Chad: 'Hurtful year'

[quote][size=5][b]Chad: 'Hurtful year'[/b][/size]
By GEOFF HOBSON
December 26, 2007

"I'm coming Home to Exhale."

Chad Johnson calls this a "very hurtful year," for himself, but his first game in Miami since the 1996 Miami Beach High finale could be where he ends his celebration ban if he gets into the end zone.

But he wouldn't give the Miami media any more hints in Wednesday's conference call.

"I wish our situation was better and we were in the playoffs. But it's not," Johnson said. "So why not come home and entertain the home (folks)?...When you exhale, you let it all out."

And Johnson let some of it all out for his hometown media. He didn't say he wants out of Bengaldom, which is the opinion of some media people in Cincinnati, but he allowed he's "fed up,' with the same results.

"Every year I sit back and say, 'Maybe next year,' but as time continues to tick on and as I get older, I don't always have that next year. I need to win now," Johnson said. "I've broken a lot of records here. I've got the yards. I've been to the Pro Bowl. And I'm kind of fed up. It's the same thing every year. I want to go to the playoffs. I want to see how it feels to win consistently. It's something I've been yearning for."

Johnson, who hasn't talked to the local media in 65 days, says the passion he plays with has been turned back on him as criticism because the Bengals are losing.

"Now I'm the bad guy because I want to win so badly," Johnson said. "So I'm the reason why we're losing. It's been a very hurtful year for me because all I want to do is win. People have taken the way I play the game and approach the game as a negative and try to twist while we're not being successful."

Johnson pointed to last week's clash of Chargers between LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers.

"They say, Those are two players trying to correct the play.' Then when Carson (Palmer) and I do it, we're fussing at each other," Johnson said. "What makes those two any different than us? It's the same situation. But because we're losing, they turn it into a negative."

Even though he's got a contract through 2011, Johnson was asked what the future holds for next year and beyond and if he could ever see himself playing for the Dolphins.

"Hey, that would be cool. Where's (Bill) Parcells at?" Johnson joked. "I'm not sure what the future holds."[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6560"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6560[/url]

[b]"Every year I sit back and say, 'Maybe next year,' but as time continues to tick on and as I get older, I don't always have that next year. I need to win now." "I've broken a lot of records here. I've got the yards. I've been to the Pro Bowl. And I'm kind of fed up. It's the same thing every year. I want to go to the playoffs. I want to see how it feels to win consistently. It's something I've been yearning for."[/b]

-Corey Dillon?

-Takeo Spikes?

Lee Johnson?!?!

nope...cue the "he's such a cancer" crew, this quote belongs to

-Chad Johnson, the latest "fed-up"

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='614129' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:08 PM'][b]"Every year I sit back and say, 'Maybe next year,' but as time continues to tick on and as I get older, I don't always have that next year. I need to win now." "I've broken a lot of records here. I've got the yards. I've been to the Pro Bowl. And I'm kind of fed up. It's the same thing every year. I want to go to the playoffs. I want to see how it feels to win consistently. It's something I've been yearning for."[/b]

-Corey Dillon?

-Takeo Spikes?

Lee Johnson?!?!

-Chad Johnson, the latest "fed-up"[/quote]

Meh.

He isn't saying anything that many (most?) of the fans aren't saying.

I'd rather have someone who wanted to win than one who didn't give a shit.

I just wish he'd stop dropping balls and skittering out of bound like a scared little bitch when his QB is out front leveling defensive players with blocking better than Chad provides...

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='614129' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:08 PM'][b]"Every year I sit back and say, 'Maybe next year,' but as time continues to tick on and as I get older, I don't always have that next year. I need to win now." "I've broken a lot of records here. I've got the yards. I've been to the Pro Bowl. And I'm kind of fed up. It's the same thing every year. I want to go to the playoffs. I want to see how it feels to win consistently. It's something I've been yearning for."[/b]

-Corey Dillon?

-Takeo Spikes?

Lee Johnson?!?!

-Chad Johnson, the latest "fed-up"[/quote]
The "cancer kids" will have a field day with this one... It looks to me by what hes saying that he just wants to win, whats so wrong with that??
He's realizing the window on him is beginning to close and he has to realize that tradition in cincinnati football, under mikey, isnt exactly a winning one.
But he'll continue to be a cancer as long as he speaks out about wanting to win cuz thats just plain selfish wanting to win isnt it?

[quote]"Every year I sit back and say, 'Maybe next year,' but as time continues to tick on and as I get older, I don't always have that next year. I need to win now," Johnson said. "I've broken a lot of records here. I've got the yards. I've been to the Pro Bowl. And I'm kind of fed up. It's the same thing every year. I want to go to the playoffs. I want to see how it feels to win consistently. It's something I've been yearning for."[/quote]

Oh reeaaalllly? You know what helps winning, Mr. Johnson?

