5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He's no dancing bear for sure but he does command doubled and help free up the other DT to pressure from within.

At the college level.  He won't get by just being bigger than everyone in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

They don’t necessarily have to get another big guy to hold up against the run. They just need guys who can shoot gaps and less Zach Carter honestly. He was on the field for some absurd amount of their long runs given up.

There was a graphic floating around today showing quite a few teams in the NFL don’t have a guy over 310 and were in the top 10 in stopping the run. They just need two more decent to good bodies to get a good rotation going.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

At the college level.  He won't get by just being bigger than everyone in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So you think he won't be doubled?

38 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Trade Dax Hill for a NT? (since the S room is full and stacked now) 

Bengals don't have many pieces they can move for a DT, as it will only leave another hole. 

LOL...what...no...crazy man...why would we trade a former first-round pick that has played well enough and has a future on this team when they can sign or draft a NT. 

44 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If the Bengals can't find another DT, I really think it pushes Sweat way up their draft board. Maybe even to 18. 

I don't think the Bengals or any NFL team takes that approach to the draft, where they move a guy up their draft board because of who they are not able to sign in FA. If they did that they would over draft players consistently, which doesn't help the player or the team. A player gets a draft grade that is determined by their ability and production during college, not by who the team was able to sign in FA. It's called staying true to the draft board, doing what you are suggesting would get you fired. 

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The word on Tart was that he was cut in Tenn because he was lazy and not wanting to put in effort. Sounds like his interview didn't make them feel that wasn't true.

Not surprised that he's getting a bad rap, getting released by 2 teams in one season isn't a good look. Both teams need DTs and one team released him and another team didn't bother to bring him back, similar to Becton but not worse..imo. 

• Upvote 2

How about this - Byron Murphy lined up more in the A gap than he did B gap the last two years.

That very well could be your Reader replacement. I have my doubts he’s going to make it though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

So you think he won't be doubled?

Actually I watched some highlights, he's got good feet and showed some moves.  He's not just out there being a boulder in the middle of the line, dude can pass rush or chase down RB's.  Showed some patience at times as well.  He looks persistent which I like to see from the DL, a lot of young guys will decide they're out of a play and jog it off.

He's still just a prospect & I think would definitely benefit from being in a rotation while he gets up to NFL conditioning, but I wouldn't hate it at #18.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Actually I watched some highlights, he's got good feet and showed some moves.  He's not just out there being a boulder in the middle of the line, dude can pass rush or chase down RB's.  Showed some patience at times as well.  He looks persistent which I like to see from the DL, a lot of young guys will decide they're out of a play and jog it off.

He's still just a prospect & I think would definitely benefit from being in a rotation while he gets up to NFL conditioning, but I wouldn't hate it at #18.

I want this guy as a Bengal.

Our Dline could take on any run game.

I believe you said you'd consider trading Tee for 33 and 38 from some team

Free to choose whoever in rd 1..

We could land Sweat at 33 and. receiver at 38 possibly .

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

My only concern with taking him at #18 is that he's run down only type of player and typically those guys aren't drafted in the first round, if he's there in the 2nd round then, yes, take him. 

Also, to your point these big guys get worn down as the season goes along, he needs to be apart of a deep rotation. The Eagles drafted Jordan Davis in the top 10 last year and by the end of the season he was useless because he was playing more snaps at a higher level than he had ever played in his life. 

3 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Haha. After effects of my trauma from not taking Dawand Jones last year, who I went on the record saying was worth a first. 

Yeah, I think he had a medical issue which is why he fell last year and he did end up getting hurt...Brown would be an ideal signing, but pairing him with a first-round rookie RT would be a huge get. 

Just sign him to a big 1 year deal, similar to Collins, with tons of incentives on playing time. 

Looks like Karras and Joey B are going back to Ruby's...it's a tough job but those steaks aren't going to eat themselves...lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

My only concern with taking him at #18 is that he's run down only type of player and typically those guys aren't drafted in the first round, if he's there in the 2nd round then, yes, take him. 

Also, to your point these big guys get worn down as the season goes along, he needs to be apart of a deep rotation. The Eagles drafted Jordan Davis in the top 10 last year and by the end of the season he was useless because he was playing more snaps at a higher level than he had ever played in his life. 

Yeah, I think he had a medical issue which is why he fell last year and he did end up getting hurt...Brown would be an ideal signing, but pairing him with a first-round rookie RT would be a huge get. 

Just sign him to a big 1 year deal, similar to Collins, with tons of incentives on playing time. 

Looks like Karras and Joey B are going back to Ruby's...it's a tough job but those steaks aren't going to eat themselves...lol

Agree with it all.

As for wearing down the big guy.

He's been in the league long enough to know how to contain energy thruout a game.

He's a pro not a rook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

What's the largest steak at Ruby's..😎

• Like 1

With this I think you can be more comfortable with Fuaga. Has experience at RT, but some worry about his lateral quickness to protect the edge. Those same pundits think he could be an all pro guard, and top 5 run blocker at the position day one. Seems like an ideal pick for us with someone like Trent brown here. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, alleycat said:

With this I think you can be more comfortable with Fuaga. Has experience at RT, but some worry about his lateral quickness to protect the edge. Those same pundits think he could be an all pro guard, and top 5 run blocker at the position day one. Seems like an ideal pick for us with someone like Trent brown here. 

Sign Brown for a year or even 2.

He starts until Lathem Mims or Fuaga are ready to start.

2 yr 15 mil 7.5

Think of it as

Year one starter....11mil

Year two backup....4mil.

Either way he helps the team hold down RT until a rook is ready to go full bore.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sign Brown for a year or even 2.

He starts until Lathem Mims or Fuaga are ready to start.

2 yr 15 mil 7.5

Think of it as

Year one starter....11mil

Year two backup....4mil.

Either way he helps the team hold down RT until a rook is ready to go full bore.

There are a few tackle guard types (including the kid from Washington, and maybe even Latham, you have to wonder if one might not even fall to 50. Or a developmental guy like Paul looks a lot more intriguing there. But yeah, anytime you can truly go after BPA in the first, whether that be a Bowers or a Murphy or Newton - or any falling star (WR?), really, it’s ideal. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe you said you'd consider trading Tee for 33 and 38 from some team

If you mean Tee for two 2nd round picks, yeah.  Not to move up 5 spots in the 2nd round.