Ex-Bengal's wife in sex probe

I'm surprised I didn't see this here yet. Mods feel free to move to General Discussion if more appropriate.

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070417&category=NEWS0103&Lopenr=304170025&Ref=AR"]Cinti Enquirer Article[/url]

There is a pic with article, but it's a dynamic link and won't work.

[quote]Police seek more victims
BY CINDY SCHROEDER | CSCHROEDER@NKY.COM
E-mail thisE-mail | Printer-FriendlyPrint | digg us! | del.icio.us!

VILLA HILLS – Police here say they are continuing to interview teen-aged boys and others who attended parties at the home of Jeni Lee Dinkel to determine if she had illegal sexual contact with them or supplied underaged guests with alcohol.

The Hollywood makeup artist was arrested Monday after authorities say she had illegal sexual contact with a 15-year-old Covington Catholic High School student during a four-month span last year at her home.

"All the information coming out has generated more leads,'' said Villa Hills Detective Joe Schutzman. "We're getting a bunch of calls now from other people we need to talk to. We're in the middle of the investigation, and we'll continue to follow all leads we get.''

Dinkel, 51, of 877 Squire Lake Court, pleaded not guilty Monday to one count each of third-degree rape and third-degree sodomy after turning herself in to authorities. The Class D felonies each carry a penalty of one to five years in prison upon conviction.

"The allegation was that she was giving alcohol to underaged males and was having illegal sexual contact with them,'' Schutzman said.

Dinkel represents Arbonne International cosmetic company and she has been the makeup artist for 19 Hollywood films, including the Academy award-winning “Forrest Gump'' and “The Shawshank Redemption,'' according to her web site. In 1984, she married Tom Dinkel, who was a Bengals linebacker from 1978 to 1985. She has no prior criminal record.

Dinkel's accuser and her teen-aged son both attend Covington Catholic High School, authorities said.

“The investigation resulted from allegations that surfaced after officers had responded to the suspect's residence back in October for a loud party call,'' Schutzman said. “There were allegations that the suspect was providing alcoholic beverages to minors.''

Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders said witnesses told police that Mrs. Dinkel was present on at least one occasion when police responded to complaints about underage drinking at her home.

“When police investigated these parties, they started hearing rumors about sexual contact between Mrs. Dinkel and an underage male,'' Sanders said.

At first, the juveniles interviewed were reluctant to provide information about the alleged sexual activity, Schutzman said. But on March 22, a teen-aged boy told the Children's Advocacy Center that Dinkel had repeatedly engaged in sexual contact with him at her home during a four-month span in 2006, according to court records.

The boy, who was 15 at the time of the alleged incidents, told authorities that another juvenile had “walked in…and witnessed one sexual encounter,'' according to court records. The juvenile witness later confirmed the boy's account, authorities said.

Schutzman said authorities are investigating “numerous incidences'' of sexual contact involving Mrs. Dinkel and the teen who made the allegations.

“The investigation's still ongoing, and I don't want to comment on the possibility of additional charges or victims,'' Sanders said.

Mrs. Dinkel pleaded not guilty to the charges at her arraignment Monday in Kenton District Court. She was taken into custody and released minutes later, after posting $2,500, or 10 percent of her $25,000 bond, authorities said. She remains free on the conditions that she have no contact with her accuser or unrelated juveniles and that she attend no Covington Catholic High School functions.

Her next scheduled court appearance is May 15.

A woman who answered the phone at the Dinkel home Monday afternoon identified herself as Jeni Lee Dinkel and referred all comment on the case to attorney Phil Pitzer, who she said was handling all media inquiries for her. Pitzer, who had a Los Angeles County area code, could not be reached for comment. A call to Mrs. Dinkel's agent at the Celestine Agency in Santa Monica, Calif. also was not returned.

Attorney Rene Heinrich, who represents the family of the teen, who recently told his story of abuse to a professional counselor, said that she's dismayed by some of the comments she's heard in the community.

“Just because the case involves (an alleged perpetrator who's) a female and a male doesn't mean it's not sexual abuse,'' said Heinrich of Donovan Law with offices in Cincinnati and Bellevue. “This is very traumatic for a child whether it's male on female or female on male. This is very difficult on the victim and his family.''

Heinrich said that she is not representing anyone else in the case, but she added: “It's my understanding from my conversations with police that there may be other victims.''