- Catching crucial third down passes (or any other down, for that matter)
- Running the correct routes
- Not attacking coaches (that tends to degrade morale)
- being a positive, professional influence (it kinda rubs off on younger, impressionable colleagues)

Why don't you make sure your performance is air tight before you start complaining about not winning? Don't you think the other 52 guys on the team want to win too? If you did everything that was asked of you, then I would not blame you for saying those types of things.

/end rant to Chad Johnson

Honestly, this gets my goat. He is a contributor, and has made (or not made) plays that he should have - plays that could have changed the games. He is as much to blame as anyone else on the team, yet there's Palmer up there taking blame for it all. Chad's problem, is that he was told that believed he was a superstar before he actually became one. Actually, I think the whole team fell into that trap after '05. I remember Scott Mitchell saying something about how the coaches would have the team practice plays all week, and at the last minute Brat would put new plays in the game plan without the team even getting a chance to run through them. Now if that's the type of chicken shit that is still going on, then I wouldn't blame Chad for being "fed up"... in fact I wish he would speak up, then we wouldn't have to waste our fucking money anymore.

I'm done. I'll crawl back to my hole now...

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='614145' date='Dec 26 2007, 11:27 PM']i think next year when we are winning the division and carson, tj, [s][b]chad[/b][/s], and c. henry are doing what brady and company are doing this year then it will all be good :D[/quote]

People need to realize that the probability of him being a Bengal in '08 isn't good. Just wait and see. He is going to pull a T.O.

[quote name='kdubdub' post='614157' date='Dec 26 2007, 11:10 PM']People need to realize that the probability of him being a Bengal in '08 isn't good. Just wait and see. He is going to pull a T.O.[/quote]

i doubt it, it would more likely be after next year that if he pulled that it would happen, but damn i hope not, i also hope we extend T.J. and keep both

Chad Johnson isn't going anywhere. Don't be foolish.

I compare this situation to Kobe's tbh. Though Chad hasn't been nearly as vocal as Kobe who has said literally that he wants to be traded. Now that they're winning and all playing well, it's all smiles from Kobe, he's laughing it up with his teammates and opponents out on the court, and the trade talk is gone.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='614168' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:53 PM']Chad Johnson isn't going anywhere. Don't be foolish.

I compare this situation to Kobe's tbh. Though Chad hasn't been nearly as vocal as Kobe who has said literally that he wants to be traded. Now that they're winning and all playing well, it's all smiles from Kobe, he's laughing it up with his teammates and opponents out on the court, and the trade talk is gone.[/quote]
This is the Entertainment capitol of the world, haha! Nah, the local media rarely plays up Kobe, they really play up his outbursts which is why the media sucks. LA media more than most, and most fucking "fans" trickle in after the 2nd quarter, you'd think we'd be more appreciative since we lost 2 NFl teams and have nothing in the near future other than rumors <_<

[quote name='Elflocko' post='614133' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:22 PM']Meh.

He isn't saying anything that many (most?) of the fans aren't saying.

I'd rather have someone who wanted to win than one who didn't give a shit.

I just wish he'd stop dropping balls and skittering out of bound like a scared little bitch when his QB is out front leveling defensive players with blocking better than Chad provides...[/quote]
Yeah. I'm tired of Chad the Drama Queen with severe vaginitis. Look in the mirror you fucking immature prick and ask yourself how you can set a better example, play better and live up to your fucking hype rather than pad your meaningless stats and bitch and moan about how you are supposedly "doing your job" and are tired of losing, when YOU are part of the reason WE ARE LOSING!

Chad dissapoints me greatly. So much talent, so little heart. Sure, the Chad-lovers will proclaim how he sleeps in a chair at PBS because he's SO BUSY reveiwing film on Leigh Bodden or whomever, but it isn't translating into clutch play on the field.

The guy is a media whore, plain and simple, and now that we aren't winning, his lack of true production (throw out the yards and receptions and focus on TOUCHDOWNS) is exposed, he feels slighted as being mentioned in the local media as being an issue, and yet again, is being a fucking crybaby about it rather than actually doing something about it.

2008 wil be Chad's last year unless he figures out a way to carry himself that is acceptable to both coaches and teammates...I believe Marvin is tired of condoning his bullshit...as am I.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='614183' date='Dec 27 2007, 12:55 AM']Yeah. I'm tired of Chad the Drama Queen with severe vaginitis. Look in the mirror you fucking immature prick and ask yourself how you can set a better example, play better and live up to your fucking hype rather than pad your meaningless stats and bitch and moan about how you are supposedly "doing your job" and are tired of losing, when YOU are part of the reason WE ARE LOSING!

