Takeo to the Eagles,

[quote]Monday, March 26
The Buffalo Bills traded former Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb to the Philadelphia Eagles for defensive tackle Darwin Walker and a 2008 late-round pick.[/quote]

[b][url="http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511"]nfl.com[/url][/b]

There have been an inordinate number of near misses this year.

Things that seemed like could happen, that we didn't want to, that happened.

I'll name some of them.

1. Kaesviharn resigning
2. Takeo coming here
3. LaVar happening
4. Wilkinson coming here
5. Shaun Smith staying here
6. Kaesviharn resigning
7. Kaesviharn resigning
8. Justin Smith extending
9. Simmons staying

I think we've done a pretty good job forcing our young roster into performing.

I always liked Holcomb, and thought he could be a starter. Now it may be a couple years late. I always thought the Browns and Bills should have started him over the SHIT QB's they had/have. He has a cannon.
Eagles made a good deal.
The only thing good for Buff was dumping cash IMO, but what do i know

Yeah, don't take a 2nd Rd WR in the first.

Then

Lorenzo Booker (Reid likes to through)
Victor Abiamiri (They go through ends quickly)
DeMarcus Tyler (Decent value)
Trent Edwards (Can never have enough franchise ability QBs)

Other than that, I'm sure there are some good OLmen, I just haven't payed attention to them.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='462904' date='Mar 27 2007, 08:25 AM']Yeah, don't take a 2nd Rd WR in the first.

Then

Lorenzo Booker (Reid likes to through)
Victor Abiamiri (They go through ends quickly)
DeMarcus Tyler (Decent value)
Trent Edwards (Can never have enough franchise ability QBs)

Other than that, I'm sure there are some good OLmen, I just haven't payed attention to them.[/quote]

Quentin Moses? I picked Sidney Rice in the first round.

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='462779' date='Mar 26 2007, 09:54 PM']I think we've done a pretty good job forcing our young roster into performing.[/quote]

yeah thats one way to look at it. :rolleyes:

Quick quiz: Name one Bengal LB who is better than Spikes.

(chirp chirp)

(chirp chirp)

...exactly.

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='462975' date='Mar 27 2007, 11:31 AM']yeah thats one way to look at it. :rolleyes:
(chirp chirp)
(chirp chirp)
...exactly.[/quote]

anyone who has the ability to run.............
spikes is no longer the player he once was. B)

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='462975' date='Mar 27 2007, 11:31 AM']yeah thats one way to look at it. :rolleyes:
(chirp chirp)
(chirp chirp)
...exactly.[/quote]

I was about to try to explain how a once-good veteran on the tail-end of not only his career, but an escalating contract, is not as good as, say, a Landon or Brooks or Miller or Jeanty, ie a raw talent that've all shown flashes of being great, have tons of potential and have their best years ahead of them... But now it seems obvious, doesn't it?

(chirp chirp)

(chirp chirp)

"WE DIDN'T SIGN JOEY PORTER OR (insert hype-machine free agent here)!! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO SUCK!"

...exactly.

:thumbsdown:

(chirp chirp)
(chirp chirp)
...exactly.[/quote]

all of them. spikes is old and been injured, and wasnt as good as everyone made him to be when he was here. he kicked our ass in 03-04 whenever.. but who didnt? kitna sucks.

brooks and thurman are better pollack is better, he is probably equal in actual skill left to LJ or miller, just a smidgen smarter i would assume, but theres a reason a shitty defense gets rid of players, cause they are shitty, just like sam adams, the only team with a worse run defense than us drops the guy and we pick him up like a dirty penny outside of wal mart and retards everywhere creme there pants over what he did 7 years ago two teams ago.

spikes is spent, his production has been declining since he left.

signing spikes would be like going back to fuck your first g/f again to show her how good you got, then being disappointed cause shes the same tired skank she always was and brings nothing to the table.

no thanks

Guest Yojimbo
[quote name='GoBengals' post='462998' date='Mar 27 2007, 12:14 PM']signing spikes would be like going back to fuck your first g/f again to show her how good you got, then being disappointed cause shes the same tired skank she always was and brings nothing to the table.[/quote]

lol

Guest Yojimbo

[quote name='GoBengals' post='462998' date='Mar 27 2007, 12:14 PM']brooks and thurman are better pollack is better, he is probably equal in actual skill left to LJ or miller, just a smidgen smarter i would assume, but theres a reason a shitty defense gets rid of players, cause they are shitty, just like sam adams, the only team with a worse run defense than us drops the guy and we pick him up like a dirty penny outside of wal mart and retards everywhere creme there pants over what he did 7 years ago two teams ago.[/quote]

Did you just say Pollack [b]is[/b] better than Spikes?

Did you just say Thurman [b]is[/b] too?

lol, ok.... :whistle:

As far as Sam Adams, ummm he was injured last season. But what was Sam Adams doing for the Bengals before he got hurt in the Green Bay game?
Kicking ass.

And calling someone a retard for being happy the Bengals signed a guy like Sam Adams? Thats just fucking stupid.

Yay! We didn't sign Spikes! Even though we don't have anyone better than him on our team. Oh...except Pollack right? :rolleyes:
Boo! We signed Adams! Even though we didn't have anyone better than him at the time.

If you are trying to say Pollack is better than Spikes right now, I have to disagree. Anyone is better than Pollack right now obviously so I don't think that is what you meant.

If you are trying to say Pollack was better than Spikes before he got hurt, then I may or may not agree with you there, but it is irrelevant because that was in the past. Spikes was a lot better before he got hurt too.

If you are trying to say Pollack will be better than Spikes if he ever plays again, then I admire your optimism. But now we are in the realm of SEVERE speculation. And speculation as we know, is the homer's playground. lol sry couldn't resist.

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='463234' date='Mar 27 2007, 04:44 PM']Did you just say Pollack [b]is[/b] better than Spikes?

Did you just say Thurman [b]is[/b] too?
lol, ok.... :whistle:
As far as Sam Adams, ummm he was injured last season. But what was Sam Adams doing for the Bengals before he got hurt in the Green Bay game?
Kicking ass.

And calling someone a retard for being happy the Bengals signed a guy like Sam Adams? Thats just fucking stupid.

Yay! We didn't sign Spikes! Even though we don't have anyone better than him on our team. Oh...except Pollack right? :rolleyes:
Boo! We signed Adams! Even though we didn't have anyone better than him at the time.
If you are trying to say Pollack is better than Spikes right now, I have to disagree. Anyone is better than Pollack right now obviously so I don't think that is what you meant.

If you are trying to say Pollack was better than Spikes before he got hurt, then I may or may not agree with you there, but it is irrelevant because that was in the past. Spikes was a lot better before he got hurt too.

If you are trying to say Pollack will be better than Spikes if he ever plays again, then I admire your optimism. But now we are in the realm of SEVERE speculation. And speculation as we know, is the homer's playground. lol sry couldn't resist.[/quote]

spikes, thurman, and pollack are averaging the same amount of games player per year over the last two seasons. and aslteast polack and thurman arent on the downside of their career, spikes isnt worth a damn right now, neither are thurman or pollack. all 3 could be worthless, but spikes is the only one worthless from talent and age.

Archived