THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='561623' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:21 AM']I know missing Henry hurts our offense, but it shouldn't be so obvious. I know 28 teams that would kill for our #1 and #2 WR's. All teams in the league don't need CJ, TJ, and CH to succeed offensively.[/quote]

agreed.

[quote name='sneaky' post='561620' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:20 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]So its the offense' fault they didnt score 35 ?

Got ya. ;) [/b][/color][/quote]

It`s the Offense`s fault that they were 0 for 7 on 3rd down.
It`s the Offense`s fault that they didn`t do anything to
help keep the Defense off the field, and take some pressure
off them.
It`s the Offense`s fault that they scored 6 points on every
drive that the Defense didn`t give them a short field to
work on. It`s the Offense`s fault that they the Bengals
lost the turnover differential.

The Offense is the side of the ball that has Pro Bowlers.
The Offense is the side of the ball that is supposed
to be our strength. The Offense is the side of the
ball that is taking up most of the cap. The Offense
is the healthiest, most experienced part of the team.

Got me ?

You guys are really funny. Reality is an unfortunate consequence of the truth. We're 1-3, and some of you dumb asses still think the Bengals can salvage a 10-6 season? Get real. And, by the way, your feeble attempts to "dis" the poster, are testament to your inept analytical skills in assessing a professional football team. This team is pathetic. They have exhibited nothing that woulldpersuade the simplest of fools to consider them a contender. So, all of you morons that insist that we'll rebound, time to put away your tin hats and take a nice nap.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='561650' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:34 AM']ugly:

Marvin needs to fire whoever tells him to challenge and not challenge a play/call.[/quote]

Marvin isn't allowed to fire anybody, if you didn't have your head up your ass you would realize this

[quote name='The Breeze' post='561654' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:35 AM']You guys are really funny. Reality is an unfortunate consequence of the truth. We're 1-3, and some of you dumb asses still think the Bengals can salvage a 10-6 season? Get real. And, by the way, your feeble attempts to "dis" the poster, are testament to your inept analytical skills in assessing a professional football team. This team is pathetic. They have exhibited nothing that woulldpersuade the simplest of fools to consider them a contender. So, all of you morons that insist that we'll rebound, time to put away your tin hats and take a nice nap.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Testify

[quote name='oldschooler' post='561641' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:29 AM']It`s the Offense`s fault that they were 0 for 7 on 3rd down.
It`s the Offense`s fault that they didn`t do anything to
help keep the Defense off the field, and take some pressure
off them.
It`s the Offense`s fault that they scored 6 points on every
drive that the Defense didn`t give them a short field to
work on. It`s the Offense`s fault that they the Bengals
lost the turnover differential.

The Offense is the side of the ball that has Pro Bowlers.
The Offense is the side of the ball that is supposed
to be our strength. The Offense is the side of the
ball that is taking up most of the cap. The Offense
is the healthiest, most experienced part of the team.

Got me ?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No. But you can answer this though....

Why does it seem like we have this unrealistic expectation for the offense to score 30 points per game but
yet because of our linebacker injuries it seems totally acceptable if the defense gives up 30 points per
game?[/b][/color]

[quote name='The Breeze' post='561654' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:35 AM']You guys are really funny. Reality is an unfortunate consequence of the truth. We're 1-3, and some of you dumb asses still think the Bengals can salvage a 10-6 season? Get real. And, by the way, your feeble attempts to "dis" the poster, are testament to your inept analytical skills in assessing a professional football team. This team is pathetic. They have exhibited nothing that woulldpersuade the simplest of fools to consider them a contender. So, all of you morons that insist that we'll rebound, time to put away your tin hats and take a nice nap.[/quote]

It's just a game. If you want to sit around and cry about it go ahead, but don't expect the rest of us to sit here and cry with you. Get over yourselves.

[quote name='Storm' post='561655' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:35 AM']Marvin isn't allowed to fire anybody, if you didn't have your head up your ass you would realize this[/quote]

don;t be a bitch just because you can't have rational discussions after Bengals games (or ever).

Marvin has more clout on this organization than you're willing to give him credit for. Further, he doesn't have to officially fire anyone. He just has to give the responsibility to someone else. I guess I made the comment too literal for you.

[quote name='Storm' post='561661' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:38 AM']:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Testify[/quote]

Just wondering why you 2 bother wasting your time then. If I thought the season was over, I certainly wouldn't spend that much time here, but to each their own. Why don't you guys take the next 17 Sundays off and come back to bash who we draft.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='561667' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:40 AM']Dare I say I'm starting to doubt Carson as being the God that I think he is?[/quote]

Carson may have to go back to the basics. I think he got way ahead of himself and doing the play calling at the line. Notice we did a little better with the huddle.

I like Marvin as a person, and I think he's a good football coach. I'm not sure he's a very good game manager, and his personnel decisions have been rather sketchy. That being said, seeing him all choked up tonight made me laugh out loud. This is the same man that treated the press like cocksuckers for asking tough questions, and now after being humiliated in Prime Time - he comes before them with his lips quivering.

