In the "dogs that didn't bark in the night" category, it seems like it's all quiet on the Jonah Williams front.

I hope the Bengals plan isn't to wait him out til his price drops, then re-sign him.

We should have outbid the Giants for Eluemunor. Now we can sign a Fleming or Fant or Becton but will still have to use an early pick on a RT. 

We should give up on Reader if his price is 15 mil or higher. That's as much as he made last year when he was healthy and a year younger. We can go after an A'Shawn Robinson or Sheldon Rankins. They're solid vets who will be cheaper than Reader and let us draft a DT at our convenience instead of need. 

21 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals were not going to pay him that. Good luck Chido ...

IMG_20240312_021707.jpg

He was a great pickup and overall, played really well… until last year. Might have been rust/coming back from the injury… or maybe he just fell off the cliff.

But good for him, getting another big bag. I wouldn’t have paid that, but I have no doubt he’ll be a great locker room guy and hopefully he’ll get back to playing well. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

In the "dogs that didn't bark in the night" category, it seems like it's all quiet on the Jonah Williams front.

I hope the Bengals plan isn't to wait him out til his price drops, then re-sign him.

We should have outbid the Giants for Eluemunor. Now we can sign a Fleming or Fant or Becton but will still have to use an early pick on a RT. 

We should give up on Reader if his price is 15 mil or higher. That's as much as he made last year when he was healthy and a year younger. We can go after an A'Shawn Robinson or Sheldon Rankins. They're solid vets who will be cheaper than Reader and let us draft a DT at our convenience instead of need. 

right… eerily silent re Jonah. Wouldn’t be the worst thing to have him back… he’s not great but he’s solid, and finding someone reliable protecting JB who knows the offense and helps with continuity isn’t to be discounted.

With Elemunour and Onwenu signed and the pickings pretty slim, if he’s not too pricey, I’d bring him back. Bechton is interesting but man, he gets hurt a lot. 

• Upvote 1

Mixon did a lot of good things here and when the team sucked, he still played hard and was a positive influence in the locker room. 

But it was time to move on and I like Moss a lot. More explosive than Joe at this stage. Hope Joe is able to keep playing for awhile… he had a really nice career in Cincinnati, to his credit 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Zack Moss is a downgrade. But Joe can go get his yards behind a good Oline now.

Probably need to draft a guy, but TBH this year's RB class isn't that great.

agreed on the RB class in the draft, but I think Moss is an upgrade as a runner at this stage. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Zack Moss is a downgrade. But Joe can go get his yards behind a good Oline now.

Probably need to draft a guy, but TBH this year's RB class isn't that great.

I think its an upgrade for cheaper

RB Age Overall Running Receiving P Block R Block Snaps Starts 23/Career Stats Notes ELU
Mixon-Bengals 28 71.1 73.8 68.8 29.7 59.9 751 17/88 257-1034-4-9; 52-376-7.2-3 6'1 220 39
Moss-Colts 26 66.9 72.8 43.9 60.4 57.4 531 8/11 183-794-4.3-5; 27-192-7.1-2 5'9 205 55.6