakdown-terrion-arnold-ricky-pearsall/?itm_source=parsely-api

Latest ESPN Mock ☝️has us taking

1. CB Terrion Armstrong  Alabama

2. WR Rickey Pearsall  Florida

3. RB Jaylen Wright  Tennessee 

3. OT Blake Fisher Notre Dame

Huh?  And I call bullshit but could the thinking be the Bengals think they are set for a year with The Brown Towers

on either side of the line?  Want someone who can start right away rather than a red shirt OT with a big salary?

Whatever and no disrespect to anyone, I like this stuff, too, but lets cut to the chase and get to the draft.

43 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-mock-draft-7-round-bengals-breakdown-terrion-arnold-ricky-pearsall/?itm_source=parsely-api

Latest ESPN Mock ☝️has us taking

1. CB Terrion Armstrong  Alabama

2. WR Rickey Pearsall  Florida

3. RB Jaylen Wright  Tennessee 

3. OT Blake Fisher Notre Dame

Huh?  And I call bullshit but could the thinking be the Bengals think they are set for a year with The Brown Towers

on either side of the line?  Want someone who can start right away rather than a red shirt OT with a big salary?

Whatever and no disrespect to anyone, I like this stuff, too, but lets cut to the chase and get to the draft.

If thats our draft I'll hold a lottery for a chance to take potshots at whoever made these picks. I'll make a mint.

• Upvote 1

These mocks always seem to get kind of random right before the draft. Smoke screen bullshit leaked by the teams, media overthinking picks, IDK.

I'd like to say waiting until the bottom of the 3rd to address the OL is a sign of that craziness, but after watching them skip it entirely in the last draft I'm not so certain.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, spicoli said:

Punter

Agreed.   Robbins underwhelmed, don't know where Cristman ended up.  Why not draft a punter in Rd 7 and also bring a vet like Marquette King in to make it a decent competition?

PS - King is a bazillion years old but is still kicking the hell out of the ball. This season he's in the UFL in Arlington and went 2-111 today including a 62-yarder. His presence alone would make Robbins and draft kid work their butts off.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

^ I particularly enjoyed this 'Boomer' take ...

IMG_20240330_220827.jpg

IMG_20240330_220635.jpg

My father did that in 1944–except he was 22 the year before, and was co-piloting B-17’s while dodging flak and Messerschmitts. 

Have at it, Caleb….lots of 22-year olds gave their all so you would have the freedom to look like a damn fool. 

• Like 3