Chad dissapoints me greatly. So much talent, so little heart. Sure, the Chad-lovers will proclaim how he sleeps in a chair at PBS because he's SO BUSY reveiwing film on Leigh Bodden or whomever, but it isn't translating into clutch play on the field.

The guy is a media whore, plain and simple, and now that we aren't winning, his lack of true production (throw out the yards and receptions and focus on TOUCHDOWNS) is exposed, he feels slighted as being mentioned in the local media as being an issue, and yet again, is being a fucking crybaby about it rather than actually doing something about it.

2008 wil be Chad's last year unless he figures out a way to carry himself that is acceptable to both coaches and teammates...I believe Marvin is tired of condoning his bullshit...as am I.[/quote]

:rolleyes:
while i agree he needs to live up to his hype and potential, i don't think his desire to win should be questioned

i don't know how you can just focus on TDs and not yards and receptions but whatever

i understand where you are coming from, but come 08 when we are 7-3 and in 1st in the division then it'l all be good

Chad doesn't have to worry about any sort of end zone celebration in Miami.
Carson isn't going to throw to him.

As a matter of fact, Carson might not throw to anyone after Jason Taylor and
Joni Porker run over Levi's over rated candy ass and Klinglerize Carson even more.
If Carson has any sense, maybe he can do himself a favor and develop hamstring problems.
I would kind of like to see what Fitzpatrick (I think that's his name) can do, anyway.

Bengalitis has a way of beating a guy down.

Remember when Chad got here?

He was a brash young kid who spent Ray Lewis-like time in the film room. Even slept down at PBS many a time. 100 percent commitment to football.

Now fast forward to today. 4 years after the birth of St. Marvin the Bengals have had 3 8-8's and a playoff meltdown. The media has torn Chad a new one.

From Ray Lewis-like film study habits and commitment to bring the best.... to "cancer." In a mere 4 seasons in Cincinnati. Bengalitis strikes again.

Bengalitis will make a football hit 85 in the chest and bounce to the ground.
Bengalitis will make a guy like Marvin Lewis look like a guy like Bruce Coslet look like a guy like Dick LeBeau look like a guy like Dave Shula.

Pray for strength, Chris Henry. Because Chad Johnson, you are not.

"No major changes?" REALLY hoping they are just playing it close to the vest. But what do I know? I'm probably just a "cancer" too. :rolleyes:

[quote][size=5][b]Bengals' Johnson wants to finish season in style at hometown[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Wideout Chad Johnson said he wants to end a 'disappointing' season in style against his hometown Dolphins. 'I'm coming home to exhale,' he said.[/b][/size]
Posted on Thu, Dec. 27, 2007
BY DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com

For Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson, a Liberty City man, putting on a big show Sunday at Dolphin Stadium won't make up for a Cincinnati Bengals season that he calls ''super disappointing, ridiculously disappointing,'' and during which he has felt unfairly misunderstood.

But it would be a pleasure that would dull some of Johnson's pain, which is one of the few times ''dull'' will be used when discussing Johnson.

''I wish our situation was a lot better than what it is going into the last game, as far as making a run for the playoffs, but it's not,'' Johnson said. ``So why not come home and entertain the home crowd?''

First, you know when Johnson mentions ''entertain,'' he's talking about touchdown celebrations. That's even though he believes his touchdowns are down in part because teams double and triple cover him in the red zone to prevent him from scoring and celebrating.

''We're definitely not going to see (any) celebrations,'' Dolphins cornerback Travis Daniels said. ``He can save those celebrations for next year.''

Johnson said, ``I'm coming home to exhale. You know what that means? When you exhale, you let it all out. I'm coming home to let it all out. Why not? It's the last game. I haven't played in Miami since 1996.''

That's when Johnson was at Miami Beach High. He has been anticipating this game for almost a year, as soon as he knew Cincinnati would be in Miami this season. That's why he has rounded up 120 tickets, all in one upper deck section.

''I can only bring so many people up here at a time,'' Johnson said via conference call from Cincinnati, ``but through the years, nobody extremely close to me has been able to come see me play. My grandmother hasn't been able to come. My mom has been twice in seven years. This is a chance when everybody can come and see me -- friends, family, coaches that coached me at Liberty City Optimist, my pastors, people from the church -- everyone throughout my entire life.''

Johnson went to junior college in Santa Monica, Calif., before moving on to Oregon State. Then Cincinnati drafted him. But Miami is home. He loves the University of Miami and the Miami pro sports teams, including the NFL one.

So how would he like joining the Dolphins, a team that could use a big-play wide receiver who has had more than 1,100 yards receiving in six consecutive seasons?

''Hey, that'd be cool! Where's (new Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill) Parcells at?'' Johnson said. ``Naw, I'm just playing.''

