5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I like the decision not to pursue Tart because something seemed off.

Same. He’s talented but sounds like he fell out of favor - in his contract year, no less - and got cut… and then Texans grabbed him but haven’t re-signed him and reportedly they wanted Rankins, an older guy who was also on their team, back instead. That says a lot, and Tart sounds like a knucklehead.

Saw a quote somewhere from Mike Vrabel that he told Tart going into last year that he had the opportunity to have a great year and provide long-term security for himself and his family.  Hasn’t worked out great for him. I’m sure he’ll get picked up somewhere but if the Bengals didn’t feel like he was a fit, good for them. 

Living in Johnathan Hankins play a lot, and he really helped the Cowboys’ interior run D. He’s an older guy, but I’d consider him for a 1-year deal.

Also with the draft coming up, I’m sure we will see more cuts leading up to training camp, so there will be others. 

• Upvote 2

This was on a Pats site, pre-FA. It was curious they only mentioned 2 outside teams as landing spots—the Bengals and Saints. There was also no ruling out a return to the Pats. Did find this commentary curious: 

What is his projected free agency outcome? Brown’s free agency will always be an interesting case. When he’s healthy and locked in, he can be a dominant tackle with left and right side versatility. But as seen in 2023, that is not always the case. While Brown has said he’s not opposed to a return, and it shouldn't be ruled out, it currently seems like a split is in both sides’ best interest. Either way, a two-year deal around $16 million should be a fair range.

21 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Same. He’s talented but sounds like he fell out of favor - in his contract year, no less - and got cut… and then Texans grabbed him but haven’t re-signed him and reportedly they wanted Rankins, an older guy who was also on their team, back instead. That says a lot, and Tart sounds like a knucklehead.

Saw a quote somewhere from Mike Vrabel that he told Tart going into last year that he had the opportunity to have a great year and provide long-term security for himself and his family.  Hasn’t worked out great for him. I’m sure he’ll get picked up somewhere but if the Bengals didn’t feel like he was a fit, good for them. 

Living in Johnathan Hankins play a lot, and he really helped the Cowboys’ interior run D. He’s an older guy, but I’d consider him for a 1-year deal.

Also with the draft coming up, I’m sure we will see more cuts leading up to training camp, so there will be others. 

Yes more cuts on the he way.

Good point.

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

I guess I would rather a band aide than a gapping wound.  

I’d be more comfortable with the Tart “bandaid” than Becton. I don’t want to see Joe being protected by a turnstile. I’d be MUCH happier with Brown than Becton.