#4!!!!!!

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:36 AM']What's even better is that we are rated higher than the Steelers!!!!!

Who-Dey!!
[right][post="158484"][/post][/right][/quote]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I love it.

Not to be a party pooper though, is anyone else concerned that we are 3-0 against 3 teams that are all 1-2?

I'm pumped at the margins of victory, and that makes me think we are real, we are hammering teams we probably should, but a win over a team with a winning record would be nice.

Of course, the Vikings could be better than their record right now, and the Browns gave Indy a good game.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jason' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:39 AM']I love it.

Not to be a party pooper though, is anyone else concerned that we are 3-0 against 3 teams that are all 1-2?

I'm pumped at the margins of victory, and that makes me think we are real, we are hammering teams we probably should, but a win over a team with a winning record would be nice. 

Of course, the Vikings could be better than their record right now, and the Browns gave Indy a good game.
[right][post="158489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

They could be 2-1 if it weren't for use pounding them into oblivion.

That's kind of silly to worry about right now. If the teams were 3-7, then I would be worried about their records.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:31 PM']With stars on offense, a good, young coach, and an opportunistic defense, the Bengals are suddenly the darlings of the NFL.

Bengals rule!!!!  :headbang:
[right][post="158479"][/post][/right][/quote]
I still want to see more from the defensive line...More sacks and more domination of the game..We are not going to get 5 turnovers every week...

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='schotzee' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:58 AM']I think we are definitely worthy of this ranking but don't really
like it!
[right][post="158505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Uh, why?

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:58 AM']I still want to see more from the defensive line...More sacks  and more domination of the game..We are not going to get 5 turnovers every week...
[right][post="158506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Defensive line is a huge reason why we are intercepting the ball.

After last night's loss by KC, we are 4th in the Sagarin ratings as well.

[url="http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/nflsend.htm"]http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/nflsend.htm[/url]

[Personally, I prefer computer rankings (like Sagarin) over "popularity" rankings. One drawback to computer rankings, however, is that they are not necessarily very "accurate" with limited data (just a few games). The RPI poll (one poll used by the NCAA for determining the teams in the basketball tournament) is usually downright laughable just a few games into the regular season.]

Who-Dey!

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:00 PM']Defensive line is a huge reason why we are intercepting the ball.
[right][post="158509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you are right sir...

anyone know where a link to stats that show qb hurries, knockdowns, and sacks is at... i'd be willing to bet we are high on all of those stats, besides sacks... int's aren't just from good db play...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:00 PM']Defensive line is a huge reason why we are intercepting the ball.
[right][post="158509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i think the defense should be getting a sack, fumble, AND and interception on every play, until then, they are the same ol bungles defense of old!!!

Guest schotzee
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:14 PM']i think the defense should be getting a sack, fumble, AND and interception on every play, until then, they are the same ol Bengals defense of old!!!
[right][post="158519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Agreed:: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jason' date='Sep 27 2005, 10:39 AM']I love it.

[right][post="158489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have two main concerns. 1) I would like to see our run defense buckle down and 2) Fix the penalty situation. Both of these are entirely correctable and I think they will be. When that happens (homerism aside), I'm not sure who could beat us???

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:14 PM']i think the defense should be getting a sack, fumble, AND and interception on every play, until then, they are the same ol Bengals defense of old!!!
[right][post="158519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Archived