F* the Bengals

Sorry, man. I spent years bashing Andy, and this is the first game this season I really got to watch most of it live and I cannot lay the blame at his feet. This line is fucking horrendous. Absolutely terrible. Not only are they one of the worst in the league in run blocking, but there is a 10% chance Andy has time to go through his progressions any passing down. When he gets a smidge of time, he's typically on point. Don't by the 2nd half shit either. We haven't lost by huge most games, so I don't wanna hear prevent defense nonsense. They showed that Andy is completing at 80% in the 4th quarter this season, AKA the highest of anyone in the league. He steps up when he has to. He can't step up every damn position though.

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Now will you guys agree we are rebuilding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its fucked up though because if we approached the positions most of us agreed we needed to touch on in the offseason, we could have at least stayed on pace from last season until Eifert came back. But didn't do much at WR. I mean, they showed some life today, but they're not on the same page as Andy was with MJ. LBs fucking suck, but once again we don't even try to fix that problem. We let REggie go because we're allergic to a little bit of age. The middle of both lines are fucking terrible. The o-line, its been a problem for years now. The d-line....oh wait....problem for years too. You have Geno busting his ass then Domata being old and slow and fucking done. This team doesnt have the right leaders in place and it wont until MB hires a GM with balls who won't take 0-7 for a fucking answer. MB needs to GTFO. If that technigally means Katie now, then shit, she should probably leave it to people who know what the fuck they're doing anyways.

Yeah, you're turning a profit. But spoiler alert: If you're winning, you'll turn a bigger profit.

Im not bashing Dalton he is a good QB. I just saying we need better. Yeah that's great he lead the league in that one stat. I just saying shake things up try something that was working at the end of last season. Nothing is working this season.  Even the two wins the offense was barely working and we won by kicking field goals.    We need better.

Dalton is not the problem. In no shape or form. We don't need better at QB. The more you say that, the less credibility you have, at least with me. We may need some shake up but we are set at QB for years. 

I really question the IQ of some on here. Just amazing. Now with Ben going down and our schedule easing up some, we have a real shot to get back in this. 

Quit being Pussies, man the fuck up and so on. 

I am manning up and saying I have seen enough of the Dalton era. Six years of 17 to 20 points in big games is as good as its going to get. 

If we lose to the Turds next week its all over. Our season the Marv era the Dalton era Pacman era continually making the post season, the turnaround from the horiffic 90's. 

Its  all over if we go down to the Turds which is very fucking possible they just put 26 today on a good Titans defense. I can't remember last time we had four touchdowns in a game.

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

On a side note.  The last kick off before halftime over the speaker system Gillette Stadium was blaring  "Your Love" by The Outfield.  It damn near put me to sleep at home and clearly knocked the Bengals out cold.  

Yeh wtf was that?  Some kind of broke-dick Masshole tradition?

Another wtf non-football comic relief moment:  During the color bit where Herm from accounting and his bowling buddies were traipsing through the woods in their Minuteman costumes,  one of the announcers made a comment about "losing this time" apparently thinking those were British troops.  You see any red coats around here bud?

They did make lots of stops. That was one mistake that cost one touchdown. Our offense never answered after that for the rest of the game!!!!!  The defense isn't robots their going to get worn down at the end of games when overplayed and we see what happens. We got Gronk jizzing all over the field shaking his hips and jumping up and down like a 10 year old bully. When the offense never answers the game is over no matter how well the defense would've played.
The defense could've stopped them every time after that and we still would've lost!    Our offense came out with four flat tires in the 2nd and left the defense on the field to get worn down and ultimately embarrassed.

My point is any defense would've gotten shredded today by the Pats with the minuscule help from the offense.

Our offense is averaging shit by NFL standards. We can't bust above 17 this season its ridiculous

Its fucked up though because if we approached the positions most of us agreed we needed to touch on in the offseason, we could have at least stayed on pace from last season until Eifert came back. But didn't do much at WR. I mean, they showed some life today, but they're not on the same page as Andy was with MJ. LBs fucking suck, but once again we don't even try to fix that problem. We let REggie go because we're allergic to a little bit of age. The middle of both lines are fucking terrible. The o-line, its been a problem for years now. The d-line....oh wait....problem for years too. You have Geno busting his ass then Domata being old and slow and fucking done. This team doesnt have the right leaders in place and it wont until MB hires a GM with balls who won't take 0-7 for a fucking answer. MB needs to GTFO. If that technigally means Katie now, then shit, she should probably leave it to people who know what the fuck they're doing anyways.

