AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

3 minutes ago, saphead said:

I kinda don't mind the Lions losing that one like that. You need to experience real pain before you get to the mountain top. 

Lions have had a numbing pain for over 50 yrs..

Just another pain to add to it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

AFC going to be tougher than ever to even reach the playoffs.

Keep Joe upright & find someone that can hold the fort in place of Reader until either he reclaims it or a draft pick takes over.

Id be looking at a vet safety too but I'm confident the first two are enough to get us back there.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I think he has CTE from his playing days ...

IMG_20240129_050329.jpg

He should. Situational football.  Chiefs scored 3, you would have scored 3.  Still 3 scores up and 8 minutes off clock. Not scoring opened the window wider. 

• Upvote 2

Poor Dan…how does he answer the “regrets” question? If he says “I screwed up…it’s on me”, then someone has to follow up “why didn’t they succeed?”, which throws his equally idiotic play calling for the situations. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Keep Joe upright & find someone that can hold the fort in place of Reader until either he reclaims it or a draft pick takes over.

Id be looking at a vet safety too but I'm confident the first two are enough to get us back there.

Win in the trenches as they say

11 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Boogar’s best impersonation of Captain Obvious. 🤨

Even Mrs. Cricket recognized the stupidity of passing up the FG attempt to go up three scores.  

[In Dan Campbell’s defense, there were two or three fairly easy catches that his receivers failed to haul in that would have made a huge difference, including on that specific 4th-down play.]

Campbell:  All balls, no brains.  Kind of like the Brett Favre of coaching.  Favre won one, so might Campbell.

Ravens:  All bravado and emotion.  No brains.  Even with Lamar playing crappy they had a chance to win.  They blew it with penalties, fumbles, you name it.  All of them losing their minds.  No composure, just embarrassing.  Reminds me of the Bengals in Marvin's playoff days.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

In my playing around with mocks - I have started to draft OL with the top 3 picks lol. It would never happen but man would that be a statement

• Upvote 1

After reviewing the strengths of DET, it is astounding what they actually did all year long. And, on both sides of the ball, it was up front that sprung both facets. 

Enough has been said about Sewell and Ragnow, but they were solid at both guards and the LT also. They wanted to run a lot all year, and they did. Their two RB’s fit perfectly into the scheme. And I can’t give enough praise for LaPorta—guy is Kelce-like. They could use another impact WR or two—although St Brown is a gamer. 

Good defensive line too, but could use some more push. Hutchinson played like a maniac yesterday, but didn’t do much. 

They could get better. Or they could disappear. They are in a division that is really up and down, so who knows? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

After reviewing the strengths of DET, it is astounding what they actually did all year long. And, on both sides of the ball, it was up front that sprung both facets. 

Enough has been said about Sewell and Ragnow, but they were solid at both guards and the LT also. They wanted to run a lot all year, and they did. Their two RB’s fit perfectly into the scheme. And I can’t give enough praise for LaPorta—guy is Kelce-like. They could use another impact WR or two—although St Brown is a gamer. 

Good defensive line too, but could use some more push. Hutchinson played like a maniac yesterday, but didn’t do much. 

They could get better. Or they could disappear. They are in a division that is really up and down, so who knows? 

Alot will depend on what the Vikings do with Jefferson and Cousins if they can come back or not. Jordan Love came on strong by the end of the year so the Lions will have to compete with at least them in that division from now on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In my playing around with mocks - I have started to draft OL with the top 3 picks lol. It would never happen but man would that be a statement

Probably not but it probably should. If they can ignore the OL completely despite the obvious need then IDK. Hard to believe an NFL franchise could be risk averse to the point of doing nothing instead but that's sure what it looked like.

"This long time employee keeps screwing up this vital task that's crucial to our success so we're just not doing that anymore. No, I mean the task. It'll be fine. No we can't fire him, he whistles every day and that'd make me sad."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Hutchinson was shutout yesterday.

O tackles.

49ers RT out the clamps on him all game long.