21 hours ago, dex said:

Wonder if the Bengals would pass on a prospect because his agent is very difficult to deal with? 

I would. Mulugheta is a POS and I can't find record of the Bengals ever reaching a negotiated contract with any of his clients. It's personal with him at this point.

If I was Mike Brown I would ban him from the stadium with a restraining order.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I could see Murphy going #8 to Atlanta and everyone saying they reached. But to me, he's a better prospect than Dallas Turner who most mocks have them taking. 

Same here. He’s not Aaron Donald, but I think he could have a huge impact as an inside presence on the DL. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I would. Mulugheta is a POS and I can't find record of the Bengals ever reaching a negotiated contract with any of his clients. It's personal with him at this point.

If I was Mike Brown I would ban him from the stadium with a restraining order.

All draft picks are slotted. There is little, if any room for negotiation. Even this dickbag can’t monkey with it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

All draft picks are slotted. There is little, if any room for negotiation. Even this dickbag can’t monkey with it 

This is thinking ahead to an extension contract down the road. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Bengals should take Estime with one of their 3rd Rd picks. Can't risk waiting longer. 

Agree 100%. That 3rd round comp pick seems like the perfect opportunity. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

2 teams that could take possibly Murphy - Minnesota at 11 and Denver at 12 - are also trying to move up to get a QB. Minnesota has 2 number ones as a starting point. Denver doesn't have a lot of draft capital, but there's been talk that Patrick Surtain could be available. Both Arizona and the Chargers could use an elite CB. I also wonder if Penix could be an option for one of these teams if they can't trade up into the top 5.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we should take a RB before the 5th round. We have 5 picks in the top 115 (our 4th rounder) and need to find a RT, NT, WR, IOL, and CB with them. Or maybe a TE too. There will be decent RB options on day 3. I'd be happy with Estime in round 5 but not in round 3 and probably not in round 4. 

If Murphy is off the board before 18, it's not the end of the world. Dehner had a piece hyping him up but our bigger need is at NT and we can get one of those in the mid-rounds. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Full mock by 33rd team 

FB_IMG_1713631895353.jpg

Not a fan of that mock. Starting with Mims is fine. Pick 49 seems a bit early for Pearsall though he probably won't make it to 80. He'd be a replacement for Boyd but not really a potential replacement for Tee. No thanks to Carter at 80. He's a tweener who is average vs the run at the college level but will be overwhelmed in the NFL. Sinnott at 97 is good value but I'll guess he doesn't make it there in the real thing. Bortolini is a great athlete and good pass protector but not a good run blocker. We could do worse but maybe do better later. We don't need a safety at all in this draft. Then a couple more DTs and a pair of marginal CBs. How about a LB in there, or a RB, maybe a punter too? 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Not a fan of that mock. Starting with Mims is fine. Pick 49 seems a bit early for Pearsall though he probably won't make it to 80. He'd be a replacement for Boyd but not really a potential replacement for Tee. No thanks to Carter at 80. He's a tweener who is average vs the run at the college level but will be overwhelmed in the NFL. Sinnott at 97 is good value but I'll guess he doesn't make it there in the real thing. Bortolini is a great athlete and good pass protector but not a good run blocker. We could do worse but maybe do better later. We don't need a safety at all in this draft. Then a couple more DTs and a pair of marginal CBs. How about a LB in there, or a RB, maybe a punter too? 

With the new kickoff rules in place, LBs for special team units will likely be a focus in rounds 6-7. I wouldn't mind another late round punter to challenge Robbins either. Should also take a stab at a nose tackle or two late, even if they might be available after the draft as an UDFA. Last year the Bengals got outbid on most of their priority free agents. Unless they plan to spend more money this year, they will have to draft them late or risk being outbid.

• Upvote 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nfl-draft-top-10-offensive-line-prospects-anchored-by-stars-from-penn-state-notre-dame-154407744.html

Top Ten Offensive Linemen   ... interesting take,

Cheat sheet:

1. Fashanu

2. Alt

3. Latham

4. Fautanu

5. Mims

6. Barton

7. Fuaga

8.Suamataia

9. Morgan

10. Powers-Johnson

I would love to get Powers-Johnson if for no other reason than to screw over the Stealers

• Upvote 1

There was some recent talk about Fashanu sliding down some, but I don't believe it. Alt and Fashunu are the two top pure left tackles, no projection necessary there, I think Fashanu goes no later than pick 14 to New Orleans.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nfl-draft-top-10-offensive-line-prospects-anchored-by-stars-from-penn-state-notre-dame-154407744.html

Top Ten Offensive Linemen   ... interesting take,

Cheat sheet:

1. Fashanu

2. Alt

3. Latham

4. Fautanu

5. Mims

6. Barton

7. Fuaga

8.Suamataia

9. Morgan

10. Powers-Johnson

I would love to get Powers-Johnson if for no other reason than to screw over the Stealers

I would love to get Fuaga to screw them but they'll get a good lineman regardless.

• Upvote 1