Yeah, you're turning a profit. But spoiler alert: If you're winning, you'll turn a bigger profit.

Yeah I've said it many times here about future hall of famers Atkin's & Green playing on a small market losing mentality team their entire careers. It sucks for them big time. Making the top 100 every season means shit when the rest of your team blows

Sorry, man. I spent years bashing Andy, and this is the first game this season I really got to watch most of it live and I cannot lay the blame at his feet. This line is fucking horrendous. Absolutely terrible. Not only are they one of the worst in the league in run blocking, but there is a 10% chance Andy has time to go through his progressions any passing down. When he gets a smidge of time, he's typically on point. Don't by the 2nd half shit either. We haven't lost by huge most games, so I don't wanna hear prevent defense nonsense. They showed that Andy is completing at 80% in the 4th quarter this season, AKA the highest of anyone in the league. He steps up when he has to. He can't step up every damn position though.

Your are correct sir. Dalton has finally come around. We blew it during the 2 minute drive. Instead of sticking with what worked. We only sent 4. WTF Brady feasted on that and had time to go through his progressions!

17 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yeah in the 1st half.......2nd half he blew balls..... If he didn't get super lucky and that pick wasn't dropped their would be a lot more that agree with me..... WTF did he do in the second half??????  That pick would've ended the game in the 3rd qtr he got real fucking lucky.

However every QB carries their team that the job of the QB.. Dalton drops the team in the 2nd half of every gosh damn game......I've seen enough. Whats it been 5 or 6 years?  He has carried us as far as he can lets see how far a different option can carry the team.  Please...and with a new OC to call the plays.

Wasnt all on just Dalton though. He didn't have anywhere near the time or space to step into his throws in the 2nd half like he did the 1st as evidenced by Ced finally getting benched. That along with the run game not being anywhere close to as effective in 2nd half as it was early along with the Pats putting up poinys quick put them in a position a lot where NE could t-off on the pass rush. Got bad enough where at times Andy was quick to have pitter patter feet at times it wasnt needed. Not all his fault. That 3rd down throw to Green he dropped in the bucket on 2nd td drive to take lead was a thing of beauty in 2nd half. He was dropping dimes yesterday and the int drop was late and almost picked because he was being tripped from behind and didn't get any mustard on it. Still wasnt a good choice but he had to try to make something happen and was on the run as was common last 20 min. It's the last 20 min of game offense was feeling they had to throw to respond is when the offense went downhill. One good thing was at least line wasnt getting blown up even the safety you could prob put on Hill maybe Boling. It was Hill that went to wrong guy but Boling was late picking up delay but he may of assumed Hill had him and didn't see Hill with him on the left til late so who knows it was on one of em though. The 2 guys on the oline that got physically beat alot got injured and benched. The rest that get beat it's always on stunts and delays which can be fixed that means you fucking Paul Alexander. How you coach for 30 damn years and your teams still giving up basic shit like that week in and out and you still have a job is perplexing to me but it can be fixed. Crazy how a guy much smaller than Hill in Gio is that much of a better pass protrctor but whatever the issue can be fixed and hopefully in coming weeks it is with the guys being physically abused game in and out finally not playing. Maybe the pass pro and run game gets on track was nice to see Boyd get involved thats a good sign as well. Eifert comes back in old form which doesnt seem likely but then maybe we get going all I know is lose to Cleveland this week and it's a wrap for me. I'll watch the games rest of year but I'll be writing the rest of the season off no doubt.

When you go on the road and play a team like the Patriots, you've got to play a near-perfect game or get really lucky.  Neither of those things happened.

There was some bad calls - really bad calls, in fact - that Cincinnati wasn't able to overcome.  That's the story of this ballgame.  The Ogbuehi phantom hold call was huge.  The iffy hold against Adam Jones was a big one, too, particularly when you look at it up against a couple BS PI/holding non-calls that went against the Bengals.  

