*** [RD 1] Bengals Select ~ AMARIUS MIMS, OT ***

From that article:

“This guy’s got all the tools -- he’s got great size, he’s got great power,” Saban said. “But it makes you wonder, how did the guy only start 8 [games?] Like, in the SEC championship game, he played only the first 15 plays of the game and then he’s out. Takes himself out. I don’t know what he injured, what he hurt, whatever. But you’ve got to be a little bit more consistent in your performance if you’re going to be a great player and a starter in the National Football League.”  - Nick Saban

How many guys has Saban pushed to play injured in these championship games and they're not quite right or able to properly train to start their NFL careers.  Doesn't he have a reputation for that?  Seems like he's trying to say he's soft to me but I'm not sure I'd put much weight on Saban's opinions of a competitor's player being out of a game due to an injury.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Leave it to Saban to call out a Bulldog.

Is he going to be some radical analyst now he's retired?

Maybe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's hilarious.  Honest question though....  I don't pay attention to Cowboys stuff online - Guyton didn't have a ton of experience.  Are they getting all the shit for that pick like the Bengals are? 

If Mims had gone to the Stealers, who were rumored to really like him, he'd have been considered a great pick.  So is the problem with the general perception of Mims or the Bengals?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That's a Bulldogs site. Enjoyed reading the Georgia fans reaction to the comments about Mims from the coach they call "Satan." They were not complimentary lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

When I hear the injury stuff, I go back and look at Anthony Munoz college career.

Dinged up a lot and look how he turned out.

And welcome back.

Thanks dude.

It seems fairly common now in college players. The only injuries that really worry me in a draft pick are multiple concussions and recurring joint or foot issues. People get hurt playing football. It's only when a team fails to prepare for it, or worse they keep starting the ones that get hurt every time they play football, that it becomes a problem. It's not something they can ignore or wish away.

• Upvote 2