Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

So, I won 4 tickets to the Columbus Fury game (Professional Women’s Volleyball) for Monday’s game. The word I had to text to win them: Burrow. (Joe Burrow is an investor on this league.) 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Let me guess: this isn’t the same volleyball they play at Flannigan’s on Sawmill Road? 🙂

Hardly. 

Speaking of volleyball at Flanagan’s Pub: Sad but true story. We had a long time neighbor 3 doors down from us. Nice guy-Browns and Indians fan. We’d see him walking his dogs and he would stop by our yard sales every year and he and hubby would talk sports. He ran a business out of his house, so we would save our padded mailers for him to reuse. Anyway, a few years ago, he was playing volleyball at Flanagan’s one really warm Labor Day, had a heart attack, and died. He was in his early 60’s. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Hardly. 

Speaking of volleyball at Flanagan’s Pub: Sad but true story. We had a long time neighbor 3 doors down from us. Nice guy-Browns and Indians fan. We’d see him walking his dogs and he would stop by our yard sales every year and he and hubby would talk sports. He ran a business out of his house, so we would save our padded mailers for him to reuse. Anyway, a few years ago, he was playing volleyball at Flanagan’s one really warm Labor Day, had a heart attack, and died. He was in his early 60’s. 

That’s a sad account. As the years have edged on, I have kept a sober view of high-exertion activities. I’m not 20..or even 40 any longer. Trying to compete in something like sand volleyball, is not in the best interest. Or pickup basketball. I mean, I golf a lot—walking—but that isn’t sprinting or that sort of thing. 

Not totally washed, and still give some of the old activities a go periodically. As the late, great, Toby Keith said: “I ain’t as good as I once was…but I’m as good once as I ever was”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

That’s a sad account. As the years have edged on, I have kept a sober view of high-exertion activities. I’m not 20..or even 40 any longer. Trying to compete in something like sand volleyball, is not in the best interest. Or pickup basketball. I mean, I golf a lot—walking—but that isn’t sprinting or that sort of thing. 

Not totally washed, and still give some of the old activities a go periodically. As the late, great, Toby Keith said: “I ain’t as good as I once was…but I’m as good once as I ever was”

I will turn 70 in December and just love playing soccer, including in tournaments around the country.  I may very well drop dead while playing, but at least I will be doing something I love.  

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I will turn 70 in December and just love playing soccer, including in tournaments around the country.  I may very well drop dead while playing, but at least I will be doing something I love.  

That’s what our neighbor did. He died doing something he loved. I quit playing softball some years back, but would like to get back into it. I still do 8-10 mile bike rides when the weather is cooperative. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Nothing I love more than footy. I wish I had come across it when younger, but the sport was virtually unknown around my parts in the late ‘60’s/early ‘70’s. Good on ya for still doing it.

Glad I did find golf, though. While not an aerobic sort of thing, it’s still a nice 3-4 mile walk over hill and dale a few times a week 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Playing soccer at your age is remarkable..

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Nothing I love more than footy. I wish I had come across it when younger, but the sport was virtually unknown around my parts in the late ‘60’s/early ‘70’s. Good on ya for still doing it.

Glad I did find golf, though. While not an aerobic sort of thing, it’s still a nice 3-4 mile walk over hill and dale a few times a week 

Your getting plenty of exercise in what your doing.

I played tennis but knees on hard courts caught up with me years ago 

Miss it..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Your getting plenty of exercise in what your doing.

I played tennis but knees on hard courts caught up with me years ago 

Miss it..

Best low impact exercise you can do is swim

• Upvote 2