Im sick of the passive Marvin shit too. Ill criticize him here and there especially for clock management wasted time outs or team not being prepared like the 10 day layoff for Cowboys or horrible record after byes playoff games and prime time games. The record speaks for itself and it being that bad is not a coincedence. The body of work is way to large to be. That said you cam check I've never said he needs to go yada yada yada because after going through the 90s I think I was just to content with him helping get us out of the gutter. Well after that punt on 4th at the end of the game (that NE took and scored any damn way) the no balls pussified attitude at top needs to change. In the 15 years hes been here I cant remember one time him getting mad or throwing a fit at horrendous calls or no calls. Almost to point it seems he will be taken advantage of because he allows it to happen. Almost as if he doesnt care I know he does but 99% of the time he sure doesnt seem like it. Attitude reflects leadership so can't elget mad at players like Burfict and Jones when they're litterally being screwed over and their leader that should be fighting for them never does. A non emotional leader in an emotional sport can be good don't get me wrong but not always and it's time for someone with more fire in their belly like Zim had. Fiery aggressive no fluff or filler just honest brutally if need be let's you know where you stand no matter what but still loved by all players that will show he will go to war for his players not just sit back and take it like Marv does. Thank you for all you've done for our beloved Bengals Marv but I think we all know it's time to move along.

2 minutes ago, StripesEarned said:

Im sick of the passive Marvin shit too. Ill criticize him here and there especially for clock management wasted time outs or team not being prepared like the 10 day layoff for Cowboys or horrible record after byes playoff games and prime time games. The record speaks for itself and it being that bad is not a coincedence. The body of work is way to large to be. That said you cam check I've never said he needs to go yada yada yada because after going through the 90s I think I was just to content with him helping get us out of the gutter. Well after that punt on 4th at the end of the game (that NE took and scored any damn way) the no balls pussified attitude at top needs to change. In the 15 years hes been here I cant remember one time him getting mad or throwing a fit at horrendous calls or no calls. Almost to point it seems he will be taken advantage of because he allows it to happen. Almost as if he doesnt care I know he does but 99% of the time he sure doesnt seem like it. Attitude reflects leadership so can't elget mad at players like Burfict and Jones when they're litterally being screwed over and their leader that should be fighting for them never does. A non emotional leader in an emotional sport can be good don't get me wrong but not always and it's time for someone with more fire in their belly like Zim had. Fiery aggressive no fluff or filler just honest brutally if need be let's you know where you stand no matter what but still loved by all players that will show he will go to war for his players not just sit back and take it like Marv does. Thank you for all you've done for our beloved Bengals Marv but I think we all know it's time to move along.

Awhile back I was asked by one of the now AWOL Marvlovers to describe what I called "Marvball".  You just did.  The pathetic thing is things haven't changes with this since he got here, playoffs or not.

Speaking of playoffs, yeah, those losses piss me off but I think its more telling of his ineptitude losing other games throughout the season when they don't show up, quit, or screw themselves with BS penalties as minor as jumping offsides or Kirkpatrick's constant pass interference penalties or Pac and Burfict's melt downs.  Take Burfict yesterday, for example, of a preview.  He is now marked by every other team in the NFL as short fused and easily baited into a penalty.

Back to games lost for coaching ineptitude besides the playoffs, Dallas is a pretty good example.

And I do NOT think Cleveland this week will be the cake walk everyone thinks.  Marvin has lost to poor Cleveland teams before and Huey, dense though he may be, knows this team better than anyone.

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Your are correct sir. Dalton has finally come around. We blew it during the 2 minute drive. Instead of sticking with what worked. We only sent 4. WTF Brady feasted on that and had time to go through his progressions!

You're right should of sent more after 4 couldn't get there on 1st few plays but to be fair up til that point sending only 4 for during 1st half til that point was working great. The front 4 alone was harrassing the hell out of Brady up til then. Sad even with the extra coverage help Dansby still looked that bad in coverage. Getting beat on same play twice for tds being beaten before ball was even snapped twice along with being put in coverage against speedy slot wrs backs and tight ends isn't acceptable not from him or Guenther. Maybe one day we will get some good backers instead of old slow formerly good ones other teams no longer want. Dansby has been more dissappointing than Hawk was in my eyes. At least Hawk made plays in run game sometimes. Dansbys best attribute was supposed to be coverage and he's been taken advantage of in that aspect all year. Guenther hasnt been much better with bs like havin M Johnson covering Beasley againsy Cowboys or Dansby covering James or white man to man yesterday.

