Keiwann Ratliff Waived

Per Curnette's blog:
[quote][b]Keiwan Ratliff waived[/b]

The Bengals just announced that cornerback Keiwan Ratliff, their first of two second-round draft picks in 2004, has been waived.

The Bengals signed Blue Adams, formerly of the University of Cincinnati, in Ratliff's spot.

Adams had a neck injury in minicamp for the Bengals and was limited in the preseason and training camp. He was waived Sept. 1.[/quote]

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='557870' date='Sep 26 2007, 09:13 PM']I think we knew it was coming but still a little shocking now since we have been so bad the secondary.

He never lived up to his potential as a DB and returner.[/quote]
And Adams is better on special teams, also.

Now will Belichick, who was supposed to be a Kiewan fan, sign him up before Monday night? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='557876' date='Sep 26 2007, 04:17 PM']And Adams is better on special teams, also.

Now will Belichick, who was supposed to be a Kiewan fan, sign him up before Monday night? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

Dont be supprised if it happens, maybe not before monday, but soon after. He did sign Hawkins.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='557893' date='Sep 26 2007, 04:35 PM']im shocked actually! i know he's not the greatest but damnit we need all the help we can get![/quote]
Ratliff was a stud @ Florida....I was at the game in 2004 in November when we lost to Shittsburgh 19-14 and I remember him knocking Plaxico Burress on his ass after a catch and that hit knocked Plaxico out of the game. I thought Keiwan would be a fine player. I'm bummed that he never panned out

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='557892' date='Sep 26 2007, 04:33 PM']Im not sure why anyone thinks this is good Ratliff was the #4 guy, if anyone gets hurt we are playing UFAs which may or may not be bad, but none of them have Kiewans experience.

Lets just hope we can stay healthy @ CB.[/quote]

Jamie, I think we'll be fine with O'Neal, Hall, Joseph, Adams, David Jones, Indy Jones, and Madieu (who with the way he's been playing safety, I may rather have him at corner).

I think this also indicates that Kilmer is very close to returning.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='557904' date='Sep 26 2007, 05:44 PM'][font="Lucida Console"][size=6]GOOD RIDDANCE![/size][/font]

First Frazier, then Dawson, and now Ratliff. I think Marvin is sending a message to the special team players--produce or your ass is gone.

It's about time.[/quote]

I agree, but Ratliff and Dawson were both replaced by players who would have been on the team at the start of the season had they been healthy.

[quote][size=3][b]Keiwan Ratliff waived [/b][/size]

The Bengals just announced that cornerback Keiwan Ratliff, their first of two second-round draft picks in 2004, has been waived. He leaves with 51 career games played and eight starts for the Bengals. [b]Word inside the coaching offices was Ratliff was not a courageous player and lacked toughness.[/b]

In training camp, Ratliff said if he was going to be the team's fourth cornerback -- and he was -- he would rather be released.

The Bengals today signed Blue Adams, formerly of the University of Cincinnati, in Ratliff's spot. Adams is expected to make an immediate contribution to special teams.

Adams had a neck injury in minicamp for the Bengals and was limited in the preseason and training camp.

Adams signed a two-year contract. Adams opened 2007 with the Bengals, signing as a free agent on May 7. He missed the first three preseason games while rehabbing his neck injury and played only in Cincinnati’s preseason finale. He was waived by the Bengals on Sept. 2. Adams played for Jacksonville as a rookie in 2003, did not play in 2004, and played for Tampa Bay in 2005-06. He played in every game for Tampa Bay in 2006, ranking third on the team with 19 special teams tackles.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url]

I think it`s safe to say he was a bust.

He hasn`t done crap since 2005.
He had 1 tackle in 3 games this season.
And never lived up to being the ball hawk he was supposed to be.
I can`t say I`m surprised by this move. He would have been
cut in training camp if others hadn`t gotten injured . . .

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='557911' date='Sep 26 2007, 05:58 PM'][url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Wow, what a indictment.....the Bengals thought he was scared and soft on defense....so basically the softest defense in the league thought he was a bitch. ^_^ [/b][/color]

I'm disappointed for him, but not surprised. I thought he'd be a good nickel, and he showed some signs of that early, but he never really got better. I hope he gets a shot elsewhere.

I think a guy to look out for is David Jones -- not only as a ST player, but maybe as 4th corner. The guy can cover, and he's got speed. Also, you have others that can play CB in a pinch, even if ol' Blue can't... Madieu and Indiana, along with Kilmer.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='557886' date='Sep 26 2007, 04:29 PM']Dont be supprised if it happens [NE picking up Keiwan] , maybe not before monday, but soon after. He did sign Hawkins.[/quote]

It's all part of the master plan. NE picks up Keiwan, but has to waive a player to make room for him. We then claim the player they waive and release Adams.

;)

[quote name='texbengal' post='557917' date='Sep 26 2007, 06:07 PM']I'm disappointed for him, but not surprised. I thought he'd be a good nickel, and he showed some signs of that early, but he never really got better. I hope he gets a shot elsewhere.

I think a guy to look out for is David Jones -- not only as a ST player, but maybe as 4th corner. The guy can cover, and he's got speed. Also, you have others that can play CB in a pinch, even if ol' Blue can't... Madieu and Indiana, along with Kilmer.[/quote]

agree on the David Jones front. Marvin praised him during his press conference yesterday.

[quote name='Cricket' post='557919' date='Sep 26 2007, 06:09 PM']It's all part of the master plan. NE picks up Keiwan, but has to waive a player to make room for him. We then claim the player they waive and release Adams.
;)[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]NE does not need to pick up Keiwan......they already have the cameras.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Cricket' post='557919' date='Sep 26 2007, 11:09 PM']It's all part of the master plan. NE picks up Keiwan, but has to waive a player to make room for him. We then claim the player they waive and release Adams.
;)[/quote]
Maybe they'll release Adalius Thomas [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

Archived