Especially because Johnson is under contract until 2010, and if the Bengals want to dangle him on the trade market this offseason, the Dolphins probably couldn't offer enough.

Besides, Johnson, who will be 30 next month, yearns to be on a consistent winner now.

Johnson believes the manifestation of that yearning, the fury he shows when things aren't going well, gets him unfairly tagged as a bad teammate who contributed to the Bengals' underachievement.

Take the scene at halftime of the Bengals' Oct. 1 loss to New England: ESPN's cameras followed Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer as they marched to the locker room in heated disagreement over an incomplete pass in Patriots territory. That reignited talk that Johnson was a disruptive influence.

'But then (San Diego running back) LaDainian Tomlinson and (quarterback) Philip Rivers come off the field doing the same thing (two weeks ago) and they're saying, `Those are two players trying to correct the play,' '' Johnson said. ``When Carson and I do it, we're fussing at each other. What makes those two any different than us? You see what I'm getting at? It's the same situation, but because we're losing, they turn it into a negative.''

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis wouldn't say that criticism of Johnson as a poor teammate was unfair, rather, ``that was a long time ago. Over the last half of the season none of that has been around. We've kind of addressed that and moved on from that a long time ago.''[/quote]

[url="http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/357850.html"]http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/357850.html[/url]

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='614218' date='Dec 27 2007, 07:41 AM']Bengalitis has a way of beating a guy down.

Remember when Chad got here?

He was a brash young kid who spent Ray Lewis-like time in the film room. Even slept down at PBS many a time. 100 percent commitment to football.

Now fast forward to today. 4 years after the birth of St. Marvin the Bengals have had 3 8-8's and a playoff meltdown. The media has torn Chad a new one.

From Ray Lewis-like film study habits and commitment to bring the best.... to "cancer." In a mere 4 seasons in Cincinnati. Bengalitis strikes again.

Bengalitis will make a football hit 85 in the chest and bounce to the ground.
Bengalitis will make a guy like Marvin Lewis look like a guy like Bruce Coslet look like a guy like Dick LeBeau look like a guy like Dave Shula.

Pray for strength, Chris Henry. Because Chad Johnson, you are not.

"No major changes?" REALLY hoping they are just playing it close to the vest. But what do I know? I'm probably just a "cancer" too. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Oh geeez.

You have taken Chad`s words out of context and tried to
make him look like other players in Bengals history.
But what else is new ? . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='614225' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:51 AM']Oh geeez.

You have taken Chad`s words out of context and tried to
make him look like other players in Bengals history.
But what else is new ? . . .[/quote]

Out of context?

Puuulease... :rolleyes:

Winning cures all though, as they say.

Just like losing has the opposite effect.

16 out of 17 or 4 out of 5, any way you slice it, that is some moldy ass bread you are breaking, old.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='614226' date='Dec 27 2007, 07:53 AM']Out of context?

Puuulease... :rolleyes:

Winning cures all though, as they say.

Just like losing has the opposite effect.

16 out of 17 or 4 out of 5, any way you slice it, that is some moldy ass bread you are breaking, old.[/quote]

Yes out of context.

And what does Chad have to do with 16 out of 17 ?

He is obviously "fed up" because he feels like the local media
and some fans turned on him, and are blaming him for losing,
when he feels that he has done his job. Because did you see
him take any blame for losing ? Did you see anything about
plays he should have made, balls he should have caught,
blocks he should have made or anything like that ?
Sure he wants to win, but I`ve heard a lot of players say that.
Is Chad the only player on the team that feels that way ? Hell no.

Anyway, you took his little rant, and are trying to apply it to "17 years!!!",
the Front Office and all the other shit you always say over and
over and over and over and over and . . . well, you get the point.
Just like we have gotten your point . . . about 850 posts ago . . .

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='614232' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:08 AM']16 out of 17 or 4 out of 5, any way you slice it, that is some moldy ass bread you are breaking, old.[/quote]

Why am I not surprised at this response ? :rolleyes:
That`s the majority of your posts in 1 sentence . . .

[quote name='High School Harry' post='614216' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:38 AM']Chad doesn't have to worry about any sort of end zone celebration in Miami.

Joni Porker run over Levi's over rated candy ass and Klinglerize Carson even more.
If Carson has any sense, maybe he can do himself a favor and develop hamstring problems.
I would kind of like to see what Fitzpatrick (I think that's his name) can do, anyway.[/quote]

that's the spirit.

[quote name='High School Harry' post='614216' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:38 AM']Chad doesn't have to worry about any sort of end zone celebration in Miami.

I would kind of like to see what Fitzpatrick (I think that's his name) can do, anyway.[/quote]

There's my Harry... :lol:

Archived