11 hours ago, B.A.B. said:

Ditto as someone who is critical of Andy when he deserves it (playoffs) this blaming him for everything is over the top nonsense.

The Oline is abysmal, Paul Alexander needs to be fired. He's never had them be a good run-blocking line, but the pass blocking leaves alot to be desired these days too. Ced O, that was a guy that Paul trumped up as one of the better Olinemen he's seen? I'm willing to wait on him since he's basically a rookie and imo playing out of position on the right where he should be on the left, but my God is he bad....and if Fisher can't beat Winston.....we are in for a long long few years unless things change dramatically....

That doesnt even take into account how bad Bodine is or how much Zeitler has regressed (all you guys pounding your chest over Zeitler vs DeCastro are looking a bit foolish now).

Any current head coaches who are Oline guys that are likely gonna get fired this offseason but would be a good Oline coach? We need to be looking.

10 hours ago, Bengal27 said:

Dalton is not the problem. In no shape or form. We don't need better at QB. The more you say that, the less credibility you have, at least with me. We may need some shake up but we are set at QB for years. 

I really question the IQ of some on here. Just amazing. Now with Ben going down and our schedule easing up some, we have a real shot to get back in this. 

Quit being Pussies, man the fuck up and so on. 

I agree with Ben going down we have a chance to get back in it, but if they dont pull their heads out of their asses Marvin is looking at 0-8 in the playoffs....if we can find a way to get into them.

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Awhile back I was asked by one of the now AWOL Marvlovers to describe what I called "Marvball".  You just did.  The pathetic thing is things haven't changes with this since he got here, playoffs or not.

Speaking of playoffs, yeah, those losses piss me off but I think its more telling of his ineptitude losing other games throughout the season when they don't show up, quit, or screw themselves with BS penalties as minor as jumping offsides or Kirkpatrick's constant pass interference penalties or Pac and Burfict's melt downs.  Take Burfict yesterday, for example, of a preview.  He is now marked by every other team in the NFL as short fused and easily baited into a penalty.

Back to games lost for coaching ineptitude besides the playoffs, Dallas is a pretty good example.

And I do NOT think Cleveland this week will be the cake walk everyone thinks.  Marvin has lost to poor Cleveland teams before and Huey, dense though he may be, knows this team better than anyone.

You're absolutely right I don't see this week as a cake walk either if anyone knows where we are weakest it's Hugh and Cleveland has been suprisingly competitive in alot of their games. If we lose this one any hope left for season in my eyes is out the window. I admire the Bengals for their loyalty, always have, especially when todays society lacks so much of it and I was raised to always hold it in high regard. I know it'll never happen but I would be just fine with blowing the coaching staff up if we lose this weekend and playing out the rest of the year with a new staff seeing if it's maybe a direction you want to go with them or possibly just giving you an idea of what direction you want to go when seasons over.

15 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

They got blown out bro.  Gronk fucking busted a nut right on their face.  Its embarrassing and I'm sick of it. 

Our offense looks like a joke.  I doubt they could out score Alabama.

Sorry, that was a response to the village idiot repeating the rebuilding bullshit over and over. 

I agree that zampese is out of his swimming lane. I can say with 100% confidence though that Andy Dalton is not the problem with this team. On the list of issues he's probably the second lowest right behind Clark Harris. 

Not to mention Tom Brady is 47-1 against AFC opponents at home since 2007. Who thought this was going to be a win looking at the schedule when it came out and it being his first home game? I didn't. I think a lot of us expected 3-3 through this stretch. Dallas turned out to be a lot better than we imagined. The four losses have been to super bowl caliber teams, which we aren't. Not with all the turnover. We are going to find out who this team is after he bye week and we play a stretch of four teams pretty comparable to us. Until then, pump the brakes. 

Some people say oh it's the Patriots. We knew we were going to lose that game blah blah blah. I expect to win every fucking game. Marvin continues to fail at getting this team ready against the elite teams. We beat 2 crappy teams and barely beat one of them. But lost to all the good teams. Stick a fork in it. This team will be picking top 15 in the draft. 

