WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

[quote name='Jrod' post='656505' date='Apr 24 2008, 03:56 PM']Paradise Lost has had several different "sounds" throughout their career. They began as a doom, death metal band. If you're into that at all then the album Gothic is a classic and excellent album. The song in the video is from their new album In Requiem which got great reviews as their best stuff in a decade. I'd definitely recommend looking into that album, it is indeed one of their best. Similar to their sound in In Requiem, the album Draconian Times is their best album. Not one song is weak in my opinion; I can listen to that album over and over again. Icon is a decent album and one song to note is Embers Fire. Songs from the album One Second worth listening to is: One Second and Just Say Words. In the album Symbol of Life, they went with a more modern and into a sort of depeche mode type of rock... it may sound weird but if you give Erased and Isolate a listen, you might like it.

Erased
[/quote]

That song reminds me of type o negative. I was looking on youtube and I can see they have had alot of different sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently listening to Aquemini by OUTKAST.

In the car:

Mike Perkins live

Common - Like water for chocolate

Nas - It was written

Gza - Liquid Swords

Binary Star - Masters of the Universe

Nirvana - Nevermind

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='670497' date='Jun 5 2008, 04:18 AM']I know some around here hate younger bands covering classics, but I think this is a great cover:[/quote]
On the plus side, there's no freak show (Michael Jackson) which is good.

However.. anyone trying to improve upon Eddie's licks in the original is just plain impossible.

Archived