I think Marvin can get things back on track, if and only if he has learned lessons from his mistakes. The BYE would be a good time to make a fresh start. They might not be able to salvage the season with this start and the injuries, but Marvin can get his team back and get them playing with the confidence and discipline they showed early in his tenure here.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='561665' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:39 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/13.gif[/img][/quote]

I have no problem with you or storm or any of the johnny come lately's when you make sensible posts and offer some real analysis and reasoning. It's the bitching for the sake of bitching (like your special teams comment) and the complaining about things that aren't a pressing problem that I take issue with.

I see plenty of problems with the team. Too many people on this board though don't want to talk about the actual problems. They'd rather make snide comments or place the blame where it doesn't belong (ie the offense lost the browns game thread).

[quote name='sneaky' post='561662' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:38 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No. But you can answer this though....

Why does it seem like we have this unrealistic expectation for the offense to score 30 points per game but
yet because of our linebacker injuries it seems totally acceptable if the defense gives up 30 points per
game?[/b][/color][/quote]

You think it`s acceptable that we scored less against
the Patriots than the Jets did. And scored as many TD`s
as the Bills did ?

We all know the Defense is the weakest link.
We all know they are the most decimated part of the team.

The Offense did jack shit to help keep them off the field,
and take pressure off them by converting 3rd downs,
and scoring points. If the Offense would have moved
the ball, converted on 3rd downs, not turned the ball
over and scored points, the Defense wouldn`t have
given up so many points.

The Patriots had the ball over 15 minutes, (a quarter of the game)
longer than the Bengals had it. And it`s because THE OFFENSE
FAILED TO CONVERT EVEN ONE 3RD DOWN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Like I said in the title, I'm sorry to make a whole new thread just for the topic, but I don't know if I've ever seen another team absolutely whiff on should-be solid tackles or just dive at a player's feet and try to tackle him by the ankles. I understand that our LBs were decimated after tonight but there's no excuse for not showing up defensively just to make tackles. The sad thing is that it's been addressed for a few years now and still no change. Madieu has been nothing short of disappointing after his rookie year as are a couple other guys. I know part of it is the schemes that the coaches put in place, but it's getting past the point of frustrating watching other teams break off 40 yard runs. Something we haven't done for a couple years now.

[quote name='bengalsmuseum' post='561459' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:41 PM']1) Watson should know better not to chop block on a potential big play like that.

2) Beginning of 4th quarter with 12 men on the field is UNACCEPTABLE.

3) Whoseyourmomma is my new favorite player. He plays hard.[/quote]
watson did what the pats did all game, difference is they get away with EVERYTHING.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='561479' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:44 PM']Chatman sucked ass tonight. He dropped 2 key passes and had a big holding call on a 9 yard Watson run. They should cut his sorry ass.[/quote]
if chatman doesnt hold on that play, it gets stopped in the backfield. watch it again.

[quote name='unleashed' post='561697' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:52 AM']Like I said in the title, I'm sorry to make a whole new thread just for the topic, but I don't know if I've ever seen another team absolutely whiff on should-be solid tackles or just dive at a player's feet and try to tackle him by the ankles. I understand that our LBs were decimated after tonight but there's no excuse for not showing up defensively just to make tackles. The sad thing is that it's been addressed for a few years now and still no change. Madieu has been nothing short of disappointing after his rookie year as are a couple other guys. I know part of it is the schemes that the coaches put in place, but it's getting past the point of frustrating watching other teams break off 40 yard runs. Something we haven't done for a couple years now.[/quote]

The thing that bothers me is on half the long runs we are in position to make the tackle but either whiff or try to shoulder tackle them. This is something that should be fixable.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='561691' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:49 AM']You think it`s acceptable that we scored less against
the Patriots than the Jets did. And scored as many TD`s
as the Bills did ?

We all know the Defense is the weakest link.
We all know they are the most decimated part of the team.

The Offense did jack shit to help keep them off the field,
and take pressure off them by converting 3rd downs,
and scoring points. If the Offense would have moved
the ball, converted on 3rd downs, not turned the ball
over and scored points, the Defense wouldn`t have
given up so many points.

The Patriots had the ball over 15 minutes, (a quarter of the game)
longer than the Bengals had it. And it`s because THE OFFENSE
FAILED TO CONVERT EVEN ONE 3RD DOWN THE ENTIRE GAME.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Have you ever considered that the offense isnt built to protect such a weak defense?

I mean we do not have the run blockers or the runners to chew up the yards
and the clock. The Bengals are built to score quick and often. Once they meet
a formidable defense that limits them, we are fucked because the defense
cant stop anyone.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='561700' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:53 AM']The thing that bothers me is on half the long runs we are in position to make the tackle but either whiff or try to shoulder tackle them. This is something that should be fixable.[/quote]

Everyone's been saying it is fixable since 2003. This is 2007. Nothing has been fixed defensively.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='561699' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:53 AM']watson did what the pats did all game, difference is they get away with EVERYTHING.
if chatman doesnt hold on that play, it gets stopped in the backfield. watch it again.[/quote]

Explain the 2 drops, one for a first down, the other should have been a fumble easily recovered by the Pats. If he doesn't hold, it's 2nd and 12 at the worst. You like 1st and 20 better?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='561706' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:55 AM']Everyone's been saying it is fixable since 2003. This is 2007. Nothing has been fixed defensively.[/quote]

Exactly. Ever since Marvin's had his postgame press conferences, he has harped on the basics of football. Namely: TACKLING. It's horrible that you have to mention to football players that they need to work on their tackling.

Archived