58 minutes ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

Some people say oh it's the Patriots. We knew we were going to lose that game blah blah blah. I expect to win every fucking game. Marvin continues to fail at getting this team ready against the elite teams. We beat 2 crappy teams and barely beat one of them. But lost to all the good teams. Stick a fork in it. This team will be picking top 15 in the draft. 

So you realistically expected the Bengals to go into Foxboro and beat the Pats in Brady's first home game? Have you not been watching the team this year, they are not that good. 

Your expectations are not aligned with the reality of the talent level of the players and coaches that make up the team this year, too much talent drain and not enough done to replace the coaches an players that are no longer here....like the guy in the gif in your sig. 

59 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

So you realistically expected the Bengals to go into Foxboro and beat the Pats in Brady's first home game? Have you not been watching the team this year, they are not that good. 

Your expectations are not aligned with the reality of the talent level of the players and coaches that make up the team this year, too much talent drain and not enough done to replace the coaches an players that are no longer here....like the guy in the gif in your sig. 

Why even show up and play the game if you don't expect to win? Why not forfeit so we can all spend our Sunday afternoon fishing or doing anything else?    

You think the Browns showed up to their game against the Pats with their tails tucked between their legs? 

They played balls to the wall though the first 25 minutes of game play then all shit went to hell.

I blame  all the coaches  the ownership  our shitty O-line draft picks    our lackluster feature back    our barely average QB   our receivers who couldn't block a High School DB   and absolutely no leadership from the QB position.  

Earlier someone eluded to how the offense is good until they get down have to rely on the passing game...Well gosh damn no shit...Been the same thing for six years now. If we need to rely on Dalton to keep us in the game were fucked.

Dalton finished the game with a 104 passer rating.  So far, through six games, he has surpassed that rating four times.  Additionally, he completed 67 percent of his passes (fifth time this year), and avoided turning the ball over for the fourth time this season as well.  He is not the problem.  Inefficiency in the run game, offensive line play, and absolutely incredulous penalties (three yesterday) at critical junctures of the game mostly leading to points against or taken away is the problem.  Not to mention, not having a pro bowl caliber tight end in the red zone. 

And oh yeah, i wasnt ready to say it a few weeks ago, but i am now....marvin lewis is part of the problem too.  soft as charmin and just flat out scared.

8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Why even show up and play the game if you don't expect to win? Why not forfeit so we can all spend our Sunday afternoon fishing or doing anything else?    

You think the Browns showed up to their game against the Pats with their tails tucked between their legs? 

They played balls to the wall though the first 25 minutes of game play then all shit went to hell.

I blame  all the coaches  the ownership  our shitty O-line draft picks    our lackluster feature back    our barely average QB   our receivers who couldn't block a High School DB   and absolutely no leadership from the QB position.  

Earlier someone eluded to how the offense is good until they get down have to rely on the passing game...Well gosh damn no shit...Been the same thing for six years now. If we need to rely on Dalton to keep us in the game were fucked.

They show up because they are contractually obligated and very well compensated to do so, but if have been paying attention to the NFL recently then you would know this was a game the Bengals will probably lose. Conversely they will probably win the upcoming game vs. the Browns at home. 

As for who you blame, if that is truly the case you may want to consider rooting for another team because the ownership isn't changing, Dalton will be here as long he wants to be, and the oline is just going to wake up suddenly perform like the Dallas oline from the mid 90's. Blaming Dalton because the oline can't protect him doesn't make you seem rational or logical, you come off as frustrated fan that doesn't really know what thy are talking about. In reality Dalton has shown in the last 2 seasons that if you protect him and he can stay healthy he is a good NFL QB. 

17 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

They show up because they are contractually obligated and very well compensated to do so, but if have been paying attention to the NFL recently then you would know this was a game the Bengals will probably lose. Conversely they will probably win the upcoming game vs. the Browns at home. 

As for who you blame, if that is truly the case you may want to consider rooting for another team because the ownership isn't changing, Dalton will be here as long he wants to be, and the oline is just going to wake up suddenly perform like the Dallas oline from the mid 90's. Blaming Dalton because the oline can't protect him doesn't make you seem rational or logical, you come off as frustrated fan that doesn't really know what thy are talking about. In reality Dalton has shown in the last 2 seasons that if you protect him and he can stay healthy he is a good NFL QB. 

Same goes for the ref blamers.

Archived