Schutzman said today that he is continuing to gather information from anyone who was involved at any of the parties tinterview people about allegations the suspect's possible illegal sexual activity with minors but he declined to elaborate.

Heinrich said that her client is seeking treatment and that he and his family are healing.

“We're just going to let the justice system play out, and hopefully we'll get justice for this family,'' she said.[/quote]

[quote name='esjbh2' post='473631' date='Apr 17 2007, 03:25 PM']I'm surprised I didn't see this here yet. Mods feel free to move to General Discussion if more appropriate.

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070417&category=NEWS0103&Lopenr=304170025&Ref=AR"]Cinti Enquirer Article[/url]

There is a pic with article, but it's a dynamic link and won't work.[/quote]

15 year olds dream about this stuff. How is this supposed to hurt him? Other than the over-reaction of the parents.

A shrink? The boys father thinks that's a good idea? They'll have this poor kid gay in no time at this rate.

The parents are the ones who need a shrink not the kid.

[quote name='Ben' post='473653' date='Apr 17 2007, 03:46 PM'][img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/537/98040648ep1.jpg[/img][/quote]
I saw that picture and thought "A 15-yr-old boy does need a shrink after her..." but then went to her website, [url="http://www.jenilee.net/"]http://www.jenilee.net/[/url], and she's pretty fine looking. She has done some pretty big movies / actors - Forrest Gump, Bady Boys, etc., Will Smith, Al Pacino, Jason Statham, Tom Hanks, etc.

That 15-yr-old isn't having any emotional trauma other than he won't have any more Friday / Saturday nights to hit it!

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='473664' date='Apr 18 2007, 05:05 AM']That 15-yr-old isn't having any emotional trauma other than he won't have any more Friday / Saturday nights to hit it![/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When I was 15 I would have loved to have had a "friend" like that.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='473788' date='Apr 17 2007, 07:33 PM']HA!! Fuckin' classic. Click to her website and you get a "Bandwidth Exceeded" message. HA!!!
MULLY[/quote]

Just another example of the old Hollywood saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

[quote name='Jeb' post='473658' date='Apr 17 2007, 03:55 PM']15 year olds dream about this stuff. How is this supposed to hurt him? Other than the over-reaction of the parents.

A shrink? The boys father thinks that's a good idea? They'll have this poor kid gay in no time at this rate.

The parents are the ones who need a shrink not the kid.[/quote]

A 15 y/old's dream...But I don't know if any of you guys took a close enough look at the article. One of the charges is [b]3rd Degree Sodomy[/b].

Is it 3rd Degree because he was underaged, or does that mean she sodomized him with something?? :onoudidnt:

BZ

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='473664' date='Apr 17 2007, 04:05 PM']I saw that picture and thought "A 15-yr-old boy does need a shrink after her..." but then went to her website, [url="http://www.jenilee.net/"]http://www.jenilee.net/[/url], and she's pretty fine looking. She has done some pretty big movies / actors - Forrest Gump, Bady Boys, etc., Will Smith, Al Pacino, Jason Statham, Tom Hanks, etc.

That 15-yr-old isn't having any emotional trauma other than he won't have any more Friday / Saturday nights to hit it![/quote]

Right... the only physiological affect this is going to have him is an over sized ego.

[quote name='TheBZ' post='473893' date='Apr 18 2007, 02:15 AM']A 15 y/old's dream...But I don't know if any of you guys took a close enough look at the article. One of the charges is [b]3rd Degree Sodomy[/b].

Is it 3rd Degree because he was underaged, or does that mean she sodomized him with something?? :onoudidnt:

BZ[/quote]

My guess is she gave him a hummer

When will these kids learn to keep their mouths shut?

When I was a high school junior,a friend of mine was nailing our English teacher.I think she was about 30.All of the guys knew it.But the school and his parents never got wind of it.

If I had been in that kids situation at the same age,I'm pretty sure my dad's reaction if he found out would have been WTFG!!!

Guest fredtoast

[quote name='TheBZ' post='473893' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:15 PM']A 15 y/old's dream...But I don't know if any of you guys took a close enough look at the article. One of the charges is [b]3rd Degree Sodomy[/b].

BZ[/quote]

First degree would be worse than third degree. And sodomy means a lot more than just anal penetration. It is pretty much any unnnatural sex act. Oral sex is covered by sodomy laws.

Archived