9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

With 10 picks the Bengals need to be willing to move up. But you can really only trade for a pick that's on the clock once you know who you can select with it. So don't expect any pre draft trades. 

If there is an OT run and the Bengals will lose out on all the top 5-6 ... They have to be willing to package picks and be aggressive. 

I cannot handle watching Mims throw Myles Murphy around like a rag doll for the next 5 years in a Squeelers uniform. 

Per my previous post... I am more worried about Jackson Powers-Jackson doing this and he will be there waiting when the Steals make their pick.

As far as trades, I think that is more likely to happen for us in Round 2.

Our 49 plus the freebee second third rounder to move up... for a slider.

• Upvote 1

There are 8 OT's that could go in the first round:

Prospects Grade Position Class
JC Latham headshot
ALABAMA
6.71 OT Junior
Joe Alt headshot
NOTRE DAME
6.49 OT Junior
Taliese Fuaga headshot
OREGON STATE
6.48 OT Senior
Troy Fautanu headshot
WASHINGTON
6.47 OT Senior
Olumuyiwa Fashanu headshot
PENN STATE
6.45 OT R-Junior
Amarius Mims headshot
GEORGIA
6.42 OT Junior
Tyler Guyton headshot
OKLAHOMA
6.41 OT R-Junior
Jordan Morgan headshot
ARIZONA
6.36 OT Senior

If the Bengals get any of these guys in the first round I would consider it a win, they need an RT and this is the draft to take one early. 

Blake Fisher is a another guy that could go in the first round, but he's raw from a technique perspective but physically gifted...he's going to need some refinement on his technique and that's something I haven't seen our coaching staff do when it comes to developing young players. 

• Upvote 1

If true re OT and if 4-5 QBs go in the first half too… that would potentially leave guys like Murphy or even one of the elite WRs available… like Odunze. Here’s 19 names, including 5 QBs, 5 Ts, and 4 WRs who could all go in the top 20. Depending on the order, or if there’s someone unanticipated like Barton or Powers-Johnson who slips in there… could be a find for the Bengals. Ya never know. 

QB - 5 - Caleb, Daniels, Maye, Penix, McCarthy

WR - 4 - Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas 

TE - 1 - Bowers

OL - 6 -  Alt, Fashanu, Fautanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims

DL - 2 - Turner, Murphy 

DB - 2 - Arnold, Mitchell 

• Upvote 1

Saw somewhere on X (Dan Graziano of NFLN, maybe) that the Bengals are aggressively trying to move up in round 1. This is lying season... would understand it if true, but still wouldn't expect it to happen. Especially for a T since they have Brown  x 2. 

3 hours ago, texbengal said:

If true re OT and if 4-5 QBs go in the first half too… that would potentially leave guys like Murphy or even one of the elite WRs available… like Odunze. Here’s 19 names, including 5 QBs, 5 Ts, and 4 WRs who could all go in the top 20. Depending on the order, or if there’s someone unanticipated like Barton or Powers-Johnson who slips in there… could be a find for the Bengals. Ya never know. 

TE - 1 - Bowers

DL - 2 - Turner, Murphy 

This news could possibly cause Thomas to slide out of the top 20.

4 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Saw somewhere on X (Dan Graziano of NFLN, maybe) that the Bengals are aggressively trying to move up in round 1. This is lying season... would understand it if true, but still wouldn't expect it to happen. Especially for a T since they have Brown  x 2. 

"The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up," Graziano wrote. "They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot and could stand to bolster the line, but they may need to move up to get someone in that tier. Otherwise, watch for Cincinnati to bolster the interior of its defensive line following the offseason departure of defensive tackle DJ Reader via free agency."

14 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

That's got to be mis-information.  Why would John Schneider reveal that type of information that could leak out to anyone?  Makes zero sense.

That comes from the player's agent. Same thing with the claim that Mims and Thomas are moving up team's boards. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texbengal said:

TE - 1 - Bowers

DL - 2 - Turner, Murphy 

I think Verse and maybe Latu will go before pick 18. 

58 minutes ago, dex said:

"The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up," Graziano wrote. "They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot."

... Imagine the Bengals trade up with Bowers on the board and the draft party at Paycor goes wild and starts chanting "Bow errs, Bow errs!" and then they read "JC Latham" off the card. 🫠💀

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

That comes from the player's agent. Same thing with the claim that Mims and Thomas are moving up team's boards. 

The team tells the agent “that thier player is one of the ones under consideration” and the agent hears “the team is picking my guy”

25 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... Imagine the Bengals trade up with Bowers on the board and the draft party at Paycor goes wild and starts chanting "Bow errs, Bow errs!" and then they read "JC Latham" off the card. 🫠💀

This. 

32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think Verse and maybe Latu will go before pick 18. 

Both good players and especially with the need for pressure guys, they always get pushed up.

Like Latu a lot especially and I know his injury history scares some teams, even though he supposedly got a clean bill of health. Fun to watch and definitely a play maker. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The team tells the agent “that thier player is one of the ones under consideration” and the agent hears “the team is picking my guy”

Teams surely aren't talking to agents right now, they have to be talking to the players themselves. Why would teams waste time talking to agents with the rookie salary structure locked into place? Would make no sense. 

47 minutes ago, dex said:

Teams surely aren't talking to agents right now, they have to be talking to the players themselves. Why would teams waste time talking to agents with the rookie salary structure locked into place? Would make no sense. 

I would think the opposite - agents would want to control conversations so they would be set up via the agent. And agents and teams can talk about current players as well so I would assume conversations of many types happen and morph into other topics. 

14 minutes ago, JC said:

Fuaga!

saw that too… Schrager is pretty plugged in, even though all the QBs that early looks a little suspect.

Fuaga would be a nice get. And Latham gone at pick 5 and Alt to 11 would be something. That’s the earliest I’ve seen anywhere, and first time I’ve seen Latham over Alt. 

1 hour ago, JC said:

Fuaga!

The Chiefs trading up for Mims right after the Bengals is nightmare fuel. Then he goes on to the Hall of Fame with Kermit and a trivia question becomes "Who chose right before that pick?" 

It reminds me of when the Bengals took John Ross with the pick right before Mahomes was drafted. 🫠

18 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Chiefs trading up for Mims right after the Bengals is nightmare fuel. Then he goes on to the Hall of Fame with Kermit and a trivia question becomes "Who chose right before that pick?" 

It reminds me of when the Bengals took John Ross with the pick right before Mahomes was drafted. 🫠

Mims has a lot of question marks, I would love this draft as Fuaga is the best-case scenario for the Bengals...he's a nasty, glass-ending SOB that would protect his uso Burrow for a decade plus. 

19 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Not the first round but my draft nightmare is Carman over Creed Humphrey,

• Upvote 1